Sponsored

Wrangler 2-door 2-seater option

Which 2 Door Wrangler option would you order

• Delete rear seat: Save money and garage space (2 person + big pet option)

• Keep rear seat: Pay extra just in case (3-4 person + medium pet option)

• Might as well delete the passenger seat too: So I can sleep inside solo (1 person + pet option)

• None of the above: I only buy 4 doors because I didn't keep scrolling and I load it up...

• Optional extra response: I am offended because you called the 4-door a Wagon!

• Optional extra response: I am offended because you referred to the 2-door as the Limited!

• Optional extra response: I am glad you called it a 'wagon'

• Optional extra response: I am cool with calling it 'the Limited'

• OR Join Campaign to have Jeep add a 50/50 rear split-seat option: So I can remove one or both sides!

Results are only viewable after voting.

BadAssBumbleBee

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2010 Callaway SC572 Camaro SS
As a 6'3 275 lb old guy, I will guess one or more of the following:

-your 2 6'6" co-workers were 20 or 30-somethings who can still bend like pretzels.
-they aren't really 6'6 (my 6' tall son, skinny as a rail) has long legs and he barely has leg room
-your front seats are not all the way back or even close , which is needed for me.
-your back seat footwells are not filled with tow ropes, folding shovels, and other trail stuff (there is not enough storage in the two door for this stuff...we have the subwoofer in our 80th anniversary so there isnt even that small space available...but we love the sub...LOL)
-your co-workers are being polite and thankful for the ride when they answer "I am fine" when you ask "are you guys comfortable but are silently thinking "Mary, Mother of God, please let this ride end soon so I can get my knees out of my spleen!!!"

I say all this tongue in cheek of course. :)

The rear seating is OK, but that depends on the position of the front seat(s) and the age, weight , girth, height, flexibility and age of the folks riding in the rear seat IMHO.

As with everything "YMMV".

Yes, both my co-workers are actually 6' 6", 250+ lbs. OK, one of them may be 6' 4" or 6" 5", but I'm 5' 11" and the top of my head barely reaches their shoulders.

Having said that, they are both in their mid to late 30's, so getting in the back wasn't too difficult for them as long as they got in through the passenger side, and the drives I've taken with them in the back haven't been extremely long (under an hour). They may have felt different or come out permanently disfigured if we were on a 4-5 hour road trip LOL.
Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I think that "very comfortably" is a relative sort of thing....subjective, not "mother in law"....LOL

My son is 6 feet tall and can sit in the back seat but not much extra room beside him (long legs).

I am 6'3" or so and 275 lbs.....the back seat is torture to me....leg/foot room mostly. As I recall headroom was marginal....(I have been in the back seat exactly two times in the year or so we have had it...LOL)

Getting into and out of the back seat is also easier for the 20-something son , but for me and my wife at more than 5 decades old, not fun IMHO.

We bought the 2dr specifically because it wasn't a 4 door....we had always onwed a 4 door car due to having kids for years.......no longer a need to drive a vehicle with doors...extra weight (albeit not that much), longer wheelbase (albeit not THAT much) etc etc etc.

I still have a 4 door crew cab pickup so when the kids or older relatives need to be in the vehicle we are covered.

I would never make my 70+ year old father in law crawl into the back seat of the 2 Dr JL....LOL......though if you hate you in-laws maybe its an option....LOL
The JLU is not that much more comfortable back there, in fact the rear seats on the JLU are arguably quite uncomfortable.

But you do make a fair point lol! For tall people it might not work that well for short and average people the rear is fine. Theres plenty of width for 2. I am 5'8'' so I didnt even think about leg room lol.

My in law lifts weights. so she is in great shape for her age probably why she doesnt complain. Powerlifting does wonders to age. i should get back to it lol. Both my parents (in their 60s) have been in the rear of my jeep. They said it was fine. I do have a slider/step thats very helpful to get in/out. It is also very easy if you go in through the passenger side. But if you are a tall person I can see it being more difficult for sure.

P.S: i am 32, wife 29, Daughter 13 months. And everyone I mentioned in my post are short. So I am probably full of shit and extremely biased.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MattT69

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We sometimes keep the rear seat in, and sometimes pull it...depends on the use.

It's nice to have options if you have somewhere to stick it when not in use.

I checked "join campaign for split seat"....would be nice to have THAT option......dont always need the WHOLE back....just half....and that would allow a 3rd person as well....

That all said, too late for us, we already own ours....so the campaign (for us) would be pointless.

