Sponsored

Would You Buy The Lifetime Maximum Care If They Brought It Back At A Little Higher Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
Sorry in advance for the long post....

The only reason I am not selling my 2018 JLUR and purchasing a 2021 JLUR (with the crazy values the JLUR currently has) is BECAUSE I have the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. I purchased the warranty one month before they discontinued the product and I would not be able to purchase it with a new JLUR.

I have the Lifetime MaxCare warranty on my 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland and it has paid for itself two-three times over at this point and I still plan on driving it for quite awhile (177K miles and counting). Just last week I picked it up after they replaced the driver side rear suspension airbag, replaced the transmission mount, and replaced a front suspension bracket. In the past, I have had the rack and pinion completely replaced, the rear suspension completely replaced, along with a ton of minor annoyances that I pile onto the $100 deductible whenever there is something overtly wrong with GC.

With both of these examples; the 2011 Grand Cherokee and the 2018 JLUR were both completely new models with a ton of changes from the prior models and the introduction of a LOT of technology on the respective platforms. I plan on keeping both of these vehicles in the family for a LONG, LONG time and the peace of mind knowing things like my self-leveling headlights and full automatic air suspension will be covered in the long haul is worth it.

That all said, I will tell you I have had to fight Mopar a number of times to get things covered under the Lifetime MaxCare warranty. In these disagreements, I have had to escalate outside of the standard Mopar Warranty team and FCA / Stellantis have done right by me, I just wish it wouldn't have to go to that level. My latest example would be over the front sway bar on the GC. The bushings were bad and since they are integrated into the swaybar, the whole thing needed to be replaced. Mopar would not cover stating "wear and tear". After arguing for a few months, I went above them and got it taken care of.

So, YES!!! bring back the MaxCare and I will order a new JLUR the next day!
1) I would have agreed with you if this didnt happen to me a month ago.
https://www.ramforum.com/threads/mo...irs-on-maximum-care-lifetime-warranty.176554/

2) Who did you work with to get it approved? I got my case reopened when they first denied it for wear and tear, then they just closed it again saying wear and tear read your contract.

I unfortunately have no found a lawyer willing to take this on yet so I bought the control arms mentioned in the above link and plan to install them myself in a week or two. $370 in parts.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JL Rubicon - 2.0 Sting Gray, '07 JK Sahara - Black
Mopar has many good alternatives to the Lifetime warranty such as the 7 Year / Unlimited Mileage and the 8 Year / 125,000 mile extended warranty. The discontinuing of the lifetime Mopar warranty has definitely created a lot of talk! With no return in the plans for Mopar maybe a little tally of opinions will help bring it back in the future.
IMO ”Would you like to buy a Mopar extended warranty?” is just different verbiage for “Would you like to pay a few thousand dollars to hear ‘thats normal, it’s a Jeep thing’?”.

Status
Not open for further replies.