Sponsored

Would the factory LED tail lights work on a JL that did not originally come with them?

mtomac

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL - 2017 Silverado 3500 Duramax - 17 Chevy Equinox
You can set the driver temp different than the passenger temp? On the Jeep compare tool this is NA for Sport and Sport S. It has temp control but not dual being your passenger could have warm air and you could set driver side to cool air.

When you move the dial for interior lighting you have the foot wells light up bright and dim to nothing as well? Another feature not listed for Sport and Sport S on the Jeep compare tool and many have Sports that wonder what that dial is for because they do not have ambient lighting. It only adjust the door handle and cup holder light for them.
Yes I can independently set driver and passenger temps with the up/down arrow buttons on the dash

The left wheel/dial does nothing. The right wheel/dial adjusts the following interior lights: dash, radio screen, shift indicator, door lock buttons, headlight switch, side mirrors switch & cup holder lights when the park lights or head lights are on. I have no bright/dim control of the footwell lights or dome lights
Sponsored

Last edited:

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well another documentation error on Jeep.com. When I was working my numbers on price difference and what you get vs not I used their comparison tool. This was not a must have option but I figured OK this is part of the price difference between the models.

upload_2018-5-16_20-8-51.png

Dom

First Name
Dom Sahara JL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Technician
I will be placing an order for my JL soon and I'm trying to justify the price of the Safety Group. I don't really care about the blind spot or the parking sensors, all I really want is the LED tail lights. Let's say I don't get the Safety Group and later on I'll find a totaled JL at a scrap yard and try to buy the tail lights for much cheaper than $899. Would they work on my JL that originally did not come with them because mine won't have the blind spot. I don't care for the blind spot to works, just for the tail lights to work. Would they give any errors?
Yes they will work but they have to be programmed by the dealer
Sponsored