Sponsored

Wrangler 2 Door build glitch? Adding Cold Package requires Convenience Group ONLY on 2 door?

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Hi all,

Pricing out some options for 2 Door WIlly's, seem to have found a few possible glitches? Adding the Cold Package requires the Convenience Package ONLY on the 2 door, NOT the 4 door? Any know a reason for that? That would bring the total to $1,000 for the both to basically get heated seats (manual transmission, no remote start). Worth it if so?
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The online builder is notoriously buggy. Based on the order guide it appears to be required for both 2 and 4 door.

I like having the visor buttons for my garage door so I don't need to keep a garage door opener in the Jeep. Also the cold weather package includes the heated steering wheel as well which is nice and almost impossible to add aftermarket.

If it is worth it or not is a personal decision. The convenience package with the manual is overpriced for basically a garage door opener.

I am glad I decided to get it and if I were to buy again I would get it again.

Edge Hawk

First Name
Asa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD on order, 2014 JKUR & 1992 M101 CND 2 trailer
You can install aftermarket heated seats. Wont have the same cool buttons on the console, but $1000 is a lot if thats all you wanted from it.

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Leaning toward the 4 Door. Cold weather not requiring convenience on the builder. Is there anyway someone can help confirm convenience is not required?

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Leaning toward the 4 Door. Cold weather not requiring convenience on the builder. Is there anyway someone can help confirm convenience is not required?
Itā€™s confirmed in both the 2door and 4door Order Guide, issued December 4: both say the same thing.

ā€œCold Weather Groupā€ which is order code ADE, MUST HAVE ā€œADCā€, which is the order code for Convenience Group. You will NOT get the Cold Weather Group without having the Convenience Group.

Check out both guides in the ā€œOrder, Pricing, Production, Trackingā€ forum, ā€œ2021 Jeep Wrangler JL 2-DoorOrder Guideā€ and the similarly named JLU (for four doors) order guide.

Sponsored

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Itā€™s confirmed in both the 2door and 4door Order Guide, issued December 4: both say the same thing.

ā€œCold Weather Groupā€ which is order code ADE, MUST HAVE ā€œADCā€, which is the order code for Convenience Group. You will NOT get the Cold Weather Group without having the Convenience Group.

Check out both guides in the ā€œOrder, Pricing, Production, Trackingā€ forum, ā€œ2021 Jeep Wrangler JL 2-DoorOrder Guideā€ and the similarly named JLU (for four doors) order guide.
Ah ok got it thanks appreciate it

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
No worries! Itā€™s a lot to start going through!!šŸ˜
So hard to make up my damn mind! Do I get a Willys 2 Door with hard top the buy soft top, approx 41k, or a 4 door with sky top, approx 45k. Changing my mind by the hour.

ScoobyBlue

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Formerly 16JK Willys, now 21JL Rubicon
Loo
So hard to make up my damn mind! Do I get a Willys 2 Door with hard top the buy soft top, approx 41k, or a 4 door with sky top, approx 45k. Changing my mind by the hour.
Look at pics. IMO, for me, soft top over sky top. The roof frame for a sky top will always be there. Unlike the soft top, itā€™s completely gone, rear windows and all. I thought the sky top was decent when I first heard of it - but after many many pics and videos, it became clear for me that it wasnā€™t for me.

Also, I did the soft top over the hard top because I need to be able to put the top down myself. I canā€™t do that with a hard top, and have no place to store it while itā€™s off even if I could. (Yeah I know there are lift systems, but again, where do I store the system itself when not in use, and the hard top and system when the hard top is gone.) With the soft top, my hands and back can handle it all, top down, windows out, no storage necessary.

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Hi all,

Pricing out some options for 2 Door WIlly's, seem to have found a few possible glitches? Adding the Cold Package requires the Convenience Package ONLY on the 2 door, NOT the 4 door? Any know a reason for that? That would bring the total to $1,000 for the both to basically get heated seats (manual transmission, no remote start). Worth it if so?
Just a guess, but this may have something to do with deproliferation of wiring harnesses at the assembly plant (reduced part numbers).

OP
OP
sk00pie

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Loo

Look at pics. IMO, for me, soft top over sky top. The roof frame for a sky top will always be there. Unlike the soft top, itā€™s completely gone, rear windows and all. I thought the sky top was decent when I first heard of it - but after many many pics and videos, it became clear for me that it wasnā€™t for me.

Also, I did the soft top over the hard top because I need to be able to put the top down myself. I canā€™t do that with a hard top, and have no place to store it while itā€™s off even if I could. (Yeah I know there are lift systems, but again, where do I store the system itself when not in use, and the hard top and system when the hard top is gone.) With the soft top, my hands and back can handle it all, top down, windows out, no storage necessary.
I actually like the overall look of the sky because I typically like the body color hardtop look. Just don't know if I want to spend the extra!
Sponsored