Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
How about a "Special Edition " Base Camp Sport, manual locks, windows, key start, rubber flooring, no rear seat, vinyl front seats, LSD rear, Big Brakes, priced below $28000, including delivery , currently $1450
I like it!!
Sponsored

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone attempted to replace the push button with the turn key ignition switch? I wonder if it would be difficult to do.

When I took my dash panels off to reroute the wires for the GPS, I noted that it's just a cylinder that houses the ignition button.

So I wonder if one can just replace that little housing box with an ignition switch for a key

trouphaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Wrangler Unlimited
i like the push button start. i wish i had the proximity sensors on the doors too. this key fob sucks. the size is way too large. the share is terrible that it is hard to tell which side is up, so when i first got it i would accidentally press the emergency button rather than the unlock button. and the emergency button is too sensitive. i've set the alarm off just leaning against something too often.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
For those considering placing an order, I LOVE my proximity locks and of course... the keyless/push button start. Very convenient. A very nice option! It's like the Cold Weather option. Heated seats and steering wheel are not a necessity, but man are they nice to have when it's cold outside, right?

maxmxa

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
If they didn't offer it as an option I would get the aftermarket option installed . I will no longer buy a vehicle without keyless entry and push button start.
One nice big plus on the Wrangler is that you have various user selected options in the settings.
I have not seen this much flexibility of options on any other vehicle with keyless/ pushbutton start.

Also, the remote start has a very long range compared to any other car I've had before.

Definitely a must have option.

Sponsored

jdegrave

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Forte, Pathfinder, JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Director Financial Systems Support & Governance
Definite first world problem...

Having had push-button start and keyed ignition I would never go back to the keyed ignition.

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2013 F150 PLatinum 6.2
with Manual locks, yes a regular old style key would be preferred. However, even without proximity, I LOVE the push button start. I actually don't own a JL. (I am hoping to get a JT very soon) I did have a 19 JLU rental for a week last summer and I learned the button layout on the key so I never had to take the key out of my pocket.

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)
Nope, I've never had a car with push button start. My JLR has both push button and proximity locks. I can't imagine going back to old school fob + key now.
I touch the door handle and the door unlock. Great when you have a handful of groceries and didn't plan ahead and grab your fob out of your pocket while picking up your bags of groceries in the checkout.

Also, I love the little push button on the door handles to lock the door. It's especially helpful when I forget to lock the doors, and my fob is in my backpack and I'm heading out for a dirt bike ride or hike, or whatever. Just push the button from the outside and g2g. No more taking my gloves and backpack off unzipping...

HDinkH

First Name
Holly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL 2.0
No on the keyless start I’m good with the button and I don’t have proximity door locks. Sometimes I wish I had proximity door locks and sometimes I’m glad I don’t.
I would never have bought my Jeep if it had proximity locks. Living and working in high-crime DC areas I’m comforted by trying my door to ensure it’s locked before I walk away.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
If they didn't offer it as an option I would get the aftermarket option installed . I will no longer buy a vehicle without keyless entry and push button start.
One nice big plus on the Wrangler is that you have various user selected options in the settings.
I have not seen this much flexibility of options on any other vehicle with keyless/ pushbutton start.

Also, the remote start has a very long range compared to any other car I've had before.

Definitely a must have option.
user options? Settings? Please explain, thanks

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
KISS

Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

Johnbuz

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Tribeca
I wish Jeep would use a system where if you took the fob out of the vehicle, the ignition would go to off, so that you can't accidentally leave it in Run and walk away, especially in the garage. Its ridiculous that you can drive away and leave the fob at home.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
I'm getting used to the fob.
But I would prefer turn key.

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
I would never have bought my Jeep if it had proximity locks. Living and working in high-crime DC areas I’m comforted by trying my door to ensure it’s locked before I walk away.
When I push the button on my door handle (with proximities locks) on my JLRU and all 5 locks engage (it’s a very solid, distinct sound) and the lights flash, there is NO guessing at what just occurred.

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
At first, I was hesitant. But it's so nice now to just grab my backpack or purse and head to the Jeep. I have a soft top so it rarely gets locked anyways:like:
Sponsored