Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
hey everyone,

I currently have my order set and my dealer has my $1000 deposit, but I am delayed due to wanting the Ocean Blue painted hard top. At this point I will be most likely waiting another 2 months AT THE LEAST.

Is it worth it to hold off to get the BSG with the V6 in 2019?

Will Ocean Blue even be available next year?
Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Yes! I love all of the early adopters! They are discovering flaws that will be corrected in the next model year. Well all of the things that are not Jeep Things...lol.

Also most if not all of the options not yet available will be ready for 2019 MY.

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
Not sure. 2019 might have a whole new list of gremlins with the intro of the BSG. However, they are just components. I can deal with that. But how much will the generator or battery cost to replace when its out of warranty? These questions haunt my mind.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Not sure. 2019 might have a whole new list of gremlins with the intro of the BSG. However, they are just components. I can deal with that. But how much will the generator or battery cost to replace when its out of warranty? These questions haunt my mind.
BSG is actually a reason why I'm trying to get a late 2018. Which hopefully does have many bugs worked out. I figure some improvements ought to be made six months into production. I'm looking for the simplest, most reliable JL possible.

Rambeaux

First Name
John J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Willys JKU
Occupation
Aircraft Doctor
BSG is actually a reason why I'm trying to get a late 2018. Which hopefully does have many bugs worked out. I figure some improvements ought to be made six months into production. I'm looking for the simplest, most reliable JL possible.
I like that plan. Likely to be the road I take.

Sponsored

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
hey everyone,

I currently have my order set and my dealer has my $1000 deposit, but I am delayed due to wanting the Ocean Blue painted hard top. At this point I will be most likely waiting another 2 months AT THE LEAST.

Is it worth it to hold off to get the BSG with the V6 in 2019?

Will Ocean Blue even be available next year?
I believe some folks on the forum have said Ocean Blue is available now to order with matching hard top. Maybe someone that ordered one can confirm.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Of course it makes sense to wait until 2019.

OP
OP
Schmeegz

Schmeegz

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Ocean Blue Metallic)
But I didn’t/couldn’t wait. I’ve been stalking the new jeeps for over a year already. I ordered on March 3rd. Yes Ocean Blue w matching top

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Of course it makes sense to wait until 2019.
Sure, waiting is always a good idea! (Not sarcastic, yes it is sound advice, even if I'm not following it!)

Sponsored

Jrbrannan

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue 2008 Highlander Hybrid (previously several CJ-7, YJ, TJ, JK)
Vehicle Showcase
#1 I am guessing the BSG will add a chunk of change extra. #2 a 48 volt battery hanging out underneath the Jeep doesn't make me feel comfortable. #3 there is a bumper to bumper warranty for a reason. Jeep has already increased the price by $750 as of March 1st. That will pay for nearly half of a lifetime warranty.

So I rolled the dice and ordered one a month ago. Should be here this week.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
Midyear introductions generally don’t have significant changes in the next model year. Maybe a new color, or different package of options.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Midyear introductions generally don’t have significant changes in the next model year. Maybe a new color, or different package of options.
You are talking about feature changes. I bet there are 100 small things they or their suppliers change from the first 2018 off the line to the first 2019.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
You are talking about feature changes. I bet there are 100 small things they or their suppliers change from the first 2018 off the line to the first 2019.
Those changes will probably be in before the end of this model year. You won’t need to wait until August to order a JL that has them.
Sponsored