Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

JimmyZ

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2-Door JL Snazzberry Rubicon
Barricade rock sliders with step, they've held up great to rocks and mount to the body mounts, far stronger than the factory rubicon rails that mount to the pinch seem. ~$350 shipped if I recall correctly.
IMG_20201128_155600_277.jpg
I will check them out too thanks
Sponsored

Tech Tim

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4x4 of all kinds
Occupation
Part of the Northridge4x4 team
These are at the top end of the dollar range, but wives everywhere love them.....

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Here's one for you:

My JLUR is sitting 4.25" above stock height, plus it's rolling a set of near true 38's which adds about another 2.75" over stock tires. My wife is 4'10.75". I added a set of LOD Destroyer sliders, which serve as rock protection and a step that she needs to get in. It's a bit of a yoga stretch for her, but doable. She can nearly walk right under the side mirrors without hitting her head. :CWL: You'll all be just fine. Lol!
Jeep Wrangler JL Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon? 20200813_083329

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
Here's one for you:

My JLUR is sitting 4.25" above stock height, plus it's rolling a set of near true 38's which adds about another 2.75" over stock tires. My wife is 4'10.75". I added a set of LOD Destroyer sliders, which serve as rock protection and a step that she needs to get in. It's a bit of a yoga stretch for her, but doable. She can nearly walk right under the side mirrors without hitting her head. :CWL: You'll all be just fine. Lol!
Jeep Wrangler JL Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon? 20200813_083329
winner.

just don't forget the one touch. It's akin to the dimmer/stereo on combo in your den.

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Sponsored

oldcjguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Challenger Hellcat, 19 Challenger Scatpack, 20 JLUR Recon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I wish I had ordered these. Just $1k scared me away. Looking back now, I should have ordered these because I'm gonna end up spending at least $1k anyway and now I'm gonna have to do the labor dooooh. Oh well, live and learn
Nah, look at rock sliders from other companies. They're far less for REALLY good ones. I'm looking at changing mine to the Rockhard 4x4 Patriot sliders. There are a bunch of them out there that can also be used with steps. Plenty that have an actual step built in.

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

im 5'6". everyone in my family is shorter than me lol. i had rubicon springs and wheels/tires and had no real issues. now i have 35s. i mostly bought steps for everyone else as well as easier to operate the soft top.

these are easy peasy to bolt in and make great platforms to stand on. i have bashed them on rocks pretty hard. only scrapes on them. not bent at all. ive also jacked up my jeep by them.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/westin/snyper-triple-tube-rock-rails-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited-4-door

since i got them a few friends got the same as well after trying mine.

i installed these quadratec steps on a friends jeep. super simple install. everything lined up perfectly. theyre heavy duty but i dont think theyre mounted to the jeep for serious bashing. work great as a step though which is what my buddy needed. these are simple enough a cavewoman could install them.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/qrc-side-armor-step-jeep-wrangler-jl-unlimited

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
My wife is also 5’6” and she had absolutely no trouble whatsoever getting in the Jeep.
I'm 6'4" and I have to stretch to get into my Sport with 33s. When I add Rubicon springs I'm going to have to help my wife in.

No IFS

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Look honey, get your butt up in the Jeep. Anonymous people online told me you can get in and out no problem. So get with it. Lol think about it.

Sponsored

Tank the Jeep

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
My wife is 5'2" and my JLURD has 2" lift and 37s. The RSE power steps were a necessity. And totally worth it.

rocklobster

First Name
Tristan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray,Rubicon,Manual,1974 Jensen Interceptor.previously 2007 Steel blue JKU,2010 Stone white JKU,2013 JKU Rock Lobster,Sahara,
My 43 year old girlfriend is a shade UNDER 5 feet!... (general physical ability is as much a factor as height ) she has no issue getting into my stock Rubicon Unlimited, it was not so easy at the start but she is pretty fit and found what worked for her, now jumps in and out without an issue

I am not a fan of side steps, I had the standard fixed ones on my previous Sahara but I didn't use them, I always stepped directly into the Jeep and up (and I am only 5' 8") ....only thing they helped with was creating more laundry because getting out they rubbed mud down my jeans!.. :giggle:

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
My wife is 5'6" and I am 5'11". I would recommend getting the Rock Sliders with Step Assist and the Mopar Grab Handles. It is harder for her as she also has a slight knee injury that may require surgery once she is in her 40s. Luckily still got a couple of years for that lol.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
i really love those... has anyone found an actual installation video? I am wondering how complex the install is. At just under 2k id hate to have to pay more to get them installed as I'm far from handy. The promo video advises its simple with no drilling slicing ect but id like to see it actually done before dropping 2k
I watched the YT video. I am not mechanically inclined whatsoever and I did it. Extra hands for about 5 minutes a side is nice but I did it myself. Took me about 5 hours all it taking my time and watching the video.
Sponsored