Sponsored

Would a rubicon take offs level my sport rake at all?

scuba264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Altitude
I have a JLU Sport that I added an aftermarket bumper and winch. I've got about 1" difference in the front. Picked up some rubicon take offs from a local guy. I had bought a .75" and .5" set of spacers planning to just get a little closer to level, but when I showed up he also threw in a 2" set of spacers he had. Can I expect any difference in the rake going from sport to rubi springs on their own? Wondered if they were a little more stiff to support the rubi bumpers and might come out a little more level. Guess I'm hoping it'll help some and I can just pop in the 2" spacers without dealing with the small offset ones I grabbed.
Sponsored

ScottieGfunk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on which rubi coils you got. Did they come from a rubi with steel bumpers? I also did a rubi swap to my sport and have a steel aftermarket bumper and winch. I put in a 1/2" spacer to help level it out. Wish I had gone with a 3/4" spacer with the front weight.

OP
OP
scuba264

scuba264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Altitude
Depends on which rubi coils you got. Did they come from a rubi with steel bumpers? I also did a rubi swap to my sport and have a steel aftermarket bumper and winch. I put in a 1/2" spacer to help level it out. Wish I had gone with a 3/4" spacer with the front weight.
So I guess that answers my question...you're saying you put the suspension on and still had the same rake then? His jeep was steel bumper and hard top. Didn't have the tags on the front springs, but the back are the 90/91. Not like its that dramatic, I hadn't even noticed until I read it pointed out on here lol, but it IS an inch difference. Thanks

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I have a JLU Sport that I added an aftermarket bumper and winch. I've got about 1" difference in the front. Picked up some rubicon take offs from a local guy. I had bought a .75" and .5" set of spacers planning to just get a little closer to level, but when I showed up he also threw in a 2" set of spacers he had. Can I expect any difference in the rake going from sport to rubi springs on their own? Wondered if they were a little more stiff to support the rubi bumpers and might come out a little more level. Guess I'm hoping it'll help some and I can just pop in the 2" spacers without dealing with the small offset ones I grabbed.
Did you get some shock extension brackets w/ those Spacers? With a 2" spacer on top of those Rubicon springs your Rubicon shocks probably won't be long enough if you flex out that suspension.

OP
OP
scuba264

scuba264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 White JLU Altitude
Did you get some shock extension brackets w/ those Spacers? With a 2" spacer on top of those Rubicon springs your Rubicon shocks probably won't be long enough if you flex out that suspension.
Good question but yeah, its the full kit with bump stop spacers and brackets to extend the shocks. Got the full deal from him so I'll be good to go!

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Good question but yeah, its the full kit with bump stop spacers and brackets to extend the shocks. Got the full deal from him so I'll be good to go!
Nice! Should have plenty of room to roam!

ScottieGfunk

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
So I guess that answers my question...you're saying you put the suspension on and still had the same rake then? His jeep was steel bumper and hard top. Didn't have the tags on the front springs, but the back are the 90/91. Not like its that dramatic, I hadn't even noticed until I read it pointed out on here lol, but it IS an inch difference. Thanks
Well I never put the Rubi suspension on by itself. I put the spacer on at the same time, but yes the factory rake would have been similar if I had not put in the spacer. I think the Rubi suspension takes out some of the factory Sport rake but certainly not all. I think a 3/4" spacer would be perfect if you have a heavy steel bumper and winch.
Jeep Wrangler JL Would a rubicon take offs level my sport rake at all? PXL_20210911_000856081
Sponsored