Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I would not purchase extended warranty. I would rather do the work myself if/when there is an issue.
Absolutely...

If I could buy the Jeep for $2500 less and have a Zero mile warranty, I'd consider it.
Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
We have been contemplating a future JL purchase. Should we do so it is unlikely to get many mods beyond those required to make it towable behind our motorhome. I'd be very interested in a "lifetime" warranty if offered at a reasonable price, without unreasonable exclusions.

AlamedaJeep

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Mopar Vehicle Protection offers lift kit protection as of April 2nd 2019.
I attached a PDF that explains what types of lifts are covered.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Sam Combs

855-730-1290
www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com
I'm assuming that only applies to new Warranties sold after April 2, 2019? Doesn't do anything to help anyone with an existing warranty.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Yes, I would consider it. I have them on 2 other Jeeps and an 8yr contract on my SRT , which I would have bought a lifetime contract but no go with the 392.

To me cheap insurance and if one keeps their Jeep long enough, will bleed Moapr for new starters, aletenator, AC compressor, shocks/struts, other suspension, water pump and pulleys, maybe a fuel pump. basically all stuff which will wear out. plus peace of mind on any electronic stuff.
So mopar hopes folks buy the service contract and trade/sell the car before they recoup the investment in repairs. Like insurance it is a crapshoot.

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I would personally like if the vehicle was manufactured with proper quality control and there was no need to buy an extended warranty to drive it over 100,000 miles. You know? like Toyotas?
Yes the toyota with the same 3/36 BTB and 5/60 PT, didnt know Toyotas never broke ounce out of warranty, guess the 50 bays at the local Toyota store are just for oil changes;)

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yes the toyota with the same 3/36 BTB and 5/60 PT, didnt know Toyotas never broke ounce out of warranty, guess the 50 bays at the local Toyota store are just for oil changes;)
Yeah they can break, any car can. But Toyotas are undeniably the most reliable vehicles out there. Oil changes and break pads need to happen... My dad and I have had Toyotas and Jeeps always. All the Toyotas I've had have gone for over 100k miles with nothing other than oil change and brakes.

As off the jeeps, my dad's CJ ran forever without anything major done, as well as his XJ which he gave to me with 150k miles when I was 18. It was after the year 2000 that jeeps started to crap out, he had a Grand Cherokee that needed work done constantly after 70k miles. I had a jeep patriot that ran very well until it hit 70k miles and the CVT crapped out, needing a 4k replacement...I got rid of it and took a huge loss because the depreciation was insane.

Toyotas don't break, they truly are reliable machines and it is a well known fact. Jeeps are hit or miss. I think the JL is a good vehicle, and I hope it will pass the 100k mile mark with no major issues. The 8-speed transmission and the pentastar V6 are very reliable machines. I am only worried about the weldings and other issues related to bad quality control when they put the vehicle together. I am never buying anything other than a Wrangler from Jeep, it is where they put their most reliable components. Wranglers are also easy to work with and they depreciate very little, so if the thing gives me issues I can sell it. If I want something like a grand cherokee or a truck, I'd go 4runner or Tacoma 100%.

I bought a Jeep Wrangler because the overall package is great, it is an awesome vehicle overall. But if I wanted to be 100% practical and financially responsible I would've gone Tacoma or 4runner no doubt.

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I just called MOPAR and asked for details on their extended warranty - I'm specifically looking for the 8 year/125k plan/$100 deductible. In reading through the many discussion threads on this topic, I thought it might be helpful if I quoted a few lines from the documents I received. I have not purchased yet, but likely will. I hope this helps those of you who are considering buying a plan.
--T

Getting Service only from a Jeep Dealer and the use of Remanufactured Parts - Not New:
OBTAINING PLAN SERVICE: To obtain service under this Plan, you should return and present this contract to the Dealer who sold you the Plan. In the event you cannot return the Vehicle to the selling Dealer for service, you may request service from any Dealer within the United States, Canada, Guam, Puerto Rico or Mexico.

