Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv18jl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
yea it was their "2 yr service contract" so I 'm like yea ok thats not bad for 2 yrs of service. Then I saw the paperwork and it only covered 3 oil changes. It took me 2 months to get my money back AND then it was used to make a payment by ALLY. so I am still paying interest on that 1400. FCA allows the dealer to set whatever price they want on the warranty and service contracts. I will never again buy anything from a dealer!
Damn

What dealership?
Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've bought a lot of cars over 4 decades and only one extended warranty (never used). None of those vehicle's extended warranties would have paid for themselves. Extended warranties are just insurance so it's up to the consumer to decide what risk you're willing to accept. Do you buy the $20 warranty at Best Buy for a $100 item? Granted I've had two terrible vehicles that I sold when the warranties expired but even with an extended warranty I would not have kept them due to reliability issues. The sad part is how the dealership finance guy spends more time pushing warranty details/options than the time the sales guy spends telling you about the vehicle.

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I would not be interested. Too many bad experiences with warranties in general but Jeep would not replace a faulty airbag on my previous Jeep ( said it was related to aftermarket stereo install) . There was NO way the stereo install caused the problem, this was a factory wire that was improperly routed and could not have been re routed with the stereo install. I ended up fixing the problem myself.

Same dealership- my friend has a lifted Jeep JK and the driveshaft keeps going out (because it is too short for the lift) dealership keeps replacing the driveshaft at no charge (3 times so far).
In this case they should have replaced my airbag and denied his claim... ( he was expecting them to deny it).
So this is why I have little faith in most warranties

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Hate to hear this, Thank you for the feed back.

Sponsored

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
Well, here's how I see it. My '18 JLU will be 3 years next February, so I'm gonna take this year to really assess whether or not I wanna go the distance with this thing. If I get through this year once again without any major issues, I can see myself sticking with it for a good long while (my dad's had his grand Cherokee for 9 years without a hitch...man that would be nice). I'll have the loan paid off and all that, so I would seriously consider a lifetime warranty at that point. I would wager a lot of us early adopters will be in the same situation come January/February next.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I'll probably get an extended warranty just before my 3/36 runs out . By then, I'll know whether I want to trade or keep, and I expect competition to improve warranty offers.
Same plan here. Waiting to see if any problems pop up on my 20 JLUR and how my dealer handles it.

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
I would love to get the lifetime warranty. I seems like a great deal. Please bring it back.
This is great feedback, With continued interest like this hopefully the higher up will listen.

:):)

Sponsored

RastaPasta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
How much does the 7 year / unlimited miles cost? I upped my powertrain to 100k miles when I bought it, but with the amount of driving I do, I'll have that knocked out in the first 3-4 years easily. 7yr/unlimited is interesting.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Nope, from a dealer I buy the minimum I have to so that I can leave their lot in a new vehicle. I bought the Jeep and all the rest they can keep.

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
How much does the 7 year / unlimited miles cost? I upped my powertrain to 100k miles when I bought it, but with the amount of driving I do, I'll have that knocked out in the first 3-4 years easily. 7yr/unlimited is interesting.
Did FCA give you an official reason on why they decided to drop the lifetime option?
Sorry for the extremely long delay. FCA gave no reason, I have herd some strong roomers that it may come back but nothing for certain yet.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Sorry for the extremely long delay. FCA gave no reason, I have herd some strong roomers that it may come back but nothing for certain yet.
Whoa, try the "edit" option here, " herd" and "roomers " made me snort my coffee...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.