Sponsored

Would you spend money on mods on a leased JL?

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Dont do it. Youll get attached, and youll lose all the money unless you get it back to stock and keep/sell the parts yourself which is kind of a pita. I had the opportunity to sell my 2019 sport for more than I paid and order a rubi. I am not doing it because I don't want to go through the mods again and I really like my Jeep. I own it though, no payments or anything.

Leasing is such a bad idea anyway on a Wrangler. You might be able to afford the payments now, but overtime you are losing so much money that could be going into 401K or personal investments. If you want a Jeep buy one you can afford, mod it to your taste and enjoy your life. Take advantage of low interest rates, we dont know how long this will last. Save up cash, invest it, and get a cheap loan on a Jeep. You can cash out and pay the Jeep if you want or you can let the money pay for the interest and start paying part of the payments.

But if you are happy leasing and having a new car every 3 years or so is part of your happiness then this isnt any different than spending money on Hobbies. So with that said, if you wanna spend money on bigger tires and think that'll make you enjoy your jeep more for a bit and it is worth the cost to you then do it.

Last edited:

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
I wouldn't spend money on a lease at all. However, you can always buy mods and just remove them before turning the lease back in. It's a matter of what's it worth to you to have your Jeep look the way YOU want for 36 months.

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
Leased my first Wrangler. Did some mods, but pretty minor, all bolt on (Rubi rock rails, KC lights on Mopar bumper brackets, that sorta thing). Plus silly stuff like a Weathertech cargo mat, mag light mount on the seat rails. All will be removed before the lease return. The only “damage” is the part of the bumper inlay I had to cut for the light mounts; $50 from Quadratec bought me another one, no biggie.

And it’s going back to be replaced by my 4xe Rubicon, another lease. A bunch of my mods will be reinstalled on there, the rest will be sold or given away.

I wouldn’t go crazy, but some bolt on mods never hurt anyone.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Snazzy4xe

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
Appreciate all the responses…even the ones that simply said “no”…😂…I’ll probably just stick to the easy mods as suggested by most…anything bolt on so as to easily bring the Jeep back to stock,in the event I turn it back in

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I think a lease makes a ton of sense on the 4Xe. chances are the 4Xe 3 or 4 years from now will be better in terms of hybrid performance and have fresh batteries and warranty.

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
This is my leased Wrangler. To me leasing and financing is the same thing. Leasing just has a few more options and in case of damage to it, I don't own a vehicle with a claim. I would never tie up money in a depreciating asset. As someone else said put it in the investments and "rent" a depreciating asset like a car.

When lease is up I will either, put it back to stock or simply sell it/trade it for above residual. It's already on par with the payout about a year before lease is up, due to strong used car prices in my region.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you spend money on mods on a leased JL? IMG_6621
Jeep Wrangler JL Would you spend money on mods on a leased JL? IMG_6502 (1)

OP
OP
Snazzy4xe

Snazzy4xe

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Sahara 4xe
I think a lease makes a ton of sense on the 4Xe. chances are the 4Xe 3 or 4 years from now will be better in terms of hybrid performance and have fresh batteries and warranty.
That was my mindset leasing the 4xe…actually hoping the all electric version of the wrangler will be available 3 years from now

S2k Chris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AP1 S2000, Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Finance
The leases on the 4xe are bananas inexpensive. If mine is reliable, I’ll probably buy it out at the end.
Sponsored