IMPORTANT! SERVICE OBTAINED FROM A PERSON OTHER THAN AN AUTHORIZED DEALER IS NOT REIMBURSABLE UNDER THIS PLAN UNLESS AUTHORIZED BY US AND YOU RECEIVE AN AUTHORIZATION NUMBER BEFORE THE SERVICE IS PERFORMED. DEALERS CANNOT AUTHORIZE REPAIRS UNDER THIS PLAN. Authorized repairs will be made using remanufactured parts. If remanufactured parts are not available, the Dealer will use new parts.​

Not Eligible:
...vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity;​

Deductible and Taxes (per visit):
$100.00 DEDUCTIBLE: You are responsible to pay only the first $100.00 of the total cost of the Vehicle’s covered component repairs performed during each repair visit. Repairs not covered by the Plan are your responsibility. When state and/or local taxes are imposed upon the cost of repairs, you agree to pay state and/or local taxes in addition to the deductible.​

What's covered?
COVERAGE UNDER THE PLAN: WHAT IS COVERED? The Plan will pay the total cost (parts and labor) less a deductible per visit, to correct any of the following mechanical failures, caused by a defect in materials or workmanship of a covered component and are not covered by the vehicle’s factory warranty. The only exceptions are those listed under “What is not covered by the Plan”.

COMPONENTS COVERED BY THE PLAN INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):

GASOLINE ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Case, Timing Chain, Timing Belt, Gears and Sprockets; Variable Valve Timing Solenoids and Actuators; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump, Water Pump and Housing; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Flywheel with Starter Ring Gear; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Oil Filter Adapter Housing; Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Turbocharger Wastegate Actuator; Supercharger; Fuel Injectors (excluding clogged injectors); Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Seals and Gaskets.

DIESEL ENGINE: Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts; Cylinder Head Assemblies; Timing Gears and Cover; Harmonic Balancer; Oil Pump; Water Pump and Housing; Intake and Exhaust Manifolds; Core Plugs; Valve Covers; Oil Pan; Turbocharger Housing and Internal Parts; Fuel Injection Pump and Injectors (excluding clogged injectors); High Pressure Oil Pump; High Pressure Oil Rails; Seals and Gaskets.

TRANSMISSION: Transmission Case and all Internal Parts; Torque Converter; Drive/Flex Plate; Transmission Range Switch; Transmission Control Module; Bell Housing; Oil Pan; Gear Shifter and Shifter Mechanism; Seals and Gaskets.
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

FOUR-WHEEL DRIVE (4x4): Transfer Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axles Shafts; Axle Shaft Bearings; Drive Shafts Assemblies (Front and Rear); Drive Shaft Center Bearings; Wheel Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes; Disconnect Housing Assembly; Seals and Gaskets.

ALL-WHEEL DRIVE (AWD): Power Transfer Unit and all Internal Parts; Viscous Coupler; Axle Housing and all Internal parts; Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Rear Driveline Module; Drive Shaft and Axle Shaft Assemblies; Wheel Bearings; Differential Carrier Assembly and all Internal Parts; Output Bearing; Output Flange; End Cover; Overrunning Clutch; Shift Motor; Vacuum Motor; Torque Tube; Pinion Spacer and Shim; Seals and Gaskets.

FRONT WHEEL DRIVE: Transaxle Case and all Internal Parts; Axle Shaft Assemblies; Constant Velocity Joints and Boots; Shifter Mechanism; Wheel Bearings; Differential Cover; Oil Pan; Transaxle Speed Sensors; Transaxle Solenoid Assembly; PRNDL Position Switch; Transaxle Electronic Controller; Torque Converter; Seals and Gaskets
NOTE: MANUAL TRANSMISSION CLUTCH PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

REAR WHEEL DRIVE: Rear Axle Housing and all Internal Parts; Axle Shafts; Axle Shaft Bearings; Drive Shaft Assemblies; Drive Shaft Center Bearings; Universal Joints and Yokes; Seals and Gaskets.

