Sponsored

Worth waiting for 2019 MY?

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I was raised to not put off something for tomorrow that can be done today.

Will there be more "stuff" ................ maybe
Will some issue be fixed .................. hopefully
Will you not be enjoying JL now ..... absolutely
Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Well it appears we will be paying more on average for the 2019 MY....shocking!!! :facepalm:

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I was raised to not put off something for tomorrow that can be done today.

Will there be more "stuff" ................ maybe
Will some issue be fixed .................. hopefully
Will you not be enjoying JL now ..... absolutely
That’s the sentiment behind every compulsive buying decision.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, my thought exactly.

The saying quoted by @LeaN69 is supposed to apply to getting work done. Not to buying toys.

Delayed gratification.
You guys sound like my wife, ask for opinion and then try to justify what you want to do anyway :stop:

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
You guys sound like my wife, ask for opinion and then try to justify what you want to do anyway :stop:
Lol. No. Just saying your “philosophy” sounds like an excuse to justify an impulse buy. But, to each their own! You are correct that buying a 2018 gets you a Jeep sooner than buying a 2019.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Lots of pros and cons. I didn't order in the first wave because I was waiting for Sting-Gray. It cost me a lot and if I was still waiting it would have cost me even more:

- $500 Golden Ticket I couldn't use
- $250 BonusDrive because they changed the rules
- I ordered 1 day before the March 1 cost increase, and there has been another cost increase on some models since
- Mine was delivered 1 day before the residuals went down in May

So that's a couple of grand. I think the longer you wait the more you pay. Could be worth it for lots of reasons, but expect to pay more.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Lots of pros and cons. I didn't order in the first wave because I was waiting for Sting-Gray. It cost me a lot and if I was still waiting it would have cost me even more:

- I ordered 1 day before the March 1 cost increase, and there has been another cost increase on some models since

So that's a couple of grand. I think the longer you wait the more you pay. Could be worth it for lots of reasons, but expect to pay more.
This is very true. I’m experiencing the same thing, almost identical except for my order was 6 days after the first price increase.

If I were buying instead of leasing, I’d tell myself not to sweat it because the delay just means more money to put down on the vehicle meaning less interest. But, as a leaser, that doesn’t apply at all - lol.

So, for me, it comes down to hoping for additional features in 2019 and/or minor fixes to issues from 2018s and/or hopefully improved leasing numbers at the MY reset.

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My Rubicon was 44,465. Ordered March 22nd, received May 25th. Glad I didn't wait! Zero issues, (with the exception of the inability to accurately know it's location!) May 25th 1:15 dealer tells me it is in Alorton, Illinois. 3:00 same day dealer calls and says the Jeep is on his lot in Valencua, CA. ready to pick up!
So far exactly ' none' of the issues written about on the forum have shown their head. 3200 miles and counting. Nothing but smiles! I will have cramps from smiling by the time the 2019's come out.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
2018 vs 2019 $2000 difference

Lets put this waiting thing into perspective, my Sahara had a msrp of $49,225 in January minus $500 bonus drive cash and $500 golden ticket making a net msrp of $48,225.

Now that same Jeep would have an msrp of $50,475 minus $250 bonus cash since it went down, no golden ticket so new msrp of $50,225.

So, in 6 months price gone from $48,225 to $50,225, now let that sink in.

Exactly $2000 more and who knows what a 2019 will be!
That’s another full year of $48k Jeep payments and no adaptive cruise. I’m fine living with that another year.

Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

I feel your pain same thing happened to me.

While contemplating (more like trying to get rid of my truck) Price went up $750

+$750 price increase
+$500 lost in golden ticket
+$250 lost in bonus drive (was 500 - changed to 250)
+APR increase of 0.25% (about $300 over the length of term)
In total I paid $1,800 more because of 2 months which I needed to sell my pickup.

If I were to do it now it would go like this:
+$500 price increase
+$250 (no bonusdrive - looks like my credit unions are no longer on the list)
+APR increase of 1.00% ( $1,259 over the length of term)
in total $2,009 more or combined $3,809.

what ever anyone does just make sure there are no regrets in the future.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I feel your pain same thing happened to me.

While contemplating (more like trying to get rid of my truck) Price went up $750

+$750 price increase
+$500 lost in golden ticket
+$250 lost in bonus drive (was 500 - changed to 250)
+APR increase of 0.25% (about $300 over the length of term)
In total I paid $1,800 more because of 2 months which I needed to sell my pickup.

If I were to do it now it would go like this:
+$500 price increase
+$250 (no bonusdrive - looks like my credit unions are no longer on the list)
+APR increase of 1.00% ( $1,259 over the length of term)
in total $2,009 more or combined $3,809.

what ever anyone does just make sure there are no regrets in the future.
But how much are you saving in payments? Either you’re still paying down your truck and gaining equity, or you have no payment and you’re banking the entire Jeep payment for every month you don’t have a Jeep.

MojitoJLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Mojito
Just an FYI for anyone considering waiting, from people I've talked to, the 2019 Rubicon will have the optional Selec-Trac transfer case. This was the one option that almost had me pick the Sahara over the Rubicon due to living in Michigan and needing AWD more often.

bobzdar

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Rubicon X 4XE, '23 Defender 130
A late production 18 will most likely be ringed out as far as issues we have heard about! On that note if they were going to make me wait that long either I would expect a huge discount or may actually wait of a 19
They're selling every single one they can build, I highly doubt there will be any discounts.

I don't know that it's worth waiting for adaptive cruise control as so far that's all I see different. If they announce some colors that would actually be available, that might be different, but I got tired of waiting for the power soft top so bought one off the lot in May.

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But how much are you saving in payments? Either you’re still paying down your truck and gaining equity, or you have no payment and you’re banking the entire Jeep payment for every month you don’t have a Jeep.
Not relevant since everyones scenario will be different depending on term / downpayment / amount financed and so on. Also bonus drive is a rebate that wouldn't be calculated into initial transaction.

However if you wish disregard all that and use my situation as example the payments would be $596 - $623 - $648 respectively with $623/mo being my actual payment.

Also I just remembered that we lost Engine Block Heater with Cold weather Package so another -$100 there.

Also I had a payment on my truck so I never had a payment free month going from one vehicle to the next.
Sponsored