Sponsored

Would you order a new Jeep Now?

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Looks like you already have one? I'd wait!!!

My 06/23 order is supposedly on hold due to LED package.

Stellantis sure doesn't have any problems locating this package for high dollar builds: XEs, Sahara High Altitudes & Rubicon ERs.

Might as well wait for Covid to settle or next generation. For now MSRP looks like the new normal. Unless you travel to the few dealers spread far and wide offering deals.
Yup sometimes u have to travel now. I have been looking at boats for a year. Every dealer I talked to laughed when I asked for a few dollars off. Some dealers even had allocation pulled with thier allocation given to larger dealers. This made a local dealer I had planned on buying from pivot to a new company which I didnā€™t like so I took it to the road. Ended up finding and learning of a boat company I never heard of and finding out thier boats are actually built waaaay better than what I was looking at. The dealer I ended up at 90 mins from my house is a huge huge dealer. No one had boats on thier lots. They have 100 plus with 200 coming from various companies. I ordered what I wanted from them. Didnā€™t ask for anything cause I knew that answer. Got the price from them. It actually had a 1500 discount. I asked if the boat had all I wanted cause of the price. He said yes this is a little something we do for our customers. So there ya go. You just have to take a drive sometimes and it will all work out.

Jim
Sponsored

CrimsonGhost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
Occupation
Systems Engineer
I would order a new Wrangler instantly for wireless Android Auto/CarPlay. Frankly, I feel like with how poorly Android Auto functions with a wired connection on virtually every type of car it should be a free upgrade to any Jeep.

The second they add that feature, I'm in and will buy an electric. It's bonkers that they launched that without it.
I don't get all the people having issues with the Android Auto / Apple Carplay on the UConnect4 7" & 8.4" systems. I have had them in 3 straight WK2s since February 2013 and the only issue I have had was my 2014 had a bad FW update which bricked the unit prior to the OTA updates. It was covered under warranty though. I do wish we had the UConnect5 system like the Rams and the new WL74/75s with the Wireless AA/Carplay.

omega145

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon
Occupation
Engineer
I don't get all the people having issues with the Android Auto / Apple Carplay on the UConnect4 7" & 8.4" systems.
Neither do I. The wired approach works perfectly on my 7" UConnect system. I prefer it over wireless as 1) I don't need to worry about turning bluetooth on my phone (leave it off at work) and 2) I'm also able to charge my phone through the cable.

Sponsored

Eandras

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler unlimited Sport S Black
Looks like you already have one? I'd wait!!!

My 06/23 order is supposedly on hold due to LED package.

Stellantis sure doesn't have any problems locating this package for high dollar builds: XEs, Sahara High Altitudes & Rubicon ERs.

Might as well wait for Covid to settle or next generation. For now MSRP looks like the new normal. Unless you travel to the few dealers spread far and wide offering deals.
Really the LED package. I ordered a Sport S with the LED headlights and tail light package on 7/29/2021 and the Jeep had its build completed on 8/16/2021 with delivery at the Dealership on 9/10/2021. I have not heard of any shortages on LED headlights for the Wranglers.

miweber929

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLU Sport S, ā€˜16 Silverado
^^^^I was just going to say the same thing: itā€™s not the LED lights, ordered 8/10, received it on Monday.

i live in the Minneapolis area (Shorewood)ā€”are you talking about Park Jeep? Iā€™m hoping to order later this fall with a Tread Lightly codeā€¦
Rumor is Tread Lightly discount is done as of 10/1 along with all other discounts. Check with the dealer on that before waiting.

It has to do with buildable units. Order a stripped model, like my Rubicon, it takes no time. Get something constrained, or that is more difficult to obtain, and your wait time is extended.
Thatā€™s not true, though. Plenty of people who ordered stripped models are waiting months and plenty of loaded vehicles are waiting months as well. Plenty of lower trims get their in a month and loaded ones have taken 3 1/2 weeks as well. There really is no rhyme or reason to what gets built quickly and what doesnā€™t.

Itā€™s not the LEDs, not the 3.6 vs. 2.0, itā€™s not safety groups, not floor mats (they simply deleting them now off builds), not the top, not the color; itā€™s not any one thing over another. For the most part your dealer is feeding you BS if thatā€™s what they say because they just donā€™t know either.

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
NO - NOT until they get their paint issues resolved. I would be glad to order and wait if it were only due to chip shortage - providing they had a quality product where paint wouldn't bubble.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I would (am) waiting until late February/March. My hope is they address the paint bubbling issues on the 22's when they retool the line. Someone's ass should be in a sling over that fiasco. Some people are paying 50, 60, 70K for these things. Known bubbling paint is not an acceptable ongoing problem, imo.
They should have addressed it in '19 or '20. Its ludicrous that this has been going on for 4 model years.

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Really the LED package. I ordered a Sport S with the LED headlights and tail light package on 7/29/2021 and the Jeep had its build completed on 8/16/2021 with delivery at the Dealership on 9/10/2021. I have not heard of any shortages on LED headlights for the Wranglers.
Yep, I was in my GMs office when he called his REP...She said LED was holding up my build and asked if I wanted to change it to get my Rubicon faster.

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
You STILL havenā€™t received your Jeep!?! I ordered the exact same day (6/23) and received it end of August. I purchased from high volume dealer just outside Minneapolis, MN. I opted for the LEDā€™s as well, so I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer? Have you contacted Jeep chat regarding delivery ETA? I did that as soon as I received my VIN. And checked in with them a few times throughout the build.
Yep, me and my GM have contacted everyone one from @JeepCares to Stellantis. They won't budge off the 11/08 build date. They won't even promise me that. All I can say is that Jeep hates me for some reason. They screwed me on my old JK build also. Looks like divorce time in a few years if the Ford Bronco isn't a mechanical disaster. I'm really getting sick and tired of Jeep BS.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
My uncle just ordered the 392 a few weeks ago. He used to own a built up JK so heā€™s pretty excited to go off-roading together again. Though heā€™s not the impatient type. The long wait periods are definitely not for everyone.

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
Iā€™d Rather Talk Jeepā€™s!
i live in the Minneapolis area (Shorewood)ā€”are you talking about Park Jeep? Iā€™m hoping to order later this fall with a Tread Lightly codeā€¦
Yes exactly, Park Jeep! I worked with Cam and he was the best salesperson Iā€™ve ever had! If you decide to work with him let him know Jason from Duluth suggested him as I told him Iā€™d tell everyone about my great experience I had. :)

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
No, I would wait a few weeks for the 22's to open up and then order a new Jeep
IF it weren't for us wanting Tuscadero, we would do this.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
The only Jeep I'd order now would be the all-new 2022 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk that Jeep just revealed.

It will come with a swaybar disconnect, rear LSD, available 3.6 V6, 5.7 HEMI and 4Xe good for an incredible 57 MPGe, an amazing interior, an improved air suspension, all for about the same amount of money as a well-equipped Wrangler.

However, an atrocious local dealer makes buying another Jeep a non-starter.

Sponsored