Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
My wife is 5-2” and its a little bit of work for her to climb in the jeep. The LOD destroyers really help her climbing in, it gives her a place to step while dragging herself in.

Jeep Wrangler JL Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon? 323597E4-0CD3-4505-AC65-BD04B603AF42
Sponsored

cabnfvr

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
We have the Mopar Rock Sliders that Notorious mentioned earlier on a Sport S with Rubi tires and suspension. The factory rock rails are pricy but they are good quality and make a fine step. Just don't ArmorAll them. :)

Ingress will depend a lot on age and how good her knees are. Like many have said let her try a few at the dealer.

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
My wife's DD is a 2020 Rubicon Recon. She's 5'-3/4" and has no trouble getting in and out of it. It's all about technique.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
i really love those... has anyone found an actual installation video? I am wondering how complex the install is. At just under 2k id hate to have to pay more to get them installed as I'm far from handy. The promo video advises its simple with no drilling slicing ect but id like to see it actually done before dropping 2k
Check these out.

Bubba looks real serious but his videos are hilarious.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Height has less to do with it than age. We are older (almost 60) & wife is 5'4". I installed OE Mopar side boards after having my Sport about two weeks. It helps her & she sure uses them.

Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I wish I had ordered these.
To be fair, I considered a few others. There are plenty out there but these are perfect for my passengers. Especially with the mopar grab handles. Also consider how good corrosion protection is on whatever else you’re looking at and stepping in and out during inclement weather.

Htfan

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S - 3.6L
Vehicle Showcase
Height has less to do with it than age. We are older (almost 60) & wife is 5'4". I installed OE Mopar side boards after having my Sport about two weeks. It helps her & she sure uses them.
Absolutely agree. Has less to do with age and height. More to do with attitude and physical shape.

My 5'4" wife loves getting in the JLU (Rubicon height).

Eeshasdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Diesel Rubicon
My wife is 4'9" and nearing 60. With the assist of the RSE steps and grab handles, she has no trouble getting in. Of course that is stock. As I write this, my Evo Coilovers and Dynatrac axles are being install along with 37" Nittos. So we will have to see how she does now. :LOL:

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
New member here but this is a joke right???????
No. I recall someone had them for the rear doors so his young kids could hop in, what ever works, sacrafices must be made so the family can enjoy the Jeep!

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Wife and I are both 5'6". I have no issue getting in and out but she didn't appreciate it so we added a step slider. In the not-recommended pile, the GoRhino ones I have are not great. They haven't held up well on the rocks and were a real pain to get on. I'd go with the ACE ones honestly if I was going to do it again.
I’d avoid the Ace sliders. I have them and they look like they were welded by a 3rd grader. They’re holding up fine but cosmetically they’re pretty poor quality. Check out LOD if you want quality stuff. I have front and rear bumpers from them and they are amazing.

Aloha Offroad

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Vehicle Showcase
My wife is 5' and had no problem hopping into my lifted Rubicon. In fact, she liked the Rubicon so much, she bought one for herself. *Mopar grab handles help to get into the Jeep though.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
My wife is 5’5”, 56 years old, and has had two back surgeries. My Rubicon has the Mopar lift and 37s, so the seat is about 4.5” taller than stock. She uses the grab handle and steps on the rock rail to get in. No problem. Stock is a breeze.

OP
OP
Thunderjet

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Ordered the Rubicon. Thanks for all the feedback.
Wife is almost 64 and I will be 68. Just wanted to make sure she wouldn’t be turned off if she had issues getting up and in.
Sponsored

Last edited: