Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Got to give WPN Gear a thumbs up for their overhead rifle mount. No issues with accessing freedom panel latches and it can also be used as a shelf to place items on top.

0421191633_HDR~2.jpg

0421191632b_HDR~2.jpg

0421191632_HDR~2.jpg
Sponsored

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Looks cool, but in my state of Michigan, it is illegal to have a rifle that is accessible to vehicle occupants. If it has to be inside of the vehicle, like a Jeep, it has be be separated from the ammo and in a case.

But, An AR pistol would be fine. My AR pistol fits perfect in the rear storage area.

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Looks cool, but in my state of Michigan, it is illegal to have a rifle that is accessible to vehicle occupants. If it has to be inside of the vehicle, like a Jeep, it has be be separated from the ammo and in a case.

But, An AR pistol would be fine. My AR pistol fits perfect in the rear storage area.
I live in Arizona and thankfully it's an open carry state. However I still possess a CCW permit and follow all state laws. When I'm transporting the rifle in this mount, I keep the magazines in the back. It's inserted in the post for photo purposes only.

StammesOpfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n 2.0 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty happy with mine as well. No plan on using it for actual Weapon Mounts (no reason to transport that way). They make a great platform for other things to be installed as well. I did my onboard air system on the rear mount. I have my Ham Radio control head mounted on the visor shelf. Ram Mounts attach to the slots perfectly. I also plan on putting my sPOD controller there when the time comes.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wpngear-mount-for-dual-viair-oba.23513/

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I am pretty happy with mine as well. No plan on using it for actual Weapon Mounts (no reason to transport that way). They make a great platform for other things to be installed as well. I did my onboard air system on the rear mount. I have my Ham Radio control head mounted on the visor shelf. Ram Mounts attach to the slots perfectly. I also plan on putting my sPOD controller there when the time comes.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/wpngear-mount-for-dual-viair-oba.23513/
LOVE your air system idea with the rear mount!!!

OP
OP
4xnaz

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just to clarify things. This shelf isn't primarily sold as a firearm mount, just an option. The 2 pieces bolted to the shelf, that secure a rifle, are sold separately. The WPN Gear mount consists of 3 pieces. The main shelf piece that stretches the length of the windshield attaches to two smaller pieces on each end. These end pieces are secured to the roll cage with a bolt that goes through a pre-existing hole in the roll cage. This hole isnt used for anything if you have a hardtop.

0422191105a_HDR~2.jpg

0422191106_HDR.jpg
Sponsored