Sponsored

Worth to snag ‘22 gobi 392 or wait?

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I absolutely love my sky one touch top. This is my third Jeep and I will never have another one without it. Even my kids love it. I put in a hotheads liner sunshade and it helped with the wind buffeting them in the backseat so they enjoy it even more. The sky one touch is probably my single favorite Jeep feature currently.
Sponsored

BEACHED WHALE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
I was a fan of the 1 touch sky top until i realized it really can't be removed. I hope it is rugged and holds up. Also Gobi is a sweet color. But like others have said it's price dependent. I have the choice to get a firecraker red 392 in a week cause the guy who ordered 4 of them backed out. Now the dealer wants above mrsp a sizable deposit and wants to give me low end on my perfect low mile trade in. I want nothing to do with them.
Same here. upcharge on a 392 jeep for the low end price of a barley used jlur. I rather order one at msrp or under and drive mine. It will be the same if not better deal

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
The Sky One touch is well worth the wait. However, try and change your color to Gobi at the factory. Blue is dime a dozen and personally, just personally I am not impressed with the blue every time I see it. It's too blue, if you know what I mean. Try and change your production color to Gobi and wait. If Gobi had been a color choice back when I ordered my 392, it would have been a no brainer. Again, Sky One Touch is well worth it. NO hassle taking the roof off or finding storage for it. Just click a button.

Sponsored

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Sarge JLU Willys 2.0T
Occupation
Engineer
So question! I have a 2023 rubicon 392 on order. Blue with one touch! Was able to come across a 2022 gobi rubicon 392. Can pick it up this weekend instead of waiting until (who knows when order will arrive). But it has the hard top not the one touch :(. Would you guys wait ? Is the one touch worth it? Or would you jump on it!?

84BF61A6-97DA-49C8-B7CD-73128276B659.jpeg

4BB83063-E280-4634-802C-5D067B7ED369.jpeg
My $0.02 is that the Gobi is a limited run color and if this is a Jeep you're planning on keeping for a few years, hard top would probably be better than the SOT?
I have heard a few rumblings that the SOT causes production delays due to part/chip availability.

Do the other options in this Gobi pretty much lineup with what you ordered?

This is a mean looking Jeep by the way!

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
My $0.02 is that the Gobi is a limited run color and if this is a Jeep you're planning on keeping for a few years, hard top would probably be better than the SOT?
I have heard a few rumblings that the SOT causes production delays due to part/chip availability.

Do the other options in this Gobi pretty much lineup with what you ordered?

This is a mean looking Jeep by the way!
everything else is the same....only thing different is this is gobi, and doesnt have the one touch! I think I am ok with being without the one touch. In exchange for getting a limited run color!

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
everything else is the same....only thing different is this is gobi, and doesnt have the one touch! I think I am ok with being without the one touch. In exchange for getting a limited run color!
Get yourself a Sunrider for hardtop and you’ll be plenty happy! SOT is overrated in my opinion.

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
Sounds great. I read the post where you mentioned picking up the 392 this weekend.

Congratulations and enjoy that limited run Jeep.

Sponsored

_oIIIIIIIo_

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
I noticed that two of my local Jeep dealerships seem to get a lot of new inventory with the SOT. Stopped in for my oil change recently and was talking to the dealership manager and mentioned all the SOTs and he said they sell faster than other models and they can get them from the factory faster than any other top. He said sometimes it cuts wait times by a month.

I’m sure that’s not the case for all dealerships in all areas, but still interesting to hear that.

MidwestJeeper

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Engineer
I noticed that two of my local Jeep dealerships seem to get a lot of new inventory with the SOT. Stopped in for my oil change recently and was talking to the dealership manager and mentioned all the SOTs and he said they sell faster than other models and they can get them from the factory faster than any other top. He said sometimes it cuts wait times by a month.

I’m sure that’s not the case for all dealerships in all areas, but still interesting to hear that.
Interesting!

When I ordered mine, I was told that SOT was one of the options that caused delays. Maybe they got a flood of new inventory at the plant and started cranking the SOT orders in recent times...

caraholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taycan Turbo, 392XR, 981S, F430
Personally love the SOT and I was on the fence at first with it. The convince can not be beat. Are you getting a discount on your 23 order and did you order the XR package? These would play important decisions for me. I wouldn’t settle on something if you can get exactly what you want with a small wait.

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
Personally love the SOT and I was on the fence at first with it. The convince can not be beat. Are you getting a discount on your 23 order and did you order the XR package? These would play important decisions for me. I wouldn’t settle on something if you can get exactly what you want with a small wait.
no discount on the 2023 order....and no i did not order the XR package

GladiSD

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' AEV 392 JL370, 08' S2000 CR, 08' S2000, 99' SV
Occupation
Sure...
So question! I have a 2023 rubicon 392 on order. Blue with one touch! Was able to come across a 2022 gobi rubicon 392. Can pick it up this weekend instead of waiting until (who knows when order will arrive). But it has the hard top not the one touch :(. Would you guys wait ? Is the one touch worth it? Or would you jump on it!?

84BF61A6-97DA-49C8-B7CD-73128276B659.jpeg

4BB83063-E280-4634-802C-5D067B7ED369.jpeg
I was in a similar boat a few weeks ago, but still different.
I had ordered a Hydro hardtop 392 XR with half doors. I was dead set on that being my perfect combo. The color red hadn’t even crossed my mind. Then…

I stumbled onto a new, Sky one-touch, Firecracker AEV JL370 392 at a local dealer. Decided to go look at it. The color red suddenly made sense and the AEV build outweighed the half doors. I didn’t want the sky one touch, but now I would have ordered it originally knowing how much I love it.

You really gotta weigh what you want and what will make you happy.
Sponsored