OP
MichaelAnthony

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Bro what part of Texas you in?
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Whatever. I’m still going to go wheel there every year. No reason to get your panties in a bunch. It’s not like anyone’s going to do anything about it. Keep wheeling and stop over reacting. People seem to forget how and why most of these trails were built. Not so much Moab but most others from prospectors and producers.

We all drive down these trails commenting on how cool all the old cabins and machinery is then complain when companies do the same thing that got all theses things built. Most likely, nothing will happen with it. Most parcels of BLM land get leased and just sit without anything every being developed. All this happens in the background, daily. These leases won’t close land but the asshat lefties will sure as shit buy up the entrances to trails and get them closed forever. I worry about them more than big oil doing it. Neither option is ideal but.........

OP
OP
MichaelAnthony

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious... i was stationed out in Hood then lived in the SA part worked in Austin Corpus McAllen love Texas and was just curious didn't mean to pry into your life LoL

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Bro what part of Texas you in?
I’m in the DFDubbs... where you at, brah???
That’s what she said.
Whatever. I’m still going to go wheel there every year. No reason to get your panties in a bunch. It’s not like anyone’s going to do anything about it. Keep wheeling and stop over reacting.

Most likely, nothing will happen with it. ...but the asshat lefties will sure as shit buy up the entrances to trails and get them closed forever. I worry about them more than big oil doing it. Neither option is ideal but.........
The voice of reason. And yes, I too anticipate this being lost in the paperwork and by the time it’s all said and done, people will have moved on to other things and forgotten about this.

Re the people who want to close trails, these are the same assholes who run to “save Mother Nature and rescue animals,” but lack everyday sense and pick and choose to follow the law only when it’s convenient or beneficial to them. :facepalm:

Geronimo

First Name
Boltz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU , 2018 JLUR, 2023 JLR all DDs
Just read this entire thread and not one mention of The Lions back closed by condo's.

Oil fields do not normally close public lands permanently and agreements are often made that allow hunting and other activities on those lands. There of course will be small pump stations some day. Maybe that is if the price rises to the point to make recovery worth even drilling and fracking. Not likely in the next Thirty years or more.

Its always funny to see folks that relish driving gas hogs and use them in ways that use even more, then turn around and hammer the very companies that make it all possible.

Try to make all the plastics that surround your life, bottles bags, computers, flooring, vinyl, rubber, 25% of your jeep, the gas, grease and oil in it. The list is nearly infinite that comes from Black Gold and Natural Gas.

You could hoof it through MOAB on Trigger or Mr. ED. Just think of the money you would save on Tires. Not sure how efficient they are on hay and oats....

Better save your energy to fight the Condo developers that want to fill Hell's revenge and Poison Spyder with the third or fourth house owned by the Bernies, Gores, and Hollywood tree hugging entertainers that want to have it all to their own elitist selves.

Exxon, Valero, Marathon, Shell, thank goodness they make money making our modern lives this much fun and comfortable. Now Imagine them suddenly gone.

Sponsored

03RMK800

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Oil and gas leases generally are not exclusive so I doubt offroading is seriously endangered. Even so, now is the time to act. I have not looked this request up, but SOP is:
this request for lease should be in a review and comment period. Comments can argue its the wrong thing at the wrong placeso it should not reach the auction stage.
It is also possible to get lease conditions imposed before auction time, such as recognize/protect existing uses and structures.
There are laws against bidding to prevent O& G development. Laws wew added after an envrowacko won leases to stop O&G in, guess where, Utah.
Search out the BLM regional office for the Moab area and the state office and look at the projects and proposals for energy development to see if this is real, and what the calendar is.

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
Alarmist fear mongering, no way the people of Utah or Moab will let it happen. Remember, when the Obama admin tried to take away access to some off roading locations in Utah, the state government sent its own people out to tear down fences along with residents. They will force them into someplace the people who recreate in Moab will never even know they are there. Anything that interferes with normal tourism around Moab will mysteriously burn down over and over again until they decide to leave, but I don't think it'll ever get that far.

OP
OP
MichaelAnthony

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Alarmist fear mongering, no way the people of Utah or Moab will let it happen. Remember, when the Obama admin tried to take away access to some off roading locations in Utah, the state government sent its own people out to tear down fences along with residents. They will force them into someplace the people who recreate in Moab will never even know they are there.
I hope you are right
Sponsored