Sponsored

Would you get the the rock-trac t-case for your rubicon if you could do it all over again?

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
All y’all that don’t like the auto 4wd due to possibility of clutches wearing out must have declined the limited slip rear axle as well, right? And the manual transmission too, right?
Lol, yes I declined the LSD, because it is hot garbage. No I didn’t decline the manual transmission, because replacing a clutch is not the same thing as having a wear item inside the transfer case.
Sponsored

IdahoJOAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURe Tuscadero, Black '05 Silverado
Vehicle Showcase
I used the 4Auto in my 04 and 09 Avalanche in the snow. The 04 when we were coming home for xmas from Tacoma to Boise, and there were skiffs of snow on the freeway. Popped it in 4Auto and cruised at 60 mph.

In the 09 it was all over the valley during the winter. It was great.

That said, while it would be nice for snow driving in Kailani, we adjust our driving and if we need to use 4Hi, we will.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Driving fast in inclement weather in a top-heavy rig is just plain stupid. Your fancy auto 4wd doesn’t stop any better, in fact it’s much worse. I’d much rather drive my Honda Civic in ice/snow than my wrangler. To each his own I suppose.

OP
OP
Caveman044

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
This doesn't answer any questions, but it does confirm a couple of things. T-case discussion starts at 4:00.
Sponsored