Sponsored

Would tube doors look ok on stock rubicon?

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link
I saved these to my cart as well - thanks for posting. Doesn't look like the mesh could be removed or replaced if wanted, is that correct ?
The mesh is totally replaceable each strap is velcro on the back side this also allows you to tighten and adjust over time, They are extremely heavy-duty straps you will be impressed with them. You just cannot beat the price. The Latches are also adjustable with a rubber bump-stop they close tight with NO rattles. Personally I really like the enclosed look of the netting versus the open tube doors.

inside%20half%20door_zpsqbbata4b.jpg
Sponsored

Ma$$iveDebtAche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Thanks! How well do you think they fit, any rattling?
They fit pretty well, but rattle a little bit. Took some adjusting of the latches and I added rubber bumpers (below (I riveted them on instead of screws). Now, the rattling is very minimal.

7114QUDKtyL._SL1200_.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I saved these to my cart as well - thanks for posting. Doesn't look like the mesh could be removed or replaced if wanted, is that correct ?
I was at the Jeep Fest this morning the doors they had there, all similar to the EAG doors in terms of finish, tube diameter and weight, however they were all 80% more $$$ with no obvious quality difference, however I would say the ones that had the net inserts the material was lighter weight and not easy to replace and the latch setup on all of them were very basic compared to the EAG.

The problem I see with many of these doors is there is no rubber bumpstop like the EAG and high end doors have so only the latch itself is in contact, rattle will be a problem with all of those tube doors.

The latch and bump stop pictured in my post above when latch is properly adjusted has NO rattle what so ever.

okie dokie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I was trying to decide between tube doors or hothead headliners (on a budget yo) but I think I'll spring (hehe) for tube doors now and wait for fall on the headliners.

I dont think I can go full doors off because 8yr old and labradoodle.
Both are sketchy and trouble.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

I was trying to decide between tube doors or hothead headliners (on a budget yo) but I think I'll spring (hehe) for tube doors now and wait for fall on the headliners.

I dont think I can go full doors off because 8yr old and labradoodle.
Both are sketchy and trouble.
Sounds like my 6 year old and im not sure mama will be pleased with the 2 year old out back either. And she loves tossing stuff on the ground. Im going to buy the EAGs as well and prob just run the fronts for a while. Doesnt look as cool but im too old to worry about looking cool any more

Sponsored

vonbek

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Mine have a little play in them. I haven't quite figured out that sweet spot where they will latch and not move. I don't hear any rattling though.
IMG_20190323_161016.jpg
IMG_20190323_161030.jpg
IMG_20190323_161049.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Mine have a little play in them. I haven't quite figured out that sweet spot where they will latch and not move. I don't hear any rattling though.
IMG_20190323_161016.jpg
IMG_20190323_161030.jpg
IMG_20190323_161049.jpg
AS long as there is pressure on the rubber bump-stop you are good to go and should not have any rattles.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I like the look of tube doors but I don't really get them. Maybe to keep dogs from jumping out?

One of the things I like about going doorless is not having to deal with...doors.
God forbid if you did have a rollover your legs would stay in and maybe not get crushed. trust me your legs will come out if you have a rollover. And you may think you got other things to worry about than your legs but no even in my RZR when I flip that we broke my back but our legs stayed in the whole time because of doors. the last thing you want to do is have your legs cut so bad you have to have them amputated. It's happened to people with RZRs before. no doors when they rolled them their legs have got hurt so bad they had to cut them off.and if you're doing 70 on the highway and something happens someone cuts you off and your jeep flips and rolls wouldn't you want to know at least your body and your legs stay in instead of your foot out the door like some people do.yes I want to look cool to everyone does but you can do it with Cool tube doors and be safe still. There are some doors out there that look very cool even if you paint them like red on this white Jeep here. I plan on getting these tube doors and paint them. You can't tell me this doesn't look cool on this white JL like I have. Or if you want the black two doors these look bitchin

