Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Ordered the Rubicon. Thanks for all the feedback.
Hi Randy, did you take the wife to a dealer to check one out in person before ordering?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
5 pages and not one member has summoned jeepcares about this

we are failing as a community.
What good would that do?? You would just get the standard reply, of them caring, and for you to send them a private message to vent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thunderjet

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Hi Randy, did you take the wife to a dealer to check one out in person before ordering?
No, ordered from a dealer in a different state. She was able to get inside our JK easily but it wasn’t a Rubicon. Just trying to my best to keep her happy. She actually wished I hadn’t ordered it but I know if she can get in and out easily she will warm up to it and enjoy driving it.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
No, ordered from a dealer in a different state. She was able to get inside our JK easily but it wasn’t a Rubicon. Just trying to my best to keep her happy. She actually wished I hadn’t ordered it but I know if she can get in and out easily she will warm up to it and enjoy driving it.
I wish you luck Randy and hope that she likes it.

Later,
Johnny

cocaine_white

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You should be fine. Im 5' 5ish and my rubicon is lifted 2.5" with 37s and i have no issues. Add sliders with a step and she'll be fine. Also all my kids can climb in too. Eventually 🤣

Armsbearer

First Name
Ricci
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Willys, 2021 Gladiator Mojave
My 68 yr young wife is 5'2" and she has no problem climbing in and out of our stock 2018 JLR Rubicon. I think it is all in the technique.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
What good would that do?? You would just get the standard reply, of them caring, and for you to send them a private message to vent.
This is funny because it’s true. @JimLee posted a sarcastic response about brake squeal giving him a headache in the Tacoma thread and JeepCares asked if he’d gone to the dealership to have it looked at. LOL.

Sponsored

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
If a 5’-4” guy can do it you 5-6 wife should be able to! Also, my 5’ wife gets in and out pretty good to and we are both over 70😎

Rubicon20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
My wife is 5'3" and fit but 60, and complains about getting in the Rubicon. Since it is now her daily driver, (Picked up a Ram pick up ;-)) so I had to accommodate her with some steps. So grabbed a set of the LOD armor lites and thats helped a little but she still complains so now I have to get the drop steps. Sigh...... (Which to me are all overpriced but anyway, like the look)

I asked if she wanted me to put in an escalator instead, didn't go over too well.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My 68 yr young wife is 5'2" and she has no problem climbing in and out of our stock 2018 JLR Rubicon. I think it is all in the technique.
Exactly. My 5'-3/4" tall wife turns 59 in a few months and has no trouble getting in/out of her 2020 JLURR.

Archie PJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Punk"n
I would suggest something outside to step on to "stand up" and simultaneously pull on a grab handle. That's my wife's (about same height) and my method of saddling up. I was a bit undecided when we first were looking about the outside steps/rails---I'm not tall enough to get in without stepping on them, even tiptoed to lift one cheek higher:LOL:, because my outside leg would always touch the step/rail that might be dirty and therefore get on my pants. Ultimately, we've learned to like the step/rail using it as a step.

Hound Dog

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon, 2002 TJ Rustomatic
I asked my wife. She is 5'2" and said it would be harder without my side steps. She gets into my TJ ok though.

Be a gentleman, grab her by the ass and give her a boost! :CWL:
Sponsored