Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
The mark up on the warranty's are unreal. Maybe try charging a fair price....
Yep, they are expensive, and I am still smarting on the JL warranty. Hoever, the lifetime powertrain warranty on my JK was an incentive, so I made out very well on that one. I was especially surprised when they gave me a loaner vehicle for the 3 days it took them to swap the transmissions on the old Jeep.

The risk is really in how long you will keep the Jeep. My intent is to keep it for at least 15 years. The JK is now 12 years old, looking good, driving well, and going strong.
Sponsored

Patsloft

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Clubs

Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
Yes

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
Yes. I would DEFINITELY purchase it!

Sponsored

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It depends on how much “a little more” would be. I paid $2,850 for my lifetime maxcare plan ($100 deductible) last year which is basically what the 7-year/unlimited costs now.

The cost had steadily rose over the years as they used to be had for $2100-2200 when they first came out.

The devil’s in the details.
I agree that it depends how they would modify the plan. I.E. removing the 2” lift clause and saying any lift voids it.

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
The question should be asked to @Chrysler-Factory-Warranty , "If your customers buy the lifetime maxcare warranty, will you actually fix their vehicles and not try and screw them every chance you get?"

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
I would personally like if the vehicle was manufactured with proper quality control and there was no need to buy an extended warranty to drive it over 100,000 miles. You know? like Toyotas?

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2011 JK 1946CJ2-A
I had it on my JKU. The only issue with that one was someone rear ended my son and totaled the Jeep... Not FCA's fault. I was planing on keeping that until I was dead...... I bought it on my JLUR, it was more expensive, and probably wouldn't have bought it but it more than paid for it self on the JKU...

Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Doesn't matter to me now unless they gave me a full credit towards the 7 year I already bought

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
Honestly, there is so much flux in the market with ICE, hybrid, EVs, (regulations) - that any vehicle now is facing obsolescence issues rather than something catastrophic in a 10 year window. At some point the ICE vehicles will be essentially impossible to buy or own, except at perhaps the 10k and up GVWR level. I plan for a 7-9 year outlook per new car now.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
It depends. What will it cover. Is it bumper to bumper with the mopar lift covered?

For the diesel. Absolutely. If it covers the DPF and other systems then yes. I’d buy it.

for the hybrid or even BSG yes if it covers all the electrical.
For the 3.6... prob not as I see that as a stepping stone to the more electrified future. 7 years would be plenty on that one.

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
The problem is FCA owns Jeep and MOPAR. But it is far from operated as a seamless single entity.

You can buy a MOPAR warranty and it is likely the Jeep dealership has no clue it exists or what it covers. You will end up fighting to get anything done under it.

I have no idea why FCA continues to make such a mess and not able to integrate this all into a single corporate footprint. The fact I have to have 5 different web accounts for one vehicle is case in point.

I really wish Jeep somehow becomes independent again or bought out by some other company that actually had their head out of their a$$.
With my experience of 18 years in the business, I know If you have a Mopar Warranty it will show up to the dealer before you even mention it. It shows up just like your original factory warranty would to the Dealership. I am not trying to discount what you are saying but this surely sounds like a dealership problem and not the Warranty.

I do appreciate the feedback on this subject.
Sponsored