Sponsored

Would you switch to a jt?? Why, or why not?

Whiskey 13

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Black Rubicon, LOD Signature Mid Width Bumper, Smittybilt Gen 3 12000 Lb. Winch Syn. Rope, Teraflex 1.5" Leveling Kit, Weather Tech Form Fit Mats, ROAM MK 3 Frame Mounted Rock Rails
No, I will stick with the JL, have had many wranglers and I traded a Ram 3500 in to buy my JL. I have a Durango to tow anything my JL won't and trailers for any large Items. Just prefer the orange crate on wheels.
Sponsored

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
I guess I'm the odd man out but I like the hideous or ugly or whatever you want to call it looks of the JT. I hate the sleak looks of all the new mid-sized trucks these days. I can't even tell them apart. To me, the JT looks tough, durable and unique. It's for Jeep lovers that want a truck. Nothing more. You can't compare it to other mid-sized trucks. Other trucks don't have the uniqueness that comes with owning a Jeep, i.e. removable top and doors and more.
What he said!!!!!!

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Wife wanted a JT to replace her 4runner. I already had a tacoma.
I said ā€œnah, I already have a pickupā€. She got a Wrangler.

I liked the Wrangler so much I replaced my tacoma with JT.
Now that's funny......

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
I wouldn't trade my JL for a JT, but if I had the money and extra space I'd have a JT as an addition.

When they came out I didn't like the looks at all, but they look much better lifted with 35 and up tires, as someone mentioned earlier. That Mohave edition looks nice.

Blade1668

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
91MJ,90XJ,91XJ,05,LJ,05JT
A foot difference doesn't matter to me, it's still worthless as a truck. Putting the tailgate down doesn't help much at all when you're hauling stuff that can slide out. Hell the Jeep Comanche pickups with a short bed have a longer and wider bed than the JT. Yeah, a compact pickup made 30 years ago is more useful than a modern midsize pickup.
Being a owner of a 91 MJ too the bed is a foot longer but it's short on leg room in the cab probably great for someone well under 6ft tall. I ordered mine after Desert Storm. Really needed the leg room. I should have sold it in Germany and got a new XJ then but I got a lot of good memories with it too. I've driven it all over Europe and east of the Mississippi. But now I'm loaded with Jeeps 2 XJ's, MJ, LJ and JT. I probably wouldn't swap it out a JL or JLU for JT but maybe both. I have been waiting for a new Jeep truck since the MJ was killed off. My memories of a Jeep truck have always been good and the JT is as nice as the first Jeep truck I seen and rode in as a kid.
Don't forget Ford even needed a JT.šŸ˜‰šŸ˜²
Jeep Wrangler JL Would you switch to a jt??  Why, or why not? Screenshot_20210605-211531~2

Sponsored

m453w

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Will offer my opinion after trading a JLU Moab for a JT Rubicon. Iā€™ll also add that my other vehicle is a Ram 1500 Unlimited. Other particulars - no serious rock climbing so wheelbase and clearance not an issue for me. I do make frequent trips to the beach, so the bed (with cover) offered a good place to carry all the beach stuff along with the required sand recovery gear. My towing is modest - utility trailers and PWCs. I personally havenā€™t been challenged by the change in turning radius. Iā€™ve since added a mild lift and 35s to the JT, but havenā€™t observed significant differences in ride or handling. My expectations for both ride and handling in a Jeep compared to more performance-oriented cars and SUVs are very low. Neither the JL or the JT, IMO, offer as refined a ride as the Ram Unlimited. But this is apples to oranges.

The Moab had some features that I miss - adaptive cruise, full time AWD when needed, and I preferred the overall appearance of the JL. But the extra space to easily carry more stuff was the deal maker for me.

Bottom line - all the opinions offered are unique to the individual so apply limited weighting, make your selection, enjoy the choice, and donā€™t look backā€¦

whiteglad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I traded my JKUR Recon for a JT. The JT has more weight capacity, towing ability, and room for my gear plus whatever I get when hunting. Ride is better on the highway due to longer wheelbase. Oh, I do have a Ram 3500 single wheel short bed crew cab for the heavy towing, but it is pretty fat, stiff riding, and long for hunting.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
JT works well for me, bed is just as useful as the bed I had on my Tundra. Towing my 3500lb boat, hauling my old 3 wheeler and bringing a waverunner lift to my camp in Maine. Couldnā€™t do any of these things with my JKU.

