First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
It has to do with buildable units. Order a stripped model, like my Rubicon, it takes no time. Get something constrained, or that is more difficult to obtain, and your wait time is extended.
Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
I'm just waiting to see what the new colors are. Then I'll pick one or the other.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Dealer said “ EXPECT PRICE INCREASE “ wait to see changes? What If you DON’T LIKE the changes and it’s too late to order a 21 ? If you can order exactly what you want now do it!

Sponsored

CJ SCION

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUD Hardtop, 2016 JK 2-door Ragtop
Occupation
Tired Again
Dealer said “ EXPECT PRICE INCREASE “ wait to see changes? What If you DON’T LIKE the changes and it’s too late to order a 21 ? If you can order exactly what you want now do it!
I would order now if considering. My order of a 4xe placed September 3 was built September 25, and it had a $500 price increase from 3 items. Stellantis is going gonzo with greed. Somehow Jeep Wranglers are rolling out like crazy at this very moment. Chips, bet ya can't eat just one.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
I would order now if considering. My order of a 4xe placed September 3 was built September 25, and it had a $500 price increase from 3 items. Stellantis is going gonzo with greed. Somehow Jeep Wranglers are rolling out like crazy at this very moment. Chips, bet ya can't eat just one.
Mine went up $695 between ordering and delivery. Good dealer didn’t charge the increase

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
Looks like you already have one? I'd wait!!!

My 06/23 order is supposedly on hold due to LED package.

Stellantis sure doesn't have any problems locating this package for high dollar builds: XEs, Sahara High Altitudes & Rubicon ERs.

Might as well wait for Covid to settle or next generation. For now MSRP looks like the new normal. Unless you travel to the few dealers spread far and wide offering deals.
You STILL haven’t received your Jeep!?! I ordered the exact same day (6/23) and received it end of August. I purchased from high volume dealer just outside Minneapolis, MN. I opted for the LED’s as well, so I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer? Have you contacted Jeep chat regarding delivery ETA? I did that as soon as I received my VIN. And checked in with them a few times throughout the build.

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
I would (am) waiting until late February/March. My hope is they address the paint bubbling issues on the 22's when they retool the line. Someone's ass should be in a sling over that fiasco. Some people are paying 50, 60, 70K for these things. Known bubbling paint is not an acceptable ongoing problem, imo.

jadewolf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport (sold), 2021 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Order it. Life is too short to wait. Plus, I don't anticipate the global supply chain problems are going to resolve for at least another couple years. Order now, maybe suffer through a couple months wait, and then drive off happy in your perfect Jeep!

Sponsored

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic SI / Hyundai Tuscon
I know it has been mentioned on the forum before, but does anyone have any updated information as to when the 2022 “Build and Price” will go live? I decided to wait for the 2022’s to place my order even though a dealer told me to expect a price increase.
Price increase and no discounts.
I’m hearing second week of Oct.

sdebol

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara
You STILL haven’t received your Jeep!?! I ordered the exact same day (6/23) and received it end of August. I purchased from high volume dealer just outside Minneapolis, MN. I opted for the LED’s as well, so I wonder if it has anything to do with your dealer? Have you contacted Jeep chat regarding delivery ETA? I did that as soon as I received my VIN. And checked in with them a few times throughout the build.
i live in the Minneapolis area (Shorewood)—are you talking about Park Jeep? I’m hoping to order later this fall with a Tread Lightly code…

FinanciallyRuined

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
i live in the Minneapolis area (Shorewood)—are you talking about Park Jeep? I’m hoping to order later this fall with a Tread Lightly code…
Good luck. I’ve heard all FCA discounts are being discontinued on 10/1, including tread lightly.

iwishiwereadinosaur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Liberty
I would order a new Wrangler instantly for wireless Android Auto/CarPlay. Frankly, I feel like with how poorly Android Auto functions with a wired connection on virtually every type of car it should be a free upgrade to any Jeep.

The second they add that feature, I'm in and will buy an electric. It's bonkers that they launched that without it.

ajkitebrder40

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR, Hydro Blue
It looks like you have a ton of opinions, so here's mine. I went ahead and ordered (9/20) for the following reasons:

1. My '07 JKU is starting to show more issues.
2. I'm not sure about anything that will change on the '22, except the price, I feel with a fair amount of confidence it will go up.
3. They had the color I wanted, why wait?

Far as part shortages, it's a 1 or 0, the chip is either available and it works or it doesn't. It's not like they are short a Blind Spot chip so they throw in something that kinda works......so I wouldn't sweat that.

Last - with respect to discount. I ordered the '07 JKU in '06 and used these forums to get roughly 5% below invoice at the time, something like $23,500. I used these same forums to get 8% below invoice this time around, now naturally that invoice price has gone up, but the discount is still there for the high volume dealers. You just have to put in the work to go out and get the price, why pay MSRP?
Sponsored