Sponsored

Would like some insight on how it would be to daily a wrangler.

Byrds8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Beach, 2022 JLU High Tide
The wife and I both have the XR package and daily drive them. These are the first SFA vehicles we have ever owned or driven and we love them. They are a bit different when cruising down the interstate at 75+ MPH and take a bit more input but its all good. My wife has driven nothing but minivans for the last 20+ years and now says she wouldnt trade her Jeep for anything, if that tells you anything.
Sponsored

Craigger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Clubs

so im basically cross shopping between a bronco and wrangler. I’ve already decided on what trim and package to get if I were to get a bronco. Now im leaving no stone unturned and looking at a wrangler, so far I’ve been looking at a 4dr Willy’s wrangler with the xtreme recon package. I don’t offroad but much like with the bronco I find value in having it come from factory built to have bigger tires and a lift since I love the look of it and would do it aftermarket anyway. How would the ride quality be with the package as a daily ? Or am I better off going with the Sahara or Willy’s without the xtreme recon? Thanks for the help in advance.
If you're dead set on the Wrangler or the Bronco, I'd go with the Bronco based on you saying you won't off-road much. I daily my JLUXR. It's very comfortable and I usually drive ~67 mph. It feels less stable at this speed than my Porsche does at 90+ mph. But - apples and oranges - just understand you're not buying a speedy transport.

Based on your description, maybe you should consider a Ford Ranger. Will drive much better on-road, still has decent off-road capabilities with the right trim/package and will be much more useful than the Bronco for less money.

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
As far as the OP's question about which engine, they seem to be close enough in capability that you're fine either way. Go with the best deal you can get.

YJdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 YJ 4.0, 2021 JL Willys Sport
There are LITERALLY THOUSANDS of Wranglers being daily driven in my state (Illinois) alone. Probably in Chicago alone. They are a great daily driver, and they're a great off roader. Id be willing to wager less than one percent of all those wranglers ever see more than a mud puddle.
People here use hyperbole when they describe how "awful" a wrangler is on road. If it were remotely as bad as they say you'd see a Jeep off in the ditch every two miles, carnage everywhere.
Get the Wrangler. Nobody ever regretted getting a Jeep. Everyone regrets letting one go.

stojanowski

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor, JK
I've had both... A wildtrak and now the Willy's unlimited with XR and the sound and sun package.

The bronco was originally for the wife. First time we drove it the tire and road noise was insane. Would have switched to A/T if she didn't end up getting rid of it for the Yukon.

No issues with the Xtreme Recon package and sky one touch. I actually think it's quieter than the freedom top. Plus I got it for 50k with the 2.0, I think a pretty good deal.

Depends on how long you want to wait for a Bronco or if you are willing to pay over sticker vs building a jeep getting it in a couple months for under invoice.

Sponsored

Murphydog

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 X3M, 2023 JLUR XR
Clubs

It is true the Jeep has a solid front axle and therefore drives different, however in my experience that difference is subtle and not any where close enough to not love driving my Jeep all the time. For comparison my wife’s car is a BMW X3 M, and she works from home 100% of the time, so I have my choice of cars to drive to work. In the last 3 months I have drove hers to work twice.
May -September provide plenty of perfect weather for top down driving which I absolutely love as well.
Will the Bronco drive smoothly around town? Yup, but in my opinion the difference is small.
One note, if you test drive a Jeep, check the tire pressure. Door jamb sticker will show 37 ( not bad), but many Jeeps come with 45 PSI in the tires. That will make the ride squirrelly for sure! If you go Jeep with XR 35 psi or even a bit less makes a huge difference

enjoy shopping!

