Sponsored

Would you walk away from your order, or wait?

falf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Been stalking the order threads for a while now, but finally made an account to ask...

I ordered a fairly loaded rubicon back on May 10th from my local dealer. Got my VON/VIN and welcome email within a couple of days after order, all is well.

June 16th rolls around and I receive a second welcome email with new VON. Call my dealership, ask what's up. Salesman says my address was incorrect so they had to submit a new order, but assures me it will still be a 22 and I wouldn't lose my spot in line, blahblahblah. First vehicle I've ordered... so I take his word for it hook, line, and sinker.

Call him back last week for an update. Jeep will be a 23 and of course the price has gone up around 1700-2000. Assures me Jeep will be here mid September ( yeah right). Approx build date is 08/24.

Ideally, we were banking on Jeep arriving the first week of October at the latest.

I've found a Jeep several states away that check all the boxes and then some. But I'll be paying MSRP plus shipping instead of the 1000 over invoice my dealership agreed to (yeah, wish I would've found below invoice dealerships before I made the original order). On the plus side, I'd be guaranteed to have it before October...

Part of me wants to pay the extra just because I'm pissed at my salesman. But I'd likely be walking away from my 1000 deposit... unless I have any kind of grounds on getting it back since they aren't honoring the original price.

Am I being unreasonable for being frustrated with my local dealership? Would you walk away and pay the extra?
Sponsored

Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Looks to me like you have a solid case to get your deposit back if you walk. They entered the order wrong and had to resubmit it, and you ordered a 23. You could always talk with the dealer and see if they are willing to sell the 23 for the same price you originally negotiated for your order. Worst thing they could say is no.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
Did you run your first vin# you got to see what’s up? Was that jeep delivered, sold etc etc I think your dealership is playing games, check your POC to see entered info, if you want to confront them you need to get all your info together first then lay it out and confront them! Obviously the ultimate decision come down to one thing money vs time, are you on with paying a little more but have your jeep sooner? Or would you rather save some cash but be stuck with waiting?

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Been stalking the order threads for a while now, but finally made an account to ask...

I ordered a fairly loaded rubicon back on May 10th from my local dealer. Got my VON/VIN and welcome email within a couple of days after order, all is well.

June 16th rolls around and I receive a second welcome email with new VON. Call my dealership, ask what's up. Salesman says my address was incorrect so they had to submit a new order, but assures me it will still be a 22 and I wouldn't lose my spot in line, blahblahblah. First vehicle I've ordered... so I take his word for it hook, line, and sinker.

Call him back last week for an update. Jeep will be a 23 and of course the price has gone up around 1700-2000. Assures me Jeep will be here mid September ( yeah right). Approx build date is 08/24.

Ideally, we were banking on Jeep arriving the first week of October at the latest.

I've found a Jeep several states away that check all the boxes and then some. But I'll be paying MSRP plus shipping instead of the 1000 over invoice my dealership agreed to (yeah, wish I would've found below invoice dealerships before I made the original order). On the plus side, I'd be guaranteed to have it before October...

Part of me wants to pay the extra just because I'm pissed at my salesman. But I'd likely be walking away from my 1000 deposit... unless I have any kind of grounds on getting it back since they aren't honoring the original price.

Am I being unreasonable for being frustrated with my local dealership? Would you walk away and pay the extra?
We've never seen a verified situation where the original price was not honored. You should be locked in.

Sponsored

OP
OP

falf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Did you run your first vin# you got to see what’s up? Was that jeep delivered, sold etc etc I think your dealership is playing games, check your POC to see entered info, if you want to confront them you need to get all your info together first then lay it out and confront them! Obviously the ultimate decision come down to one thing money vs time, are you on with paying a little more but have your jeep sooner? Or would you rather save some cash but be stuck with waiting?
I was tracking it on the Jeep tracker... I would check both my order numbers. The original never changed from order confirmed and has now been cleared from the system with a "no info can be found".

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
I was tracking it on the Jeep tracker... I would check both my order numbers. The original never changed from order confirmed and has now been cleared from the system with a "no info can be found".
Run the vin# too not just the order #
If they changed or updated the customer info in the system you wouldn’t be able to match the info anymore when checking order status, from my understanding is orders can’t be changed once they are put in and accepted by stellantis, the thing that gets me is why dealer put an order in May 10 then realize in June 16 something is wrong?

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
As Ratbert says, the dealer should honor the original price, especially since they screwed up the order. If the vin # has been deleted, chances are the dealer is telling the truth. Talk to the General Manager, it’s not like they are losing money seeing as they charged you above invoice in the first place.

OP
OP

falf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Run the vin# too not just the order #
If they changed or updated the customer info in the system you wouldn’t be able to match the info anymore when checking order status, from my understanding is orders can’t be changed once they are put in and accepted by stellantis, the thing that gets me is why dealer put an order in May 10 then realize in June 16 something is wrong?
Where would I run the vin at?

Ericthemantis

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Willys 2.0L
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just moved, so I emailed my dealer to see if I needed to update my address on my order. He said "You're fine...we'll update it later.... Jeep/Stellantis really only cares that name on order matches name of the buyer when delivered...". I don't know if the dealership is being intentionally dishonest, but it doesn't sound like they are doing a very good job, either. Note: I ordered from Kent at Peterson in Idaho who runs the "National Jeep Sales" program there.

Sponsored

OP
OP

falf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
I just moved, so I emailed my dealer to see if I needed to update my address on my order. He said "You're fine...we'll update it later.... Jeep/Stellantis really only cares that name on order matches name of the buyer when delivered...". I don't know if the dealership is being intentionally dishonest, but it doesn't sound like they are doing a very good job, either. Note: this is Kent at Peterson in Idaho who runs the "National Jeep Sales" program there.
I'm not positive if it's the truth or not either... however I live in a rural area and have a rural route for mailing and a different physical address. I've personally had issues trying to figure out which address to use for different scenarios, so thought the issue might be legit.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mind sharing the last 6 of your original VIN? I'll see if it made any progress.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I'm not positive if it's the truth or not either... however I live in a rural area and have a rural route for mailing and a different physical address. I've personally had issues trying to figure out which address to use for different scenarios, so thought the issue might be legit.
I'll in the same boat. It sucks to not have a mailbox.
Sponsored