Sponsored

Would you duck me? I'd duck me...

CharlieVictor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper, 4XE, Tacoma
Speaking as a newbe to the Jeep world who has read some of the angry diatribes against ducks, I limit my duck giving to Jeeps that appear like they have owners who will appreciate the gesture. This tends to be clean Jeeps with standard tires. In general, this seems to be mostly ladies; in my experience guys are more likely to go ballistic about someone touching their Jeep. Ducks on the dash or child seat in the back are a plus; big tires and/or lift or angry grille are automatically out. I do check for a no-duck sticker, and only place on the driver's door handle since that's the least contact with the paint. I don't promote the social media thing, so there's no note except for a hand-written "Nice Jeep!" or something similar on the base of the duck.

I've only once seen the "finding" of the duck, and it was all that could be hoped for: I left a red duck on a spotless red 2-door JL Rubicon with matching fender flares and hardtop. As I was getting into my car, I saw a lady walking out. She saw the duck and ecstatically grabbed her phone for a photo. Absolutely made her day. Mission accomplished - that's why we duck!

Re-reading what I just wrote, I probably wouldn't duck the OP's Jeeps either. The JL with "Wanker" on the hood, while humorous, is clearly a guy's Jeep, and appears not likely to appreciate the gesture. The Gladiator, while a good looking rig, is an automatic no for me because it also doesn't look like it belongs to someone who would appreciate somebody placing a duck on their Jeep. One or more ducks on the dash would change my position though, and I would go through the big bag-o-ducks to find one that looks appropriate for the Jeep being ducked. So to the OP, I'd say that if you want to be ducked, may I suggest the strategic use of decoys?
Sponsored

The White Rabbit

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jeep Mojave JT
Wife's 2018 JLU Sahara got ducked again, at least her 6th ducking. I drive a 2021 Willys 2 door and a 2020 Gladiator Rubicon and nobody ducks me.

I suppose I could buy some ducks and duck myself but that will feel hollow, like self pleasure can do sometimes.

I don't mind the wife getting hers, but am I so hideous that nobody would duck me? Tell me the truth, I can take it.

IMG_6069.jpg

20210905_133344.jpg

20210718_175125.jpg

20210902_200802.jpg
Love the trailer. Custom?

Sontavaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Lj - sold-cause im an idiot. 2019 blue rubi ordered and received. I need my LJ back.
Occupation
Repressor of civil rights
I got ducked in the walgreens parking lot the other day, my first ducking! I was laughing and made jokes about it somebody ducking me in my Jeep and the wife got all angry and jealous like when a pretty woman says hi to me! How odd…..

Sponsored

Strikeeagle345

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Hydro Blue JLU Willys 2.0T
Had the Jeep for just under 2 weeks. Went to the grocery store and a beautiful white JLU Sahara was there. Nice lady walked up to it, we exchanged pleasantries, "nice jeep" and the like. I came back out and she had ducked me good. It was my first ducking, but it put a good size smile on my face. I'll always remember her as my first.
Jeep Wrangler JL Would you duck me? I'd duck me... PXL_20220729_000905692

2manyhobbies

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 Rubicon XR
I got ducked a couple of weeks back. It was only my second. Coming out of Sam’s Club earlier this week, and a sting gray 4xe was parked nose to nose with me. I passed on my duck to that clean ride. It felt good to get one - even better to give one.

BillyBaroo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
The only time my Jeep was ducked was when my wife drove it to her volunteer job at t the hospital. Go figure.

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Never been ducked either in all these years. Fast forward to my last trip away from home a couple weeks ago. Wife had the jeep and I had stolen her car for my longish trip away. Come home and she had been ducked in a target parking lot. The old wife getting ducked while husband is away on business. Now the boys expect to see the duck on every jeep occasion so there is no getting rid of it.

Then yesterday, same target, someone popped my cherry and left a little duck and a nice hand-written note. Kind of thoughtful actually and I appreciated the gesture.

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
Did a drive-by ducking the other day while stopped at a red light next to another topless two door. I tossed a duck into her passenger seat and said nice Jeep! She smiled, yelled thanks, and pulled up her shirt and flashed me before turning left when the light changed. Was well-rewarded for the effort!

Is this / could be a thing? 🤔

Last edited:

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
Did a drive-by ducking the other day while stopped at a red light next to another topless two door. I tossed a duck into her passenger seat and said nice Jeep! She smiled, yelled thanks, and pulled up her shirt and flashed me before turning left when the light changed. Was well-rewarded for the effort!

Is this / could be a thing? 🤔
of all the things that never happened, this never happened the most

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Swear it did. Really. (More details in Jeep Humor Waiting Room thread if you really care…)
What page are you on? To many pages. lol Jeep Humor Waiting Room thread
Sponsored