Would you duck me? I'd duck me...

Jwb211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
I‘ve been driving my Jeep daily for over a year and for the first time, found this today. It says to post on social media. This forum is the closest I get to social media so here it is. Now what………
761C4018-6A7B-46BA-B41D-64C04FDC9078.jpeg
Looks like it hung itself and left a suicide note. 😂

I got ducked in a Walmart parking lot Saturday. Ive driven Jeeps for almost 20 years and that’s the first time. I don’t really understand the whole thing and it seems goofy but whatever. If it makes people happy then have at it.

EEA78F0F-DB8A-467B-A025-4F2F9220919B.jpeg

OP
OP
Donkey Fluffer

Donkey Fluffer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU
I‘ve been driving my Jeep daily for over a year and for the first time, found this today. It says to post on social media. This forum is the closest I get to social media so here it is. Now what………
I've heard of choking your chicken, but mauling your mallard is new to me. Be gentle.

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
When we got in our Gladiator Sunday we noticed a Jeep Cherokee next to ours that had a duck. The guy asked us if we ducked his Jeep. We didn't. He said he used to get ducked all the time in his Wrangler but sold it. He handed my wife the duck and said " You've been ducked" Actually only my second first was handed to me in the dentist office so I'm not sure that really counts. Wife said she was keeping it for her 4xe when its delivered since the duck was pink. I'm not really into ducking but its cheap harmless fun if someone gets a kick out of it. I will still with the Jeep ' Wave" and talking to others Jeepers.

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Nice, get you a keyhole cover and hide that chrome.

20211120_221225.jpg

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
looks like someone hung that poor duck and tried to make it look like a suicide.

and <gasp!> Social Media.
oh, the horror!

RugbyRef

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL 392
The origin of the "duck" phenomenon -

"Allison Parliament didn’t set out to become an internationally known Jeep celebrity. But that’s exactly what happened after a terrible road trip from the southern United States to her native Canada during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic. A dual citizen of both Canada and the United States, Allison decided to travel from her home in Clanton, Alabama to visit family and friends in Ontario.
She never expected the welcome she got when she stopped for gas in a small Canadian town. As she was getting ready to fuel her pride and joy, a 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara she’d just bought, she suddenly found herself in the middle of an angry encounter.
“A guy approached, told me I was a dirty American spreading Covid and just wanted to hurt people,” Allison said. The man even shoved her into her Jeep. “It scared the crap out of me.”
Allison quickly decided to get gas elsewhere and left town as fast as she could. She called a friend. “Is this what it’s gonna be like all the way home?” Arriving at her destination, she found herself so upset, she didn’t even want to leave the house. But her friend eventually convinced her to keep going, heading farther north to her family’s home. For a parting gift to her supportive friend, she popped into a local shop and bought a bag of rubber ducks to hide around his house as a joke before she left.

A Single Duck Changes the World
That seemingly random sequence of events led directly to a worldwide cultural phenomenon that shows no signs of slowing down. As Allison left the store, she noticed a Jeep in the parking lot. On a lark, she wrote “nice jeep” on one of the ducks, and put it on the stranger’s vehicle. The owner noticed.
“(He) came out and laughed. Said, ‘You need to put this on social media.’” So she did. “We figured it would go around town, make a few people happy, and then die out,” Allison said. Not even close. Almost overnight, her spur-of-the-moment gag skyrocketed. Within just a couple of weeks, Allison had 10,000 followers on Facebook.
A Jeep Duck Explosion
Suddenly, Jeep ducking was everywhere. Little rubber ducks started popping up on Wranglers, Liberties, and Cherokees in Canada, the US, and Mexico. Then Allison saw a photo of a Jeep duck in Germany. Another in Japan. In under a year, the Duck Duck Jeep game had spread to 30 countries.
Now, the group is closing in on 62,000 people, and it’s adding more by the minute. More than 800 joined in a week. Jeep itself even took notice. The release announcement for the company’s new Wrangler Rubicon included a hashtag highlighting Jeep Ducking. The company has even given Allison’s Jeep Ducking group official recognition as the official Ducking group for Jeep.
Before Allison knew it, the Jeep ducks were everywhere. Photos poured into her Instagram and Facebook pages. Other people’s Jeeps. Her Jeep. Ducks on hoods. Ducks on door handles…"

Cheers!

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

CDRMidnight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I’m in ocean county.. maybe it’s a jersey shore thing..
It’s not a thing apparently in Honolulu County, either… Which is odd given the number of Jeeps out here in the Aloha State.

Cheers,
-CM-

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S (on order), 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
He handed my wife the duck and said " You've been ducked" Actually only my second first was handed to me in the dentist office so I'm not sure that really counts. Wife said she was keeping it for her 4xe when its delivered since the duck was pink.
Jeebus! Another man ducks your wife right in front of you and you’re okay with that??? :)

Broncosfan

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator 1992 Jeep Cherokee
Jeebus! Another man ducks your wife right in front of you and you’re okay with that??? :)
Sure not like I can control who "Ducks" or who doesn't. He handed it to my wife becasue she was on the side closest to his Jeep. I really think he thought we ducked him first. Although if I did duck Jeeps which I don't I wouldn't duck any except Wranglers and Gladiators. Definitely wouldn't have "Ducked" his Jeep to begin with.

Kimmi

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Cadillac ATS, 2021 Jeep Wrangler (maybe)
I got ducked in the supermarket parking lot yesterday. Guy knocked on my window right as I was about to pull out and scared the crap out of me.

Nice guy though. Now what do I do with this freaking thing?
I was just ducked again today…. 3 times just this week! I have my little duck family that rides around with me.

8427DCF8-7217-4416-8BBF-6F67AB1E3FA2.jpeg

Buckster

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 billet silver JLUR '16 Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Power Generation
Vehicle Showcase
Sure not like I can control who "Ducks" or who doesn't. He handed it to my wife becasue she was on the side closest to his Jeep. I really think he thought we ducked him first. Although if I did duck Jeeps which I don't I wouldn't duck any except Wranglers and Gladiators. Definitely wouldn't have "Ducked" his Jeep to begin with.
ummmm....humor?!?

Freeland Jeep