STEERING: Steering Gear Housing and all Internal Parts; Power Steering Gear; Inner Tie Rods; Outer Tie Rods; Drag Link; Idler Arm; Pitman Arm; Steering Stabilizer; Power Steering Pump and Reservoir; Power Steering Motors; Power Steering Pump Cooler; Steering Shafts (upper and lower); Steering Shaft Lower Coupling; Telescoping Steering Column Motors; Rack and Pinion Assembly; Rack and Pinion Boots; Electronic Steering Motor; Seals and Gaskets.

AIR CONDITIONING/HEATING: Factory or Manufacturer-authorized air conditioning installations only. Air Conditioning Compressor; Clutch; Coil; Condenser; Front Evaporator; Rear Evaporator; Receiver-Drier; Expansion Valve; Hoses and Lines; Low Pressure Cut-off Switch; High Pressure Cut-off Switch; Clutch Cycling Switch; Front Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Rear Instrument Panel Control Assembly; Power Module; Blend Air Door Actuators and Motors; Housing; Front and Rear Air Conditioning/Heater Blower Motor; Blower Motor Resistor; Heater Core; Seals and Gaskets.

ENGINE COOLING & FUEL: Cooling Fan, Clutch and Motor; Radiator; Coolant Temperature Switch; Fuel Pump; Water Pump and Housing; Active Grille Shutter System; Fuel Tank Sending Unit; Fuel Pressure Regulator; Fuel Pressure Sensor; Fuel Tank and Lines; Serpentine Belt Tensioner; Engine Oil Cooler; Transmission Oil Cooler; EGR Cooler; Evaporative Emissions Leak Detection Pump and Monitor; Knock Sensor, Oxygen Sensor, Emissions Maintenance Reminder Module; Intake Air Temperature Sensor, Vapor Canister and Hoses; Seals and Gaskets.

Page: 3 of 10

FRONT SUSPENSION: Shocks; Shock Mounts; Struts; Strut Mounts, Bushings and Bearings; Upper and Lower Control Arms; Control Arm Bushings; Thrust Arms; Upper and Lower Ball Joints; Coil Springs; Torsion Bars; Air Suspension System; Front Wheel Bearings.

REAR SUSPENSION: Rear Leaf Springs; Rear Coil Springs; Auxiliary Springs; Spring Interliner; Spring Bushing; Spring Shackle; U-Bolt Rear Spring; Spring Hanger; Axle Trac Bar; Lateral Link Arm; Shocks; Shock Mount Plate; Struts; Strut Mounting Plates; Strut Bushings; Rear Trailing Arm Assembly; Rear Torsion Arms; Rear Torsion Bars; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar Link; Rear Stabilizer/Sway Bar Bushing; Rear Wheel Bearings.

BRAKES: Master Cylinder, Assist Booster; Wheel Cylinders; Disc Brake Calipers and Pistons; Brake Lines, Hoses, Fittings; Proportioning Valve; Seals and Gaskets.
NOTE: BRAKE SHOES, PADS, ROTORS, AND DRUMS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.

ANTI-LOCK BRAKES (ABS): Brake System’s Hydraulic Assembly; Pump Motor Assembly; Controller; Sensors and Relays; Seals and Gaskets.

ELECTRICAL: Starter Motor and Solenoid; Generator (Alternator); Engine Control Module - (Single Module Engine Controller) (SMEC); Powertrain Control Module; Distributor; Ignition Module; Ignition Coil; Coil Pack Assembly; Voltage Regulator; Horn and Horn Pad; Transmission Control Module; All Wiring Harnesses; Electronic Fuel Injection System (excluding clogged injectors); Windshield Wiper Motor; Rear Window Wiper Motor; Wiper Control Module; Manually Operated Electrical Switches; Neutral Safety Switch; Temperature Sending Unit/Switch; Oil Level and Oil Pressure Sending Unit/Switch; Body Computer; Body Control Module; Factory Installed Radio, Speakers and Rear Entertainment Systems (Includes CD and DVD Player); Factory Installed Navigation Systems (excludes navigation disc); Audio Amplifier; Height Adjustment Compressor; Gateway Module; Ignition Module, Factory Installed U-Connect System.

