Worth waiting for 2019 MY?

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Tomorrow is 133 days or 19 weeks, since my order was placed. My case manager says it is built and released but he is the only one. Both tracking services and my dealer still have it in D1. Maybe July or August I will be in my new 2 door. I would bet the backlog of 2 doors plays a role in the 19my production

Advertisement

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
A late production 18 will most likely be ringed out as far as issues we have heard about! On that note if they were going to make me wait that long either I would expect a huge discount or may actually wait of a 19

HardRock

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Rubicon JK Hard Rock Edition (FL); 2018 Rubicon JL (CA)
hey everyone,

I currently have my order set and my dealer has my $1000 deposit, but I am delayed due to wanting the Ocean Blue painted hard top. At this point I will be most likely waiting another 2 months AT THE LEAST.

Is it worth it to hold off to get the BSG with the V6 in 2019?

Will Ocean Blue even be available next year?
OK, so order in August/September and wait another 93 days if you want a 2-door. Order now!

RRAGES

First Name
George
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Man I have to be honest with you, the more I drive my JL the more I absolutely love it! I now have 3500 miles on it and have even taken a long trip to Florida and back. Been in the shop twice for warranty repairs now corrected and she is perfect in all respects. It is fully loaded and has every option I could possibly want. There is no way I would have waited for a 2019 as I just plain love this one too much.

In closing I gotta say I love the guys calling us early adopters, it's really that they have a need to convince themselves they aren't missing anything by waiting. Well, I have something they don't have, ownership of a JK and a JL. And, I can tell you those that wait are absolutely missing out so jump in the water is great!
Almost 5000 on my Sahara JLU with zero problems. Superior to every vehicle I’ve ever owned - and that is a bunch.

aug0211

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo, JLUR 4xe
I plan to wait for a 2019.

Why not wait for a few extra months, at this point? I guess if there are no new features you want, and you're happy with the deal you can get now, go for it.

I am excited about Advanced Safety Group, so a 2019er makes sense for me. Who knows what other new features will be available.

As a leaser, I'm also hoping residuals climb back up for 2019s when they are brand new vs. where 2018s are now that they're more than half way through a model year.

I have two 2018 VINs I'm tracking as custom orders, but already talked with my dealer and he understands why a 2018 no longer makes sense for me, and is fine with waiting until 2019.

LeaN69

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StinGray (GONE)
I was raised to not put off something for tomorrow that can be done today.

Will there be more "stuff" ................ maybe
Will some issue be fixed .................. hopefully
Will you not be enjoying JL now ..... absolutely

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Well it appears we will be paying more on average for the 2019 MY....shocking!!! :facepalm:

Majestic

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I was raised to not put off something for tomorrow that can be done today.

Will there be more "stuff" ................ maybe
Will some issue be fixed .................. hopefully
Will you not be enjoying JL now ..... absolutely
That’s the sentiment behind every compulsive buying decision.

aug0211

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo, JLUR 4xe
That’s the sentiment behind every compulsive buying decision.
Lol, my thought exactly.

The saying quoted by @LeaN69 is supposed to apply to getting work done. Not to buying toys.

Delayed gratification.

LeaN69

First Name
Russ
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR StinGray (GONE)
Lol, my thought exactly.

The saying quoted by @LeaN69 is supposed to apply to getting work done. Not to buying toys.

Delayed gratification.
You guys sound like my wife, ask for opinion and then try to justify what you want to do anyway :stop:

aug0211

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo, JLUR 4xe
You guys sound like my wife, ask for opinion and then try to justify what you want to do anyway :stop:
Lol. No. Just saying your “philosophy” sounds like an excuse to justify an impulse buy. But, to each their own! You are correct that buying a 2018 gets you a Jeep sooner than buying a 2019.

ThirtyOne

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Lots of pros and cons. I didn't order in the first wave because I was waiting for Sting-Gray. It cost me a lot and if I was still waiting it would have cost me even more:

- $500 Golden Ticket I couldn't use
- $250 BonusDrive because they changed the rules
- I ordered 1 day before the March 1 cost increase, and there has been another cost increase on some models since
- Mine was delivered 1 day before the residuals went down in May

So that's a couple of grand. I think the longer you wait the more you pay. Could be worth it for lots of reasons, but expect to pay more.

aug0211

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Turbo, JLUR 4xe
Lots of pros and cons. I didn't order in the first wave because I was waiting for Sting-Gray. It cost me a lot and if I was still waiting it would have cost me even more:

- $500 Golden Ticket I couldn't use
- $250 BonusDrive because they changed the rules
- I ordered 1 day before the March 1 cost increase, and there has been another cost increase on some models since
- Mine was delivered 1 day before the residuals went down in May

So that's a couple of grand. I think the longer you wait the more you pay. Could be worth it for lots of reasons, but expect to pay more.
This is very true. I’m experiencing the same thing, almost identical except for my order was 6 days after the first price increase.

If I were buying instead of leasing, I’d tell myself not to sweat it because the delay just means more money to put down on the vehicle meaning less interest. But, as a leaser, that doesn’t apply at all - lol.

So, for me, it comes down to hoping for additional features in 2019 and/or minor fixes to issues from 2018s and/or hopefully improved leasing numbers at the MY reset.

nvabill

First Name
Bill
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara, C-182 Skylane
2018 vs 2019 $2000 difference

Lets put this waiting thing into perspective, my Sahara had a msrp of $49,225 in January minus $500 bonus drive cash and $500 golden ticket making a net msrp of $48,225.

Now that same Jeep would have an msrp of $50,475 minus $250 bonus cash since it went down, no golden ticket so new msrp of $50,225.

So, in 6 months price gone from $48,225 to $50,225, now let that sink in.

Exactly $2000 more and who knows what a 2019 will be!

Blu bi Kong

First Name
Vic
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
My Rubicon was 44,465. Ordered March 22nd, received May 25th. Glad I didn't wait! Zero issues, (with the exception of the inability to accurately know it's location!) May 25th 1:15 dealer tells me it is in Alorton, Illinois. 3:00 same day dealer calls and says the Jeep is on his lot in Valencua, CA. ready to pick up!
So far exactly ' none' of the issues written about on the forum have shown their head. 3200 miles and counting. Nothing but smiles! I will have cramps from smiling by the time the 2019's come out.

Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement