Sponsored

Would you still buy a Wrangler if Jeep did not build custom orders?

Would you still buy a Wrangler if Jeep did not offer custom orders?

• Total voters

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
For those of you that did make a custom factory order, and purchase it, would you still have purchased a Wrangler if that option wasn't available? In other words, how important was it for you to get *exactly* what you want to the T, instead of picking from vanilla dealer inventory?
Sponsored

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
For those of you that did make a custom factory order, and purchase it, would you still have purchased a Wrangler if that option wasn't available? In other words, how important was it for you to get *exactly* what you want to the T, instead of picking from vanilla dealer inventory?
For 50k+ I’m getting what I want. That said, finding Rubicon around me that had basically every option but was a 6 speed was a no go so I ordered.

Reactions: N75

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I voted no because I wouldn't buy it now, would need a lot of time to find something close to what I want and still have to settle.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
When I first started looking, I assumed I could not find a vehicle on the lot that met my criteria. Right now there are 3 within 150 miles of me. I am glad I factory ordered to get exactly what I wanted but I would have been cool with 1 off the lot.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
I originally wanted to order, but with the looming transmission issues on my trade in I decided to get one off the lot. Turns out it was a good deal because I was ordering the Turbo model and I'd still be waiting.

Sponsored

Mrjimmystewart

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 jeep 392, Mercedes E 53 convt, Prevost H3-41
Occupation
Retired
Its not just getting all the options you want and none that you don't, its being able to get a better price too. The dealers give deeper discounts as their costs are less.

1quick1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Vehicle Showcase
The one I found on the lot had all the options I wanted plus a couple more so I was fine with it. I wouldn't have ordered the safety group and turns out I do really like the upgraded LED tail lights and the other features of it are not bad.

Jeep Jenn

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 2-door Sport S
My jeep has everything in it that I do want and nothing that I don't want. Nor am i having to live w/o something I want. I.E. I'm getting the Cold Weather Package with Remote start, but NONE of the "vanilla" Jeeps being delivered will have the package. To me that is important. Also I'm getting a 2 door and a soft top where as this state only orders 4 door (even in the JK) and hard tops or dual tops. Until recently I only wanted to manual, until I decided I wanted the cold weather group that is. Before I decided I wanted the Auto, a body couldn't get ANY jeep in a manual w/o ordering it, because this location doesn't think that people want to drive manuals.

OP
OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
For me, ordering is pretty much the only option--that or a different vehicle entirely. I demand a manual transmission two door in an interesting color, and that alone is something dealers rarely stock. Combine that with the fact I'd prefer a Sport or Sport S, and it becomes nonexistent.

It's cool you can get them to your exacting specifications. Ocean Blue tan interior 2 door JL Sport 6MT with softtop, A/C and Anti-Spin axle for the win!

TheWingman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Firecracker Red JLUR
I was on the fence between ordering and buying off the lot. Had to be red, rubicon, stick shift, hard top. Other options were negotiable. Found one in New Braunfels and drove 180 miles to pick it up. Only thing I would've wanted from the factory is the trailer hitch/aux switches, but I knew that could be done at a later date. Freaking in love with the thing, couldn't imagine doing anything else. Hunting it down and road tripping to pick her up is a memory I'll never forget. Although having my name on the window sticker would be pretty boss. lol

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
I would’ve got one regardless but I love the ordering process and result and now we are seriously considering a second except the second would be a 2 door..maybe...diesel? No hurry but I definitely love this JL

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
I'd buy one off the lot if they were 30K, but I'm looking at a 40-50K build so yeah, I want exactly what I want. Plus, I want the Alpine but not the 4C, so that's going to be hard to find. I also like ordering because I can request the dealer to do minimal prep since dealers love to give a 19 year old kid with no training a buffer and a brand new car and let them go to town. I don't like having swirl marks installed before delivery.

OP
OP
That One Guy

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd buy one off the lot if they were 30K, but I'm looking at a 40-50K build so yeah, I want exactly what I want. Plus, I want the Alpine but not the 4C, so that's going to be hard to find. I also like ordering because I can request the dealer to do minimal prep since dealers love to give a 19 year old kid with no training a buffer and a brand new car and let them go to town. I don't like having swirl marks installed before delivery.
The only way you're getting a 30k Wrangler is a low option manual 2 door Sport these days.

FCA made them expensive real quick.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
I can never find what I want in stock on a dealer's lot. I want a stick shift on any vehicle I buy (unless it's for my wife), and I don't want to pay for things I don't care about. I also don't like "packages" requiring that I take two or more options bundled in a group, when I only want one of those things. I'd rather each option was separate. E.g., why do I have to pay $200 for a garage door opener if all I want is heated seats?

Dr.McNinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
I got lucky in 2007 when I found my Rescue Green Sport JKU with tow package and 6 speed. I didn't want any other options and did want those.
I ordered this time because I wanted a Turbo.
Sponsored