NOTE: HEADPHONES ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME.
INSTRUMENTATION: Electronic Instrument Cluster; Amp/Voltmeter Gauge; Fuel Gauge; Temperature Gauge; Tachometer; Oil

Pressure Gauge; Turbo Gauge; Speedometer.

KEY FOB: Subject to the limitations in this provision, the Plan provides (i) coverage for up to three key fob repairs or replacements, and (ii) a total key fob coverage benefit of $600, which limit applies notwithstanding the cost per repair or per replacement of the key fob for the Covered Vehicle. Key fob coverage is available even if any part of this covered component is not available, recoverable or operable, and this coverage is not subject to the deductible that applies to repair visits for covered components.

NOTE: FAILURE OF A KEY FOB BATTERY DOES NOT CONSTITUTE A MECHANICAL FAILURE OF THE KEY FOB.

POWER GROUP: Rear Window Defroster; Power Window Motors; Power Window Flex Track; Power Antenna; Power Seat Motors; Power Door Locks and Linkage; Power Sliding Rear Window Motor and Regulator (Trucks); Power Sliding Door Motors; Power Liftgate; Vacuum Pump.

LUXURY GROUP: Keyless Entry Sensors and Receiver/Module; Trip Computer; Message Center; Overhead Electronic Vehicle Information Center; Overhead Electronic Compass/Temperature; Power Sunroof Motor; Convertible Top Motor; Electric Mirror Motor and Controls; Cruise Control Servo; Headlight Door Motor; Concealed Headlamp Module; Park Assist Module; Park Assist Sensors; Back Up Assist Camera; Door Latches; Heated Seat Systems; Factory Installed Remote Start System; Heated Steering Wheel; In-Vehicle Wireless Charging Station; USB Outlets; 120V Outlets.

ENGINE EMISSIONS: Air Pump; Air Supply Hose; Leak Detection Pump; Evaporative System Detector/Monitor; Vapor Canister; Air Injection Valve; EGR Valve; EGR Cooler; Aspirator Tube; Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor; EGR Tube; Purge Solenoid; Knock Sensor; Oxygen Sensor; Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) System.
NOTE: CATALYTIC CONVERTOR AND PARTICULATE FILTER ARE NOT COVERED.

SAFETY SYSTEMS: Airbags (excluding deployed airbags); Impact Sensors; Occupancy Sensors; Seatbelt Retractors; Seat Belt Buckles; Modules; Sensors; and Switches.
NOTE: AIR BAGS THAT HAVE BEEN DEPLOYED ARE NOT COVERED AT ANYTIME.

MOPAR ACCESSORIES: All electrical and mechanical Mopar accessories are covered provided they were installed by an authorized Dealer; Audio Systems (including Compact Disc Players); Sirius Satellite Radio; Speed Control; EVS (Security Systems); Clocks; Remote Trunk Release; Transmission Oil Cooler; Remote Control Outside Mirrors; Power Sliding Rear Window Assembly (Trucks); Rear Seat Video Entertainment Systems (including DVD Players); Remote Start System (excluding transmitters); MoparConnect. NOTE: MOPAR PERFORMANCE PARTS ARE NOT COVERED AT ANY TIME

Page: 4 of 10

MOPAR LIFT KIT COVERAGE: If you purchased this coverage as shown on the front page, you have coverage for Mopar lift kits and related parts that are professionally installed, including performance parts pertaining to the lift kit (maximum 4 inch combined lift). If the Mopar Lift Kit coverage is not indicated on the front page, there is no coverage.

OTHER PLAN BENEFITS: The Plan also provides the following Trip Interruption, First Day Rental, Rental Allowance, Taxi Reimbursement, and Roadside Assistance benefits.

