Sponsored

Would you Jeep with no a/c?!

Deleted member 59498

I didn't even know you could get one without AC. Special order maybe that didn't go through?
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Adding AC is no longer an option in JLs, so why take the risk.
AC remains optional on the JLs.

I just visited the Build a Wrangler webpage. Under "Climate Control Systems", the $0 AC Bypass is displayed as standard. Adding Air Conditioning to the vehicle config will cost $1,295.00.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
While sitting drenched in sweat, sealed up in my no ac TJ during a massive downpour on very hot day, I decided even Wranglers need ac.

JLBoucher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2DR Willys 6MT
I'm pretty sure it's harder to find a 2DR without A/C than one with A/C anyway. Honestly, it's such a small price for such a convenient feature. You'll want your A/C more often than you think.

I live in Quebec and I wouldn't buy it without A/C. I can only imagine how hot it can be in SoCal.

Sanchese

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Rubicon, 2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon on Order
This is a depends kind of question for me.
With the top off and the wind blowing.
Who needs A/C?
If on the other hand i have my hard top on then I definately need it.

Sponsored

OllieChristopher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 GMC 2WD Sierra, 4.3, NV3500, 3:73/TruTrac
702 heat related deaths per year in the US, 1500 hypothermia deaths. Almost none on either side would have died if properly clothed and hydrated, but heat stroke is real. Especially wheeling at lower speeds in the summer months at temps well above 100°.
Heat related deaths are from not being hydrated or covered. Hypothermia makes no difference what you do. You can be bundled up in $1000.00 worth of gear and still die. Just ask any hiker who has lost limbs and lived to tell about it.

I can wear 50.00 worth of cheap long sleeves and a hat and drink water with no fear of a heat stroke.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
AC remains optional on the JLs.

I just visited the Build a Wrangler webpage. Under "Climate Control Systems", the $0 AC Bypass is displayed as standard. Adding Air Conditioning to the vehicle config will cost $1,295.00.
I should have been more clear, adding AC as an aftermarket option, after the sale with no AC

dr.dirty

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ecodiesel Sport
AC is over rated. I have owned my JK since 2007 and i have used the AC once. Id rather have the half doors and top off. If its not a daily driver AC wouldnt steer me away. Ones less Item to break. I live in SOCAL and its not bad out on the trails when it hot if you have some overhead cover.

_nc_ohc=PkYKPzNGoAAAX_nJ1uL&_nc_ht=scontent-sjc3-1.jpg

SilverBackJLCA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe, 2006 Jeep LJ
Back home in NJ, we retro fitted AC on my dad's CJ, there is no way you can do no AC in NJ, the summers are disgusting, crazy humid.

My LJ here in CA, I am in the tri-valley, so triple digits is normal, but I never get uncomfortable, never turned on the AC out here, its hot and dry. Best feeling is after getting out of the pool and cruising through the mountains with the top off, feels great.

In my JL, for some reason it absorbs 10 times the heat of my LJ, I do not know why, but I will put it on, usually on my way back home from work and thats because I am usually layered up for the cold mornings and I do not feel like stripping before I get in the Jeep, just want to hop in and go.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
If you off road with others and are not first in a line of jeepers the dust can get rough. AC makes the experience so much better. I also appreciate being comfortable when the weather is hot or humid…or both. Driving on the highway at 75 mph with the windows down is fine for a few minutes but very tiring after multiple hours even if the temperature is decent. If it’s hot, it can become miserable. If I want to be in the elements I have a motorcycle…and it does great off-road…. (KTM 500 EXCF)

Sponsored

five9dak

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bikini '20 JL Freedom, '99 Dakota R/T, '97 Boxster
Even in my TJ which I kept doorless most of the year, I used the AC all summer.

In the JL with its all black or mostly black interior and usually black top, AC is a no brainer.
Sponsored