AC77

First Name
AC Abegian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Jeep Wrangler diesel Sahara Altitude , 94 MKIV
Occupation
Autobody , singer-songwriter
so im basically cross shopping between a bronco and wrangler. I’ve already decided on what trim and package to get if I were to get a bronco. Now im leaving no stone unturned and looking at a wrangler, so far I’ve been looking at a 4dr Willy’s wrangler with the xtreme recon package. I don’t offroad but much like with the bronco I find value in having it come from factory built to have bigger tires and a lift since I love the look of it and would do it aftermarket anyway. How would the ride quality be with the package as a daily ? Or am I better off going with the Sahara or Willy’s without the xtreme recon? Thanks for the help in advance.
I drive my 22 Sahara Altitude Diesel to work and back. Awesome ride with 33’s and a leveling kit. But dont Expect it to be a Lexus or an S class. It’s a Jeep. Made for what it supposed ta

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
The nice thing about a wrangler is you can go drive one today if you want. Most dealerships will have at least a few around

The end, Drive what makes you happiest.

SnowyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU Sport S
I just have a question, as far an engine choices go which is the better choice ? The 3.6L v6 or the 2.04l turbo engine
This is such a highly debated topic because there isn't a clear winner. When the 2.0T was new it had the drawback of being unproven, but that's no longer the case.

I've driven both and both are good. (The V6 sounds a lot nicer, though.) If you're buying used/off the lot, just go with whatever is available. If you're buying new, go with the cheaper engine and add in some other features to your build. (I honestly don't know which is the cheaper engine so I'm unbiased in saying this.)

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
If you want ride quality, buy the Bronco..hands down.

Sponsored

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I have nothing higher end to really compare to the jeep to so to me I won’t notice anything. This will be my first vehicle. I do know I love the look of it and the ability to take the top off in the summer. I always turn my head when I see a wrangler, one of the only cars that make me do that. I just have a question, as far an engine choices go which is the better choice ? The 3.6L v6 or the 2.04l turbo engine
I was fortunate enough to get the 2.0T with etorque so I dont have that annoying aux battery, but the 48v instead. I love it. Does it sound like a lawn mower? Absolutely. during The winter on a cold start, does there appear to be a knocking sound? Yep! Somehow that is normal though 😂. I’ve had both though and there is definitely more pep in the 2.0T. Both seem like good engines though.

COJeeper

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR, '23 Donkey because gas is too expensive
Clubs

Ford Bronco = comfort. There’s no denying that. I still love my keep though. I’m not rich, I can’t afford 3 cars so I DD my Jeep and I love it! Definitely the least comfortable vehicle I’ve ever owned though.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
First off I have good friend that is a full on Ford guy he has a 22 F350 Tremor and a stock 17 Rubicon. He's put a fair amount of miles on his cousin's 22 Bronco Sasquatch and my 22 JLU. He was impressed with the acceleration of the Bronco (2.7) but that's about it. In a nut shell he feels like the Bronco has some serious quality issues that need to be addressed before he'd ever considder one.
IMO for the cost of the XR package you could get yourself a Rubicon thendo your own mods. 35's and a lift are are easy to add compared to all the other goodies you get with a Rubi. Building "your" jeep is half the fun and the Rubi is the perfect platform. Find a lift that fits your needs, then pick out some sick (as my kids would say) wheels and tires.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
You only live once. My fiancé is about 4’10 so I most definitely will have to do the same thing 😂I’m just gonna go for it and get the wrangler. My mother in law has a friend who’s a salesman at jeep, she’s always gotten her jeep from him. So I might even be able to get a good deal. Heading over there this weekend to potentially place a custom order
BEFORE you place an order, there's a thread in here (ratbert?) showing various dealers and what kind of pricing they're offering (some as much as 7% UNDER msrp or invoice): check out the thread, make some inquiriews & THEN go see your dealer friend...be surprised what having knowledge ahead of time can accomplish as far as getting the best deal

Mudduck

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys 4door
Favorite Wrangler activity: When the traffic stops and there's median, I'm in the middle of it. I daily my Willys, and I have forgotten what a plush ride feels like. wouldn't trade it for anything.
Sponsored