Sponsored

Would you buy another 3.0L EcoDiesel? Why? Why not?

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ JLU DIESEL
I probably should have complained about my steering to the dealership. It was honestly the thing I hated most about the JL, but being my first modern Jeep I just assumed it was a Jeep thing and everyone just put up with it. One of the reasons I started looking at the Bronco. I've got 300 miles of highway driving to get to the cabin and even though I liked having the Jeep up there, the family consensus was always to make the trip in the Traverse. The AWD Traverse has no problem making it a couple miles on rough trails once I'm up there and the highway trip is just so much better. Again, that's just my use case.
I gave up, tried 3 times, and it pained me, as I didnā€™t have the time, but they needed to fix it, as it was a safety concern, those who had patience got their money back. Itā€™s flawed, no questions.
If you want a family off-road, a Land Cruiser or 4Runner or GX460 should be your best bet
Sponsored

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ JLU DIESEL
Still driving my JLUD, and love it everyday. I take it out most of the days instead of the 750 and the aircooled 911s as it will sit in the parking lot most of the day. I love it for what it is, specially with the new steel steering box. Lifting with a AEV lift and 35ā€™ā€™ and thatā€™s it.

545moose

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GX460
Ha ! Thatā€™s the thing, these cars are a lot stronger than people think. I had a few of those, and Never, Ever, had a issue but a check engine light due to emissions. Drove over 100K miles on every single one of those. The Cayennes are much better cars, with solid interior, amazing dynamics for an SUV.
The cars for the American market wonā€™t have low range or locking differential on the diesel, (as far as Iā€™m concerned) the V10s Touaregs had transfer case, air suspension and low range with center and rear diff lock.
Please remember that the transsiberian Cayennes killed a lot of more hardcore off road vehicles back in the day.
I have Porsches (911s) since 1998 and lived with them as my only cars for a long while. Iā€™m my opinion aside of Toyota Land Cruisers they are the best built cars you can have, and the old Cayennes are no different. The new ones are very Audi, which tend to give you issues.
I still love them over all Range Rovers (I Know shitty standards) and never paid for a repair, never once !!!
Thats brilliant! V10 Touaregs are next to gone now and great to hear on the Cayennes. The CPO one I saw was a 2016 I think, but the CPO coverage was amazing I remember, like 2-3yr unlimited mileage or something crazy. Donā€™t let me see another onešŸ˜‚. Passed on the Discovery for good too. Called a few shops and asked for a first hand opinion and they all said the same thing; stay away.

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ JLU DIESEL
Audi and therefore Porsche got slapped on the Diesel shit. Rest assured that they are Bullet proof and if anything goes sideways, itā€™s emissions related. Big towing numbers (7600lbs) if I recall correctly. My trailer was 5500 loaded and gave me 19mpg at 85 mph in FL.
I would keep buying them if I could find a good one with low miles, although I no longer need the mpg. Again, love these cars and get shit from the wife for not having one, even though sheā€™s enjoying the new 750.

Nerobergstr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
West Texas Barn Find 1970 Kaiser Jeepster Commando
Vehicle Showcase
...If you want a family off-road, a Land Cruiser or 4Runner or GX460 should be your best bet
Yeah, good luck getting any of those these days. My solution for now is to keep the Jeepster up North and travel in the family hauler. That way I still get to experience that classic Jeep steering feel whenever I want. I do miss the JLURD, but this is more fun in the woods anyway.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you buy another 3.0L EcoDiesel? Why? Why not? JeepsterCabin

Sponsored

Tlebkcalb

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21ā€™ JLU DIESEL
Yeah, good luck getting any of those these days. My solution for now is to keep the Jeepster up North and travel in the family hauler. That way I still get to experience that classic Jeep steering feel whenever I want. I do miss the JLURD, but this is more fun in the woods anyway.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would you buy another 3.0L EcoDiesel? Why? Why not? JeepsterCabin
What a jam ! Keep it running ! Although that goes ages apart from a family off-road, but who cares ! Iā€™ll take the room with the water view as well !

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
I have quite a few people turn their head as I drive by when they hear the clatter. One guy said I need to get that into the dealer because it was detonating. I said yes, it is. Itā€™s fun to watch that ā€œI donā€™t understandā€ look in their faces.
Sponsored