TRIP INTERRUPTION: The Plan will pay up to $1,000 for lodging, meals, and emergency transportation such as taxi, bus, or airline for you and your family if (1) your vehicle is inoperable due to a failure covered under this Plan or under the factory warranty, and (2) you are more than 100 miles from the address of record. Lodging, meals and car rental receipts must accompany a copy of repair bill and must be mailed to Vehicle Protection, P.O. Box 2700, Troy, Michigan 48007-2700.

FIRST DAY RENTAL: First Day Rental Allowance provides up to $35.00 car rental allowance if the Vehicle is to be serviced for any mechanical repair or maintenance service. Please note: Excludes rental for bodywork to the exterior sheet metal/composite panel or collision repairs.

RENTAL ALLOWANCE: Rental Allowance will pay up to $35.00 per day for a rental any time repairs take overnight, and a component covered by the Plan or the manufacturer’s Basic or Powertrain Warranty fails.​

Cancellation and Transferability:
  1. CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICIES: During the term of the Plan, you have the option to: • CANCEL the remaining Plan coverage and receive a full or pro-rata refund or;

• AUTHORIZE TRANSFER of the remaining Plan coverage to the 1st subsequent owner

tdoga2

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
So Mopar Lift kits totaling 4" are covered, with professional installation...
Also the Plan can be transferred to next purchaser of vehicle, or refund given, pro-rated.
Good "Details"
Yes, I think so. It's important to read into this stuff.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Not Eligible:
...vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity;

Yeah nope.

Sponsored

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Sam, I'm on two other forums, Corvette and Mustang. Threads about extended warranties tend to mirror a political discussion with mere opinions with no basis, to questions that have no answers, to downright hateful comments. So, you're quite brave to even bring this up. Basically the discussions drill down to if you buy an extended warranty you're stupid, or no no no if you don't buy one you're stupid. My opinion is if you want an extended warranty by all means buy one, if you don't then don't. Your money, your choice. I usually by a premium plan extended warranty (for my own peace of mind) that mirrors the bumper to bumper factory warranty, i.e. 5yr/60K as I normally don't keep a vehicle much longer than that. That is what I did for my new JL, and it was very reasonably priced. So, the lifetime warranty wouldn't be something I would consider, but I do see the value in it for those that plan on keeping their Jeeps for a long long time. And, from being on this forum for awhile it appears that experienced die hard Jeepers do keep their's for many years.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Not Eligible:
...vehicles altered or converted from the original manufacturer’s specifications; severe off-road use; vehicles not used in accordance with manufacturer’s specifications for payload and/or towing capacity;

Yeah nope.

Just for comparison those words are in every manufacturers extended warranty plan I've ever read. So yes. if you plan on many non sanctioned mods even the original warranty may not cover a vehicle. It's quite understandable if thought about.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Just for comparison those words are in every manufacturers extended warranty plan I've ever read. So yes. if you plan on many non sanctioned mods even the original warranty may not cover a vehicle. It's quite understandable if thought about.
I'm not arguing that, but jeeps are one of the most often modified vehicles out there. I will say the onus is still on the dealer to prove that your modifications caused the issue, but I wouldn't play that game beyond the initial factory warranty as my Jeep started getting modified the day I brought it home. We deal with the same thing in the Harley world. Dealerships try to deny warranty work because of mods. Obviously some dealers are better than others in this regard.

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not arguing that, but jeeps are one of the most often modified vehicles out there. I will say the onus is still on the dealer to prove that your modifications caused the issue, but I wouldn't play that game beyond the initial factory warranty as my Jeep started getting modified the day I brought it home. We deal with the same thing in the Harley world. Dealerships try to deny warranty work because of mods. Obviously some dealers are better than others in this regard.

I agree completely my friend. And, when it come down to it the dealer will always win warranty disputes. And, you are also correct in that some dealers are better than others. Luckily my Ford dealer in great, but I haven't been with my Jeep dealer long enough to know. I can only keep my fingers crossed that they will be good to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.