4C54D73D-555C-4297-A5C6-198386DF8079.jpeg

80ACE194-9CA0-428D-9EC4-E01E564B7BBE.jpeg

B8935745-0670-440E-9649-0CE8AAE0A8CA.jpeg

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKUR, 1989 Toyota standard cab pickup

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Snip...
That's the beauty of the Gladiator. You can have a 5' open bed, 6.5' open bed with the gate down, or there's 50 million bed covers, bed caps, camper shells, utility beds, etc. to choose from for enclosed weather protection. It's the Swiss Army knife of Jeeps.
... Snip
And with a 6' bed you have 7.5" bed with the tailgate down... just sayin'... :)

Sponsored

Dainbramaged

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2021 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
We started our Jeep collection with a JT Overland and then migrated to a JTR this year to be more capable on blues & blacks off-road. We discovered that neither of us wanted to drive the Subaru Outback any longer and so we just closed the deal a couple months ago on this JLUR stick. With the JTR on 37ā€™s it wheels great, but does have line considerations with the break over and tail. Just part of the fun of wheeling it. A hard tonneau cover and itā€™s much more useful for camping and pulling our 23ā€™ 17MKE trailer.
I honestly donā€™t think that you can go wrong either way. If you need a truck occasionally or tow, the JT is great. If I rarely needed a truck, weā€™d probably just have the JLU.

F1FE2DD6-A439-4A2D-AA6F-A1565DF255B4.jpeg

07AB453B-5904-4B6F-877A-2216AF25E0D8.jpeg

EB07FBD7-AADC-4AFE-A2DC-289F60E97C94.jpeg

5A10BDAA-91A8-4C0B-B594-7441E6918EFA.jpeg

Vincent Mirabile

First Name
Vincent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep rubicon 392
If you could swap your wrangler out, anfyget a jt. Keeping the same payments etc (or pick between a wrangler and jt for same price). Would you? Which would you want, and why?

Torn, as I may be looking at that. I prefer the size of the wrangler, and the departure angle. But the bed may be so useful, and better for camping....
I have a question off topic, I have the new rubicon 392. Had it for 3 weeks now. When I step on the gas from a dead stop I hear a clicking type of sound then like a slight metal rattle as if something is loose. To anyone who has the 392,is that normal? I'm bringing it in next week for them to check it out but just wanted to know if anyone went through this, thanks

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
I donā€™t have anything against the JT, in fact I considered it for a hot minute but decided against it for two reasons:

1. Itā€™s too long to fit in my garage easily with my garage setup the way it is now with a workbench on the back wall. My JLU just fits, and I park in the garage because I keep top/doors off most of the time in the summer

2. I need covered/dry/secure cargo space more than bed space. My wife would be less than pleased if we drove up to the lake and her bags in the bed of the JT, even under a tonneau, got wet in a rain storm. The one time a year I haul mulch or a dead deer isnā€™t a good reason to have an open bed versus the trunk (and hitch hauler) I use on my JLU.

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a question off topic, I have the new rubicon 392. Had it for 3 weeks now. When I step on the gas from a dead stop I hear a clicking type of sound then like a slight metal rattle as if something is loose. To anyone who has the 392,is that normal? I'm bringing it in next week for them to check it out but just wanted to know if anyone went through this, thanks
Try the 392 forum. You'll probably get a better response there. :) https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...er-392-discussions-sponsored-by-rubitrux.179/

nowandthen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would not buy a JT, but that's me. I've seen 2 JT's in the last day with big-a$$ tires on them (37 or bigger) and they looked pretty sweet. Bigger tires on a vehicle of that size definitely makes the JT look a lot better IMO. But then, all Jeeps look better with big tires. :)

To each his own, buy what you like, not what others like. And if you can swing it, slap some 37's or 40's on that baby!
Sponsored