Sponsored

Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler.

Fast-n-Furious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 XR
At the age of 24, be young and bold, go with the cooler Jeep!
Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
my 20 Unlimited Rubicon has a 2” lift running on 35s. Does fine as a daily driver and acceptable though a bit noisy on the highway. I have the 2.0 and like it, especially at high altitudes where the turbo is very beneficial. That said, there are far better daily drivers if you don’t intend to use the Jeep’s off road capabilities. I would not own one if I didn’t use it off-road…I would instead drive a BMW x5…or even a Grand Cherokee.

Old Jeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
so im basically cross shopping between a bronco and wrangler. I’ve already decided on what trim and package to get if I were to get a bronco. Now im leaving no stone unturned and looking at a wrangler, so far I’ve been looking at a 4dr Willy’s wrangler with the xtreme recon package. I don’t offroad but much like with the bronco I find value in having it come from factory built to have bigger tires and a lift since I love the look of it and would do it aftermarket anyway. How would the ride quality be with the package as a daily ? Or am I better off going with the Sahara or Willy’s without the xtreme recon? Thanks for the help in advance.
Jeeps have been my daily driver since the late 80s. WHY? Well I 95 & the Beltway around Wash DC, trips to NYC and Boston, San Fran, LA nothing better to drive in traffic. That said I was 2 dr driver. I had 2 Jeeps with 100k + miles on them.

I drove Sahara's till the Rubicon came out. I have a lot of Jeeps, 17 since 1985, love my Jeeps . I would tell you that at this point in time, Ford has had a bundle of issues with the Bronco, some minor, some major, some recalls I would let them get down the road a bit before I bought in.

If its your first Jeep you may not want to go with the XR packages. That is like jumping into the deep end of the pool before you learn to swim. WHY? The Jeep Wrangler entry Sport exceeds your capability to drive to its potential. Even been in a Jeep off-road on and off camber at 53 degrees of lean? That is how far I could lean mine over before it laid down on its side.

There are folks that buy a Jeep and wish they had not after the first time they go off-roading and suck the seat up their chit chute.

If you want to buy new that fine, but go in to deep and you can drop $70k and can you use and take advantage of all it has to offer? Go in Mid-range and you will happy. The top XR, Rubicons etc play at the 7+ trail level out of a trail rating of 10 the most difficult. Think on it, Jeeps hold value like no other car.

Go Jeep and git home, go Bronco and be alone...

MesaAZGuy

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR 3.6
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Honestly in todays world, both are cool vehicles! We are just biased here since we have Jeeps!

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
Fun as hell to daily drive. The steering will be a bit more vague feeling than the Bronco's IFS, but what it lacks in that it makes up for in pure fun both on road and off. What the IFS gains you is, in my opinion, boring averageness. The solid front axle is weird and precisely why I like the Wrangler's driving dynamics. It's funky. I would guess that it's possibly not for everyone though, so I would try and test drive something with XR if you can manage.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
I have not read the whole thread , but you're 24 and worried about ride quailty? I agree, get a beemer or a WRX and carve corners. I am 59 and done all that.
I will also say at 59 I have driven my 2 door rubicon from NH to florida, NH to Colorado and back which is a total of 8000 miles over 2 trips. I also put 18000 miles on that jeep in 11 months. At my age, you think I would be worried about ride quality. I am not. I am interested in living!!!!

It is by no means the most comfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in and a 2 door on a road trip can be lacking.

That being said, I have had few vehicles that put such a smile on my face........

and yes,,, I am new to it,, ,but I also take it off road.. I am not a hard core rock crawler.. More of an off highway sight seer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler. trail to

Jeep Wrangler JL Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler. potash road balanced rock
Jeep Wrangler JL Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler. wild horse tri

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
So a standard rubicon with 35s and a lift or a Willy’s xr ? Decisions 🤔what would be the benefit of going with the standard rubicon over the Willy’s Xr ?
If you really want the lockers or leather pick a rubicon.

Me the Willy's is what I wanted, black grill and stock LEDs. Plus the price of the sound and sun package seemed like a steal.

