Sponsored

Would you buy "Rocky Mountain Pearl" if it were offered?

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2020 JT, 1990 Mustang
Build Thread
Link
I like it. It kind of reminds me of many of the dark browns Jeep used in the past on everything. I agree it would look great with the 392 bronze treatment.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I don't think I would want the pearl out of rocky mountain oyster. No thank you.

This color looks like Gator.

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
It’s a 3 row. It’s supposed to be bland, has to compete with all the other bland mid size 3 rows. Those customers want to blend in and be like everyone else. Silver will probably be the most popular color in those.
Agree to disagree. I know it’s a three-row but I’m in that market and don’t want bland. I’m not saying TRD Pro per se, but something more exciting than what they currently offer. The colors they offer are also quite bland, especially the velvet red. Blah! Give me a Sport Model or Trailhawk model or something with some visual appeal

Mad Hatter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2011 MDX Advance
Ever see a clean* Granite Crystal Wrangler parked against a truly grey or grey metallic vehicle--especially in strong sunlight? Granite Crystal has a tinge of brown/bronze to it, even thought it looks totally grey on its own.

Maybe Rocky Mountain Pearl is the new Granite Crystal!

(*-I wash mine maybe once a year to remove all of the yellow pollen, so this is not a huge issue for me. ;))

Retrograde

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLSS, 1995 Chevy K2500
Occupation
Arms Dealer
That would be a good color to replace black in the Black & Tan edition...

...but Black & Tans aren't my thing, so no.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Agree to disagree. I know it’s a three-row but I’m in that market and don’t want bland. I’m not saying TRD Pro per se, but something more exciting than what they currently offer. The colors they offer are also quite bland, especially the velvet red. Blah! Give me a Sport Model or Trailhawk model or something with some visual appeal
I wasn’t even aware of the existence of this thing, seems like it fills the same role as the Wagoneer.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I wasn’t even aware of the existence of this thing, seems like it fills the same role as the Wagoneer.
It more so competes with a 3 row explorer, Acadia (I think that’s the one), telluride, etc. Wagoneer competes with the expedition/el, Tahoe, suburban market.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
It more so competes with a 3 row explorer, Acadia (I think that’s the one), telluride, etc. Wagoneer competes with the expedition/el, Tahoe, suburban market.
Should be the spot for the Grand Wagoneer, no? Are the “grand”s just a quality change nowadays? This GC L just looks like a Traverse.

graytrucks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392, 2020 LR Discovery, 2015 RR Sport SC
It’s a 3 row. It’s supposed to be bland, has to compete with all the other bland mid size 3 rows. Those customers want to blend in and be like everyone else. Silver will probably be the most popular color in those.

The picture makes that color look like Granite Crystal with a hint of green. Jeep’s digital images are always somewhat off over what the color looks like in real life.
Totally disagree with this comment, but maybe I’m the exception. I’ve been waiting for a 3 row Jeep for many years. Just because you have kids doesn’t mean you want bland. I likely won’t buy a GC L because of its bland looks, and I’ve owned 4 prior GCs. My 392 is a third car that unfortunately can’t haul as much as I often need.

XJfanatic

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Should be the spot for the Grand Wagoneer, no? Are the “grand”s just a quality change nowadays? This GC L just looks like a Traverse.
Wagoneer = Tahoe/Expedition

Grand Wagoneer = Escalade/Navigator

Sponsored

Joe98

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, 2 door Sport S, Mojito!
If the colour at the top of this thread is accurate then yes I like it.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Wagoneer = Tahoe/Expedition

Grand Wagoneer = Escalade/Navigator
Ehh those are the same vehicles as far as I’m concerned. I guess I need to see a GC L in person. Comparable to a Traverse makes sense I suppose. Just a real narrow, crappy market.

Deleted member 59498

Think I would get that big Toyota soccer mom SUV before Wagoneer. They are nice looking, best of all the full size in my opinion. But they are all way too much cash.

Wagoneer still far better than Ford and Chevy, at least in looks. I didn't even check the price on the Toyota TRD Pro, like the color though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you buy "Rocky Mountain Pearl" if it were offered? hotlink

L1011

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 4R but hoping for a JLU
Think I would get that big Toyota soccer mom SUV before Wagoneer. They are nice looking, best of all the full size in my opinion. But they are all way too much cash.

Wagoneer still far better than Ford and Chevy, at least in looks. I didn't even check the price on the Toyota TRD Pro, like the color though.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you buy "Rocky Mountain Pearl" if it were offered? hotlink
$66-68k for a TRD Pro Sequoia, at least around where I live.
Sponsored