Sponsored

Would you buy another 2.0T? Why? Why not?

BDinTX

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon, 2021 JLU Rubicon
Good luck on your new jeep and pics or it didn't happen ; )
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I spent a week in the Vail area last summer. The performance of the 2.0 exceeded my expectations. Going up Eisenhower and Vail passes did not seem to tax the engine at all. Night and day difference compared to the V6 in my last Jeep...a JK. The only downside to the 4 banger is itā€™s noisy at cold start up.

Geos7812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I 2019 Rubi with the 3.6L. It is just fine. Love this Jeep. My brother just got the 2.0 and the difference in Denver is incredible. 22 2.0 here I come. Going to skip the Diesel for commute reasons. However, if you have a longer trek, donā€™t be scared of the diesel. If you take care of them, Use them for what they are designed a diesel is the way to go.

Burt

First Name
Burt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2014 FJ Cruiser (TTUE), 2016 Camry XLE (wifeā€™s)
Occupation
Retired
Yes, would buy again, I have the 2L e-torgue with 32k miles with no issues, love the peppiness. Used only to get to off road trails, not a daily driver.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats on the choice! Youā€™ll love the combo with the 4xE and the 2.0T Iā€™m sure.

I too live in the Denver/Aurora area and travel to the mountains to hit the trails. I had a 2018 JLU Sport manual before but decided on the 2.0T for my Rubicon. It puts a smile on my face every time I get in. Up and down the hills and mountains here donā€™t seem to phase it much. I too was a little worried about all the plastic and complex systems but am sure itā€™ll be a great engine for miles to come.

Sponsored

Buddy Lee

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Just got back from a 2000 mile overlanding trip in Utah and Arizona. My 2.0 performed flawlessly. I crossed rivers, climbed steep grades, wheeled deep sand (didnā€™t even air down) and hit some rugged rocky trails. I canā€™t say enough about the power and reliability it afforded me. Would buy it again without question.

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
Yes, 2.0 has more power and gets better mpg. The 3.6 is full of issues on the JL.
I donā€™t think Iā€™ll ever own another modern diesel. The diesel exhaust and the DEF systems are garbage. They are notorious for malfunctioning and the parts/labor are extremely expensive. If you got the ecodiesel for the fuel economy then you messed up. It would take like 20 years or more to make up the difference in cost to purchase the diesel package. And the diesel maintenance is 2 to 3 times more expensive on every oil change, fuel filter, etc.
Agreed but I'd say 4 to 5 times more expensive to maintain.

McGilli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited Altitude
I bought a luxury car last week - and becasue of the performance of my Jeep 2.0t I went for the 2.0t on the car too. I love turbo engines now. They're everything I need.

My friend - also last week - went for a V10 in his new car :CWL: :rock:

So it just depends on the person and their needs LOL

I would def buy/recommend 2.0t for any future Jeep purchases.

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
My 2.0 Turbo is putting up better MPGs than what's on the window sticker. This has never happened to me in over 30 years of owning cars and trucks. I'm only at 2000 miles, but extremely impressed so far with its power and efficiency. I'm guessing driving topless is helping the cause (or maybe my NAV is always routing me downhill with tailwinds) but I'll take it.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Only 1400 miles on my 2.0 turbo, but so far I am loving it! Good mileage, and all around plenty of power/torque.
This thing cracks me up when you really get on it. The front end lifts up and it sounds like an angry little bee or something. It is quick! Maybe it is because it's a two door, but when I get on it and the front end comes up, all I hear is the Herbie theme song!

Sponsored

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Govā€™t Contractor & Gym Rat
^^^ I get the same experience. The 2.0 in the two door is a real hoot. Surprisingly quick & nimble on its feet. I added a cat back & now I can hear the engine/upshifts & downshifts. Gas mileage is great for a Jeep. I use regular gas until the summer, then Iā€™ll use 91... Love this Wrangler. My favorite to date, although I still miss my TJ!
Cheers/B

DSW21

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Love the 2.0 myself but curious how others with the 2.0 are getting 20+ mpg. Donā€™t have a heavy foot or anything and I consistently get 15-17 mpg on about 70% highway driving. Running 35s on an otherwise stock JLUR and Iā€™ve never seen anything in the 20+ range

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Love the 2.0 myself but curious how others with the 2.0 are getting 20+ mpg. Donā€™t have a heavy foot or anything and I consistently get 15-17 mpg on about 70% highway driving. Running 35s on an otherwise stock JLUR and Iā€™ve never seen anything in the 20+ range
Actually drive the speed limit.

BenDiem

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜19 991.2TT; 23 EVO RWD
Occupation
US Govā€™t Contractor & Gym Rat
No question, itā€™s the monster (heavy/large) 35ā€ tires and wheels, including the raised Rubicon suspension over my stock suspension/tires. The worst average mileage Iā€™ve seen was 22.6 mpg, according to my gauges. Iā€™m usually averaging 75% city/25 hwy.

Iā€™ve experienced as high as 27.2 mpg average on a full tank of gas when I was traveling 75% hwy/25% city. I was averaging about 5-10 mph over posted speed limits.

Iā€™m also about 400 plus pounds lighter than your beautiful but big/heavy rig.

Go Terps/Ravens/Orioles!

cheers/B

csjlu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Agree on the 35s. May also be tire pressure (I drive at full PSI). I also like to draft and drive topless...if I wanted to be a lap leader with a brick profile, I'd probably be under 25 MPG.
Sponsored