Sponsored

Worth trading in my 3.6 for the 3.0??

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I have owned 4 JLURs in total. 3 were the 3.6, and my most recent is a 2021 Eco-Diesel. I can say without question for us as soon as we drove the diesel we knew that was the engine for us.

Not only is this my favorite of my JLURs, it is probably my favorite vehicle, and drivetrain I have ever owned (out of the 50+ vehicles I have owned).

I really, really like the 3.0 and 8 speed in the JL. even my wife actually likes driving this Jeep. I was talking to her about my next purchase (just how I am) and she was telling me she wants to keep this one and just have me buy something else for me. having her picking the Diesel JL over a new grand Cherokee etc. says a lot.
Sponsored

diezselsmk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Yes you want it. Instant torque, has the upgrade trans most people forget to mention. same one that's in the 1500s 8HP75. great milage. no need to lift if running 35s. no need for gear changes if you want to run 37s. Stop listing to the regen crowd. short drives long drives it does not care. I average 8 to 10 tanks before I think about filling the def tank. I have 4.5 lift so I am pushing air. drive one and you will be sold. oil change everyone complains about, they forget to mention you will get twice the milage out of oil changes compared to gas. Yes you want it.

gerlbaum

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangle Sport Diesel
People dont care too much about power with Wrangler. Diesel will go out of style long before gas will as people jump on EV.
If looking for power and fuel economy cost saving - get hybrid Wrangler.
That surprises me considering the 392, 4xe, and 3.0. Even the 2.0 has better performance. Clearly enough people do that jeep has 5 engine options. IMO the 3.6 has a singular advantage of being simple which isn’t the case when equipped with the etorque deal.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
We love our JLURD. Has performed exceptionally. Was just at Windrock and it barely burned more than 1/8 tank each day! Over 10k miles have put in less than 7 gallons of DEF.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
We love our JLURD. Has performed exceptionally. Was just at Windrock and it barely burned more than 1/8 tank each day! Over 10k miles have put in less than 7 gallons of DEF.
That's awesome thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Yes you want it. Instant torque, has the upgrade trans most people forget to mention. same one that's in the 1500s 8HP75. great milage. no need to lift if running 35s. no need for gear changes if you want to run 37s. Stop listing to the regen crowd. short drives long drives it does not care. I average 8 to 10 tanks before I think about filling the def tank. I have 4.5 lift so I am pushing air. drive one and you will be sold. oil change everyone complains about, they forget to mention you will get twice the milage out of oil changes compared to gas. Yes you want it.
And this is why I want to upgrade. I was thinking probably just upgrade the shocks and call it good with 35s.

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I would say do it.

I debated between a 392 and a 3.0. I settled on the 392. I love my Jeep. It’s so much fun but I definitely feel it on our camping trips. I stop for fuel too much due to range anxiety.

I’d still choose the 392 over the 3.0, but if I wasn’t considering a 392, the diesel would have been my easy choice.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Just a few pics of the current beast. I will miss having the truck but I think I can't go wrong either way. And looking at the short supply of the Wranglers right now I feel like I'm getting a pretty decent deal.

C6BCD6B7-3923-4C8D-B594-94EEA6B56651.jpeg

tempImagev1196H.png

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
If losing out on the truck bed is one of your biggest downside issues why not a Gladiator diesel?

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
If losing out on the truck bed is one of your biggest downside issues why not a Gladiator diesel?
Ya I've looked into that. But they are impossible to find right now especially the Rubicon versions. And the ones I've found are north of 60k. If I could find one for around 56 I would be interested in and Sarge. I guess I could look into ordering one too.

Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Ya I've looked into that. But they are impossible to find right now especially the Rubicon versions. And the ones I've found are north of 60k. If I could find one for around 56 I would be interested in and Sarge. I guess I could look into ordering one too.
Order and get exactly what you want. Get dealer recommendations near you from here. A good dealer will work with you on swapping tires and wheels etc.why wouldn’t they rather have the new tires and wheels. Take the time to investigate options and I bet you won’t be sorry.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
Order and get exactly what you want. Get dealer recommendations near you from here. A good dealer will work with you on swapping tires and wheels etc.why wouldn’t they rather have the new tires and wheels. Take the time to investigate options and I bet you won’t be sorry.
Thanks. I'll look into that too.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
Thanks. I'll look into that too.
JLURD with a Maximus-3 Rhino Rack mount gives you 900lb static load rating through the roll bar and enough utility that I’ve never missed a truck bed. Plus you get the breakover and departure benefits.

OP
OP
andrew8404

andrew8404

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Rubicon
JLURD with a Maximus-3 Rhino Rack mount gives you 900lb static load rating through the roll bar and enough utility that I’ve never missed a truck bed. Plus you get the breakover and departure benefits.
That's the exact rack I was looking at. I also like the ladder attachment. Do you use it for a tent? How hard is it to remove and remove the tent since I'm sure it's a tight fit underneath. I'm also looking at the frontrunner rack which runs the full length of the roof but is downright expensive.

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
That's the exact rack I was looking at. I also like the ladder attachment. Do you use it for a tent? How hard is it to remove and remove the tent since I'm sure it's a tight fit underneath. I'm also looking at the frontrunner rack which runs the full length of the roof but is downright expensive.
I haven’t had a tent on it yet but you won’t be doing much work underneath that low-profile rack mount. Most people either use a quick disconnect between the rack and tent, but the slickest approach I’ve seen is direct mounting to the sliding block-looking nuts that go into the slats of the rack. The long version of the rhino rack still allows the freedom panels to come off which is nice.
Sponsored