Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, Fotmerly owned 1998 Wrangler
What are your sources for these rumors? Are you affiliated with fca or are all our request for the lifetime option going unheard?

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
He’s a forum sponsor who sells extended service contracts.

Obviously he is associated with FCA to be able to sell them, but doesn’t work for them.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
Here's the million dollar question... Would it be available to the masses that missed out on the warranty and already own a vehicle?

Sponsored

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
I wish they would bring it back. I bought it for my 2014 Ram and 2018 Durango. My Ram is currently at the dealer getting a new ring and pinion, clockspring, blower motor, homelink buttons, shocks, control arms, and 4 CEL codes addressed. They charge me $100 whether it was 1 problem or all of these so I let this build up. All of this work would easily pay for the warranty and I am only at 125k miles. I plan on keeping this truck forever. The only negative was the 2 weeks to get an inspector to look it over and approve the repairs due to the large bill.

Also you don't have to buy the warranty from the dealer you bought the vehicle from. The Ram I spent around $3600 not knowing I could shop it. The Durango warranty I bought from dealer in another state for around $2400 all over email and a phone call.

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
THa
Whoa, try the "edit" option here, " herd" and "roomers " made me snort my coffee...
Thanks for the reply, I am not in any way trying to contribute to the abuse of caffeine products!
:headbang::headbang:

jack0351

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2013 Ram 3500, 2000 HD FXST,
I received my Jeep on 10/21/2019. Opted for the Extended Warranty (7yr/Unlimited miles) from a different dealership as I could save nearly a thousand dollars on it. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I worry with how much stuff gets interconnected to the UConnect. The Wrangler has more "hard" buttons to do things than my Ram does, but I still worry that if the UConnect breaks, I'm going to be stuck with a paperweight.

Cthehentz

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I received my Jeep on 10/21/2019. Opted for the Extended Warranty (7yr/Unlimited miles) from a different dealership as I could save nearly a thousand dollars on it. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, I worry with how much stuff gets interconnected to the UConnect. The Wrangler has more "hard" buttons to do things than my Ram does, but I still worry that if the UConnect breaks, I'm going to be stuck with a paperweight.
This was the very reason I bought extended warranty. Peace of mind and basically I don't want to deal with problems that may pop up down the road.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
A warranty is a form of insurance and the sum of premiums are more valuable than the sum of claims or the company would be out of business. Remember this.

For a few, their claims exceed the premium and they receive value from the warranty. This is a very small fraction. For many their claims are less than premiums and they lose value possibly with the exception of piece-of-mind. But piece-of-mind can be achieved another way. Most would be better off putting that premium in an investment in the event they have a repair that would have been covered in the future after the base warranty expires. This is a form of self insurance.

A quick search on here turns up this;

Mopar Max Care $100 deductible lifetime unlimited mileage extended service contract is $2745, (MSRP is $4045)

Rather than buy the Mopar Max Care for $2745 invest it. If we use the long-term growth rate of the S&P500 the initial $2745 compounds at 10% per year and would be worth a little more than $3600 before the base 3-year warranty expires and you'd actually use it. At year 10 the $2745 would be worth a little more than $7K if invested. At year 15 the $2745 would be worth a little more than $11K if invested.

Do you expect to have at least $7K of covered claims between years 3 and 10? Or $11K between years 3 and 15?
Remember covered repairs in years 1 - 3 are not covered by the extended warranty. They are covered by the base warranty that was included with your purchase.

When you look at it this way the covered repairs in the distant future actually cost you more than if you'd have paid out of pocket. You just don't connect the dots because you paid for them many many years ago and still view the expense as the $2745 you paid and forget to add the opportunity cost of investment growth that you gave to FCA. FCA thanks you!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Investments are a Sine Wave, 10% ? Plus, costs associated with buying, trades, taxes.
The Warranty is a better gamble than the stock market. Warranty is transferable, and if not used, refundable...

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Investments are a Sine Wave, 10% ? Plus, costs associated with buying, trades, taxes.
The Warranty is a better gamble than the stock market. Warranty is transferable, and if not used, refundable...
This totally makes sense. You're right. I hear it on TV all the time.
:like:

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
A warranty is a form of insurance and the sum of premiums are more valuable than the sum of claims or the company would be out of business. Remember this.

For a few, their claims exceed the premium and they receive value from the warranty. This is a very small fraction. For many their claims are less than premiums and they lose value possibly with the exception of piece-of-mind. But piece-of-mind can be achieved another way. Most would be better off putting that premium in an investment in the event they have a repair that would have been covered in the future after the base warranty expires. This is a form of self insurance.

A quick search on here turns up this;

Mopar Max Care $100 deductible lifetime unlimited mileage extended service contract is $2745, (MSRP is $4045)

Rather than buy the Mopar Max Care for $2745 invest it. If we use the long-term growth rate of the S&P500 the initial $2745 compounds at 10% per year and would be worth a little more than $3600 before the base 3-year warranty expires and you'd actually use it. At year 10 the $2745 would be worth a little more than $7K if invested. At year 15 the $2745 would be worth a little more than $11K if invested.

Do you expect to have at least $7K of covered claims between years 3 and 10? Or $11K between years 3 and 15?
Remember covered repairs in years 1 - 3 are not covered by the extended warranty. They are covered by the base warranty that was included with your purchase.

When you look at it this way the covered repairs in the distant future actually cost you more than if you'd have paid out of pocket. You just don't connect the dots because you paid for them many many years ago and still view the expense as the $2745 you paid and forget to add the opportunity cost of investment growth that you gave to FCA. FCA thanks you!
Whoa take it easy Cliff Clavin

Traveler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Hella Yella, 2011 JK, 1997 TJ Sport, 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland
Sorry in advance for the long post....

The only reason I am not selling my 2018 JLUR and purchasing a 2021 JLUR (with the crazy values the JLUR currently has) is BECAUSE I have the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. I purchased the warranty one month before they discontinued the product and I would not be able to purchase it with a new JLUR.

I have the Lifetime MaxCare warranty on my 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland and it has paid for itself two-three times over at this point and I still plan on driving it for quite awhile (177K miles and counting). Just last week I picked it up after they replaced the driver side rear suspension airbag, replaced the transmission mount, and replaced a front suspension bracket. In the past, I have had the rack and pinion completely replaced, the rear suspension completely replaced, along with a ton of minor annoyances that I pile onto the $100 deductible whenever there is something overtly wrong with GC.

With both of these examples; the 2011 Grand Cherokee and the 2018 JLUR were both completely new models with a ton of changes from the prior models and the introduction of a LOT of technology on the respective platforms. I plan on keeping both of these vehicles in the family for a LONG, LONG time and the peace of mind knowing things like my self-leveling headlights and full automatic air suspension will be covered in the long haul is worth it.

That all said, I will tell you I have had to fight Mopar a number of times to get things covered under the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. In these disagreements, I have had to escalate outside of the standard Mopar Warranty team and FCA / Stellantis have done right by me, I just wish it wouldn't have to go to that level. My latest example would be over the front sway bar on the GC. The bushings were bad and since they are integrated into the swaybar, the whole thing needed to be replaced. Mopar would not cover stating "wear and tear". After arguing for a few months, I went above them and got it taken care of.

So, YES!!! bring back the MaxCare and I will order a new JLUR the next day!
Sponsored