Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

me109stock

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 6-Speed Manual; 2008 Ford F450; 2003 Porsche Boxster S
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is 5-8 - I installed Rock Slide Engineering steps on my Rubicon and she loves them. My 88 yo mom was able to get in and out!

taram

First Name
Marat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 2020 2.2 Diesel Punk'n RHD
Rock Slide Engineering Power steps - you'll forget that it's a tall vehicle :)
P.S. Another great thing about them is that besides the power step the main body serves as a second step making entering Jeep even more convenient. The stock Rubicon rock-sliders do not provide this and you have to step into the vehicle straight from the ground. I'm 5'11" and still wasn't too happy without the RSE steps.
P.P.S. No lift, just 35" tires
P.P.P.S. My wife is 6'1" , also enjoys the power steps 😎

Last edited:

Sand Flea

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited, Sahara
Occupation
Federal Firefighter, Retired
My wife is 5'6" and she uses the factory running boards and grab handles to get in.
Easy.

IMG_1221.jpeg

Lamb_8167

First Name
Linette
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited Recon
I'm 5'3" and own a Rubicon Recon. I use the grab handle along with the extended rock rails to get in. No issue for me.

Sponsored

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
and where did you put that hand? ;)

in some seriousness, i've known couples where the gent would help his petite lady into the J**p with a tactfully placed hand on her rear, and claimed it helped keep their marriage alive.

my wife is, well, she'll say she's 5'4", so lets go with that. i'm always there to help her at her door, but she's also a Black Belt and manages just fine on our slightly lifted Willys by using the grab handle on the A Pillar.

no. Mine gets in an out of my jeep on 37’s Just fine. We went out the other night and she was in leather pants and 4” heels and just asked for a hand.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
and where did you put that hand? ;)

in some seriousness, i've known couples where the gent would help his petite lady into the J**p with a tactfully placed hand on her rear, and claimed it helped keep their marriage alive.

my wife is, well, she'll say she's 5'4", so lets go with that. i'm always there to help her at her door, but she's also a Black Belt and manages just fine on our slightly lifted Willys by using the grab handle on the A Pillar.
yep 😏 that night ended up pretty good for me.

MNWrangx2

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon, 2013 JK Wrangler Unlimited Freedom
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
My daughter is under 5' and my JLR is lifted and on 35's, and she gets in fine to the front or back. Side rock rails with steps in them do help a lot.

I have Deegan 38 rock slider/steps (which also have lights in them!); cost $400 (but I see ~$350 now; they also have some new tube version). However, they do require the frame bolts, so install is a bit tougher than it should be.
https://www.extremeterrain.com/deegan-38-jeep-wrangler-jl-rock-sliders.html

Sponsored

Driftyd

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler JL rubicon
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
My wife is 5’4” and she has never had a problem getting in and out of my Rubicon and I have a 2 inch lift but I also have sidesteps.

wizardfitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys

WendiN

First Name
Wendi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Sahara 4cyl 2.0 turbo
I’m only 5’3, and I didn’t have a problem. Now that I have installed a 3 1/2” MetalCloak lift it is a bit challenging. But the grab handles help!

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several