Screenshot_20180617-034542_Gallery.jpg

20190407_012529.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
God forbid if you did have a rollover your legs would stay in and maybe not get crushed. trust me your legs will come out if you have a rollover. And you may think you got other things to worry about than your legs but no even in my RZR when I flip that we broke my back but our legs stayed in the whole time because of doors. the last thing you want to do is have your legs cut so bad you have to have them amputated. It's happened to people with RZRs before. no doors when they rolled them their legs have got hurt so bad they had to cut them off.and if you're doing 70 on the highway and something happens someone cuts you off and your jeep flips and rolls wouldn't you want to know at least your body and your legs stay in instead of your foot out the door like some people do.yes I want to look cool to everyone does but you can do it with Cool tube doors and be safe still. There are some doors out there that look very cool even if you paint them like red on this white Jeep here. I plan on getting these tube doors and paint them. You can't tell me this doesn't look cool on this white JL like I have. Or if you want the black two doors these look bitchin

Screenshot_20180617-034542_Gallery.jpg

20190407_012529.jpg

I totally agree with Jammer...That is why I went with the EAG doors that had the netting, I was concerned that the straight tube doors with no mesh or netting would still not contain the leg very well which is why I assume most of the RZR doors are also solid or netted and not just open tubed doors

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I totally agree with Jammer...That is why I went with the EAG doors that had the netting, I was concerned that the straight tube doors with no mesh or netting would still not contain the leg very well which is why I assume most of the RZR doors are also solid or netted and not just open tubed doors
Yep all you have to do is take an RZR to the sand dunes and start driving them and you'll realize why you need doors. Then when you get in your Jeep you won't be sticking your foot out no more going down the road. I know it looks cool and putting your foot on a foot peg and everybody wants to look cool and so do I but people need to think if I roll real quick when I'm on the highway at 70 flip to the left my foot's going under and I'm going to get crushed and I won't be able to pull my legs in quick enough you're not thinking when you start rolling trust me.not worth it to me but everyone has a right to do what they want with their own Jeep just talking from experience. When you start rolling it's nice to know all body parts are inside the vehicle. I think I'd rather not survive then lose both legs just my opinion

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Check rugged ridge tube doors. High quality, look the same as Mopar and about half the price from Northridge 4x4 with a coupon code which was like 20% off. I paid for all 4 around less 740 with mirrors and free shipping less rugged ridges 2019 rebate of 5% cash back.

Last edited:

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Check rugged ridge tube doors. High quality, look the same as Mopar and about half the price from Northridge 4x4 with a coupon code which was like 20% off. I paid for all 4 a little less than 700 with free shipping.
yes I've been looking at them saw them in person the other day at the dealer they had him on one of the Jeeps they look very good only thing can you lock them from people stealing them you didn't look like there was a way to lock them so we could steal them pretty easy how about that I don't know ?

20190327_140458.jpg

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Check rugged ridge tube doors. High quality, look the same as Mopar and about half the price from Northridge 4x4 with a coupon code which was like 20% off. I paid for all 4 a little less than 700 with free shipping.
They are not the same, the RR doors only have a single cross tube (Mopar has 2) they really do not keep you or your kids and pets in the jeep. it will cost you about $200+ if and when any containment mesh or netting is available. Then that $700 does not include mirrors which they charge a premium for. I could see your hip or the entire torso of a child falling out through the gaps in the RR doors since they are at seat height front and below in the back.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
yes I've been looking at them saw them in person the other day at the dealer they had him on one of the Jeeps they look very good only thing can you lock them from people stealing them you didn't look like there was a way to lock them so we could steal them pretty easy how about that I don't know ?

20190327_140458.jpg
They make lock nuts for the hinges. These are the JK ones, I know I have seen them for the JL. May be the same?

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/door-mirror-accessories/76060-mcgard-door-lock-set

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
They are not the same, the RR doors only have a single cross tube (Mopar has 2) they really do not keep you or your kids and pets in the jeep. it will cost you about $200+ if and when any containment mesh or netting is available. Then that $700 does not include mirrors which they charge a premium for
Yes mine came with mirrors. I’m not personally looking for full containment or I would just keep the doors on. It would be very difficult to get your leg past the middle bar, but I guess if your rolling without a seat belt it could happen.
Sponsored