Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocTwinkie

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6m, 2019 Acura RDX Adv.
Occupation
Doc... Duh.
It is super ironic that literally the biggest reason people buy a Jeep is to modify it and off road it. Those are the two most heavily advertised features of the vehicle. Though if you do either you risk voiding you’re warranty. Lol.

I get Jeep is cautious about aftermarket mods, but then again if you’re selling a 50k+ car with this feature in mind but not supporting it that kinda sucks.

Mopar mods just aren’t the best you can buy. There are better lifts, bumpers, and skid systems out there and for tons less. So yeah. If I’m buying a warranty that I may never use and there’s a list if things not covered and the things that are are void because I have a lift they didn’t gouge me for... naa. Let’s also not forget that Jeep absolutely does the math here. They aren’t going to sell a warranty that they know will pay for itself in the majority of owners. That’s bad business. They are gambling on the large scale where they know the failure rate of each component covered, the percent of covered items they will void based on lifts, and how much they will pay out.

The money paid on warranties will exceed the money paid out for fixes on a large scale. That’s just how it works.
Sponsored

GregMG79

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 6spd
Occupation
Construction Manager
Mopar Vehicle Protection offers lift kit protection as of April 2nd 2019.
I attached a PDF that explains what types of lifts it covers.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sam Combs

855-730-1290
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
what about those of us who got the mopar max care lifetime warranty before it was discontinued. Are we included in the mopar lift inclusion with our warranties?

OP
OP
Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
We have been contemplating a future JL purchase. Should we do so it is unlikely to get many mods beyond those required to make it towable behind our motorhome. I'd be very interested in a "lifetime" warranty if offered at a reasonable price, without unreasonable exclusions.
Great vehicle for a tow-behind, Thank you for your feedback :)

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Sam, I'm on two other forums, Corvette and Mustang. Threads about extended warranties tend to mirror a political discussion with mere opinions with no basis, to questions that have no answers, to downright hateful comments. So, you're quite brave to even bring this up. Basically the discussions drill down to if you buy an extended warranty you're stupid, or no no no if you don't buy one you're stupid. My opinion is if you want an extended warranty by all means buy one, if you don't then don't. Your money, your choice. I usually by a premium plan extended warranty (for my own peace of mind) that mirrors the bumper to bumper factory warranty, i.e. 5yr/60K as I normally don't keep a vehicle much longer than that. That is what I did for my new JL, and it was very reasonably priced. So, the lifetime warranty wouldn't be something I would consider, but I do see the value in it for those that plan on keeping their Jeeps for a long long time. And, from being on this forum for awhile it appears that experienced die hard Jeepers do keep their's for many years.

Thank you for your feedback. It seems that that a lot of Jeep owners would be interested in the return of the option.
This is a widely recognized forum and hopefully peoples views will be seen. That is the point of this question, I definitely do not want to pull out any emotionally fueled debate with anyone. I do have to say that all responses have been impressively quite mature and respectful.
I think this says a lot for the forum community built here.. :) :) :) :)

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
what about those of us who got the mopar max care lifetime warranty before it was discontinued. Are we included in the mopar lift inclusion with our warranties?
Great Question.. Send me your vin or call/email me it with your mileage and I can look up to see if it is available.
I would like to know just to be able to better answer this question in the future.

Thanks for your feedback! :) :)

Sam at 855-730-1290
[email protected]

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Yes, I think so. It's important to read into this stuff.
I uploaded a PDF, Hope this helps :) :)

Thank your for your feedback

Attachments

Hyper

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 hypergreen wrangler
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
Yes!

sanman357

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-*|||||||*- 19' Mojito! Rubicon 6-speed, 09' Ram TRX4, 67 Chevelle 300 Deluxe
I pm’d Sam with my vin to
Great Question.. Send me your vin or call/email me it with your mileage and I can look up to see if it is available.
I would like to know just to be able to better answer this question in the future.

Thanks for your feedback! :) :)

Sam at 855-730-1290
[email protected]
PM’d my info for you to look up for the Lifetime Warranty.

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
So Mopar Lift kits totaling 4" are covered, with professional installation...
Also the Plan can be transferred to next purchaser of vehicle, or refund given, pro-rated.
Good "Details"
I pm’d Sam with my vin to

PM’d my info for you to look up for the Lifetime Warranty.

I looked it up with your vin and with the coverage being on their already doesn't look like it can be added.
So it looks like you have to add this added coverage at the time you purchase your plan. The cost is $495.

Thanks for your help figuring this out Carl (Sanman357)

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Great vehicle for a tow-behind, Thank you for your feedback :)
Couldn't agree more. Should we make the purchase it will be our 7th Jeep, three of them having been set up to flat tow.

'46 CJ 2A (see my avitar)
'60 CJ5
'67 CJ5
'76 CJ7
'07 JKUR
'12 JK Sahara Altitude

Sponsored

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
The mark up on the warranty's are unreal. Maybe try charging a fair price....
It is a fact that there is markup on Mopar Extended Warranties. This is for the dealers to use at there discretion. I suggest that if you are really interested to take a look at what you can save by buying direct.
Visit us at https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

Thank You For Your Feedback :):)

srt20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
It is a fact that there is markup on Mopar Extended Warranties. This is for the dealers to use at there discretion. I suggest that if you are really interested to take a look at what you can save by buying direct.
Visit us at https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/

Thank You For Your Feedback :):)
I did check your site. Your price for 7 yr max care unlimited miles is $1000 MORE than I paid in 2014 for Lifetime max care.

I stand by my original post.

SecondTJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I did check your site. Your price for 7 yr max care unlimited miles is $1000 MORE than I paid in 2014 for Lifetime max care.

I stand by my original post.
Don’t get me wrong, I also think it’s absurd that the 7yr plans cost more than the lifetime ones.

But keep in mind FCA increased the lifetime plan costs up about $500 between 2014 when you purchased it and 2018 when they dropped it.

So in reality the 7yr costs about $500 more than the most recent lifetime price. Again, I agree it’s still crazy.

OP
OP

First Name
Mopar Warranty
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Warranty Sales
Don’t get me wrong, I also think it’s absurd that the 7yr plans cost more than the lifetime ones.

But keep in mind FCA increased the lifetime plan costs up about $500 between 2014 when you purchased it and 2018 when they dropped it.

So in reality the 7yr costs about $500 more than the most recent lifetime price. Again, I agree it’s still crazy.

Thank you for your feedback :) :)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.