Sponsored

Would 5'6" wife have issues climbing in / out of Rubicon?

OP
OP
Thunderjet

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
If you need the Rubicon over the sport, you should not buy these. They're a “step” in the wrong direction.
I need a 4th vehicle in our 2 person household like I need a hole in my head, lol
Sponsored

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Rubicon is approximately 1 1/2 inches taller than regular models. I am 5'07 and I've never had a problem. However, each person is different. Go visit a dealer. Even if you test a JLUR (uccck) it'll give you a good idea. Oh, I ordered the Mopar grab handles to assist too. Well worth the $50
I remember picking up a girlfriend Sunday morning for church in my 1978 CJ-7 and had to pull up to her porch so she could step in since she couldn't modestly climb in because of her short tight dress.

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
I remember picking up a girlfriend Sunday morning for church in my 1978 CJ-7 and had to pull up to her porch so she could step in since she couldn't modestly climb in because of her short tight dress.
I have a 2" lift on my Sport S with 33's and my 5'1" wife climbs on in, no problem. Shouldnt be an issue. If it is, leave her at home :)
I have a 2" lift on my Sport S with 33's and my 5'1" wife climbs on in, no problem. Shouldnt be an issue. If it is, leave her at home :)

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
Jeeps come in different heights based on tires suspension etc. so do wife’s and girlfriends. You could solve the problem buy purchasing 2 Jeeps. A Rubicon for you and the girlfriend that’s taller and a regular jeep for the wife. Of course you would open yourself up for a butt load of other problems. IMHO. 🤣

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
What are you going to do with it. Are you gonna go crawling. if not, get some running boards and forget the rock sliders, you won't need them. i had a JK rubi and had rock sliders on it. never used them. I now have a JL sport s. i bought some running boards from mopar and put them on and my 5.1 in wife has no problem using them to get into it.
.....jmho

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thunderjet

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
What are you going to do with it. Are you gonna go crawling. if not, get some running boards and forget the rock sliders, you won't need them. i had a JK rubi and had rock sliders on it. never used them. I now have a JL sport s. i bought some running boards from mopar and put them on and my 5.1 in wife has no problem using them to get into it.
.....jmho
Read post #106

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
My wife is 5'6. Would she have trouble getting into and out of a JL Rubicon compared to a Sport S?
I'm 5'6" no Rubicon but a 2019 JLU, no problems getting in and out. Previous was a 2007 JK with a 3" lift with 35" tires and still no problems. We put the Mopar side steps on it but to keep some of the road crap from spraying up on the sides in the winter. Actually those helped my husband after he had total knee replacement get in the passenger side.

tcass

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S
I'm 5'6" no Rubicon but a 2019 JLU, no problems getting in and out. Previous was a 2007 JK with a 3" lift with 35" tires and still no problems. We put the Mopar side steps on it but to keep some of the road crap from spraying up on the sides in the winter. Actually those helped my husband after he had total knee replacement get in the passenger side.
my wife likes them also, in fact, she made me get some for her 2019 Grand Cherokee Limited it came without running boards, go figure....besides, they help you get the top if you hand wash every now and then.....lol

Sponsored

Somefun

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubicon
My wife is 5.3 and she drives a 21 JL Rubicon. She hops up a little bit loves it.

JanetsJLU

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
These Step/Sliders from Shrockworks help getting in/out for the wife and the kids. My wife is 5'3 and these came in handy even at stock height.

slider pic .jpg

Skuehn

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I am 5’4, didn’t have a problem getting in but wanted to get my elderly parents in for Dr. Apt. and what not so bought amp research running boards.
Sponsored