Sponsored

Would you buy a Lambent Earth colored JL?

Lab1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Sting Gray, '20 M340i

Sponsored

desmo2

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 TJ '97-'11. '21 billet silver JLR
Would I? No. When I saw Billet Silver in person, there was no other color I wanted. Nothing has tempted me away, yet.

I would like to see a return of the old forest green with tan top, however. I fell in love with that color on the YJ's, and I'm pretty sure it continued on the TJ's. I don't think I have seen it, since.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Apparently brown is gonna be big for automotive paints next year.

12E846B0-9F01-4ECF-B228-F1CBD1959796.jpeg
I can't make an informed decision from a photo that reveals just a tease of a new color with lighting that intentionally flatters. The saccharine ad copy isn't doing "Lambent Earth" any favors, either.

That said, this new key color could be a pleasant surprise when seen in person, on a vehicle that interests us. Done right, it would be the correct shade for a proper retro Wrangler build (just slapping a set of wagon wheels on and calling it done isn't enough.)

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
The description of the color is more distasteful to me than the color itself. I would need to see a full representation of the color on a vehicle before I would say if I liked it or not. Some browns hues look good.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
More solid colors, less "luxury" paint. Pearl and tri-coats belong on luxury cars.

How about Magpul Flat Dark Earth. Or Cerakote Burnt Bronze. Now those would look good on a Jeep!

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
So is this the 2021 version of late 90's Mystic?

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Would I? No. When I saw Billet Silver in person, there was no other color I wanted. Nothing has tempted me away, yet.

I would like to see a return of the old forest green with tan top, however. I fell in love with that color on the YJ's, and I'm pretty sure it continued on the TJ's. I don't think I have seen it, since.
YES Forest Green and Tan was the best!! Black and Tan a close second. Buddy of of mine in High School had Green/Tan in hard top CJ7 with a 305 that jeep was fun

Walker Texas Wrangler

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.hamburgsolutions.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLU Rubicon, Previous: '99 TJ Sahara
Build Thread
Link
YES Forest Green and Tan was the best!! Black and Tan a close second. Buddy of of mine in High School had Green/Tan in hard top CJ7 with a 305 that jeep was fun
Man.....I miss my Forest green with tan top Sahara TJ. Had the green and tan seats too.

Drytellsr

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I would have to see how it looks on a JLUR first. I prefer subdued earthy colors and this sounds interesting, Just have to see it.
Sponsored