Probably go with katzskin down the road

OP
OP

migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet.
I have not read the whole thread , but you're 24 and worried about ride quailty? I agree, get a beemer or a WRX and carve corners. I am 59 and done all that.
I will also say at 59 I have driven my 2 door rubicon from NH to florida, NH to Colorado and back which is a total of 8000 miles over 2 trips. I also put 18000 miles on that jeep in 11 months. At my age, you think I would be worried about ride quality. I am not. I am interested in living!!!!

It is by no means the most comfortable vehicle I have ever ridden in and a 2 door on a road trip can be lacking.

That being said, I have had few vehicles that put such a smile on my face........

and yes,,, I am new to it,, ,but I also take it off road.. I am not a hard core rock crawler.. More of an off highway sight seer.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler. wild horse tri

I’m not worried about it as much you might think I am, I was only wondering how it would be compared to a bronco. I don’t think any of us are ever interested in jeeps cause of the ride quality lol I have nothing to compare it too so to me the jeep will probably feel like a luxury car to me. I love the look of the jeep and being that it’s built for off road I’d for sure use it’s ability to do that down the road 😎

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
I’m not worried about it as much you might think I am, I was only wondering how it would be compared to a bronco. I don’t think any of us are ever interested in jeeps cause of the ride quality lol I have nothing to compare it too so to me the jeep will probably feel like a luxury car to me. I love the look of the jeep and being that it’s built for off road I’d for sure use it’s ability to do that down the road 😎
good to hear. just saying if a 59 year old fart can take it, you won't have a problem. both my sons are older than you LOL....

actually, I would buy/lease the jeep for 3 years and see how Bronco reliability is in 3 years. I refuse to be a beta test for new software, let alone 60-80K vehicles

Sponsored

jessedacri

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White 2dr JL Rubicon 3.6
I will also throw my two cents in here and note that if you opt for a factory leather equipped Wrangler (I guess not offered on Willys), the entire interior gets an upgrade. The dash top, door cards, steering wheel, shifter and e-brake handle, and center console armrest all get more premium, proper leather materials. This is only if you order "Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats", if you see any other offering like "Mopar Perforated Leather" or anything like that, these options get the base interior from the cloth Wranglers.

I have found all of this to be super durable so far over the last 3 years of wheeling, dailying, and running open top / no doors half the year.

OP
OP

migs

First Name
Miguelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet.
I will also throw my two cents in here and note that if you opt for a factory leather equipped Wrangler (I guess not offered on Willys), the entire interior gets an upgrade. The dash top, door cards, steering wheel, shifter and e-brake handle, and center console armrest all get more premium, proper leather materials. This is only if you order "Leather Trimmed Bucket Seats", if you see any other offering like "Mopar Perforated Leather" or anything like that, these options get the base interior from the cloth Wranglers.

I have found all of this to be super durable so far over the last 3 years of wheeling, dailying, and running open top / no doors half the year.
Interesting I did not know that. On the Willy’s it’s not an option unfortunately. On the rubicon it’s an option however. I was recommended to get a standard rubicon and get an aftermarket lift kit as opposed to getting there Willy’s with the xtreme recon, I’ll think it over.

cafecito820

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Exaggerate? I don't.
... Its night and day.
I mean, you kinda just did. That's what I mean. People say shit like "it's night and day" as if driving a Jeep is going to be so wildly different than any other vehicle. My opinion is that it's not, yours is. Oh well.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
So a standard rubicon with 35s and a lift or a Willy’s xr ? Decisions 🤔what would be the benefit of going with the standard rubicon over the Willy’s Xr ?
I can only speak to this question from MY experience: Originally, after deciding on a willys due to the larger rubicon brakes & knowing damn well that I'd probably not see more than forest service roads & would probably never use the FAD, I went in to the dealership to order a willys. when the salesman asked me why the willys & I explained my reasoning, he excused himself for a moment. upon returning, he explained that they had (2) '20 rubis on the lot that they would like to get rid of (I was looking at ordering a '21). although I'll probably never use the FAD & never see much more than forest service roads, I couldn't resist getting one of the "new" '20 rubi's for a little bit less than I would have paid when ordering the willys.
aftermarket bumpers & lighting, on-board air, lift, bigger tires & wheels, sunrider, winch...I now understand why JEEP stands for Just Empty Every Pocket: and it doesn't help that I'm constantly buying parts & accessories for my daughter's '21 Sport S, either

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Just know that this Jeep thing is addictive!
Sponsored