OP
MichaelAnthony

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Maybe for temporary pipeline work or drilling but that's about it. You can drive up to pumpjacks scattered all over BLM land as it is.
While that may be true in Texas in Pennsylvania where i live they have all the entrances fenced and gated and posted. That is Shell refinery.

Advertisement

D60

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
While that may be true in Texas in Pennsylvania where i live they have all the entrances fenced and gated and posted. That is Shell refinery.
Yeah Penn might as well be a different planet from the West. Just about anywhere in CO, NM or UT you can walk right up to the pump jacks. There's 4 around my house I walk the dogs by all the time. They actually electrified 'em all ~8 years ago so they're quiet, but they'll also auto-start (almost silently) at any time....kinda spooky until you get used to it

The bummer is that even though 3ph now passes right by my driveway the power company was a total dick about letting me on for my shop. So screw them, I'll just use my RPC forever.

TEXGOAT

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They finally had to fence off the Shell Refinery property because huge crowds of people were running all over and rooting up the place in Jeeps and ATVs and mountain bikes and even Segways and the damned backpacking Whole Foods geeks kept getting caught in the machinery. Then you had the recreational intoxication crowds out of Philly climbing up on the product storage tanks and dipping their covid masks into the toluene and getting higher than Jesus Christ's hemline and then falling off the tanks and landing on the Jeepers and ATV kids ... just a mess!