I *WOULD* like to start a campaign that asks for them to address how the back seat is "loose" when in the folded position....we have our front seats all the way back and the rear seat will slam down if I launch from a stop too hard.......un-nerving and dangerous if you have eggs or a pizza in the cargo area and the seat up....LOL
Lots of votes for the split seat campaign, it would be a great option for sure.

Also when you have the rear seat folded up, why don't you use the velcro straps, that are attached to the back of the seats, to wrap around the u hooks on each side to secure the rear seat in the up and folded. These straps can also be used to secure the seat to the floor when folded down.

Rescue119

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Willys, 2021 Jeep GC L Limited
I voted for split rear seat. Why. I have a car seat in the back. So if I have to carry something and my wifes suv is not available I have to take the car seat out first which takes only a few minutes but still.

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick
This poll is for the 2 door wrangler owners out there (4 doorers keep scrolling, nothing to see here...) :)
OK now that we got them cleared out, so as not to offend. I will affectionally refer to the 2 doors as the "Limited" just like we call the 4 doors "Unlimited" as opposed to SUVs.

We all know that most buyers of the Limited do not necessarily need or even use the rear seat. So I wanted to see how many buyers of the Limited wrangler would choose to not order a rear seat if given the option from factory.

Everything is an option when you order a wrangler, why not make the rear seat an option for the Limited. This would reduce the cost of the Jeep for those who don't need one. PLUS this would save garage space for those who take them out the first day that Jeep comes home. PLUS this would allow the Limited cargo area to be more Unlimited without having to go full wagon...

So here's the poll to see how the Limited owners really feel about their rear seats. I have my brand new leather rear seat collecting dust in the garage in a space I could use for something else, so you all know where I stand. CHEERS!!!
“Limited” I love that!! If they’re making a attempt to switch everything to electric/hybrid by the 2030s. I don’t think the 2 door is large enough for all the batteries and such to make the future cut. So it really is “Limited”

Sponsored

OP
OP
MattT69

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

JeepGeezer

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Happily retired
You missed the option we chose - buy a 2 door and remove the rear seat. That gives us the best of both worlds. We now have some actual room in the back, and we can put the seat back if we need to.

BlackTanJL22

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 2dr JL Black/Tan 6cyl stick

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Just take it out as I have, but keep it as a option for passengers.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time

I *WOULD* like to start a campaign that asks for them to address how the back seat is "loose" when in the folded position....we have our front seats all the way back and the rear seat will slam down if I launch from a stop too hard.......un-nerving and dangerous if you have eggs or a pizza in the cargo area and the seat up....LOL
Maybe you already read this, but the rear seat is supposed to be "tied". There are velcro straps and a metal "loop" to run the straps through so the seat doesn't move.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MattT69

MattT69

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have friends, so having a rear seat is important.
But good friends don't let friends sit in the back seat 😉😅🤣

But seriously, I normally don't see adults sitting in the rear seats of the Wrangler wagons, BUT when I do it looks weird...🧐 IMHO ✌

Jeepalady17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wragler Sport S
I would absolutely have ordered it without a back seat! It's just the wife and I and our German Shepherd. I don't have any circumstance in which a third person will be riding. As is it will come out on day one, and I will have to store it in the garage at work because I don't have a garage at home. Only sheds, and I don't trust storing it in either of them long term due to pests.

That said, I realize I am the extreme minority that can guarantee that I will never have a passenger riding in the back.
Me either Just me and the dog and all my friends and relatives are either out of state or in Sweden so no one else will be riding..

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I wish we could save money on special orders by opting for:

1) rear seat delete
2) carpet delete
3) steel wheels w/cheap tires

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
My rear seat came out as soon as I got it home on day 1. It will only go back in the day I sell it. I don't have any kids or pets. I like the open full bed in the back for transporting stuff. And taking out the rear seat which weighs ~80 pounds has got to be a good guy for long-term gas mileage.

I never got even that far with mine, Birdie --- I had the (out of state) dealer keep the useless rear seat. I did not want the hassle and the bother of trying to get rid of it, or of finding the unicorn Jeep owner who would want it, or trying to store it in a crowded shed where it would just end up as a piss-soaked mouse condominium.

The cargo space in the back of my 2-door is infinitely more valuable to me than a seat that would probably never get used once, even if I keep the Jeep for 20+ years.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
I wish we could save money on special orders by opting for:

1) rear seat delete
2) carpet delete
3) steel wheels w/cheap tires
Agree, I think........that Armorlite will become a factory option at some point in the future. If for nothing else, to match the Bronco.

Definitely agree on these options to decrease cost, but..........not happening.
Sponsored