Worth to snag ‘22 gobi 392 or wait?

_oIIIIIIIo_

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 4xe
I was in a similar boat back in July ‘21. I wanted a 4xe in Nacho with the SOT, and orders for Nacho were halted right before I placed my order. The dealer couldn’t find any nacho with a SOT sitting on another lot, but they could a regular hardtop. I decided that the SOT was the overall feature I really wanted more than color, so placed my order and got it delivered in 29 days.

Super happy I went with the SOT in sting gray instead. The SOT is hands down my favorite thing about my Jeep. It will always be the thing I add first to a future model, and if they remove it then I won’t buy another Jeep.
Sponsored

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
I was in a similar boat back in July ‘21. I wanted a 4xe in Nacho with the SOT, and orders for Nacho were halted right before I placed my order. The dealer couldn’t find any nacho with a SOT sitting on another lot, but they could a regular hardtop. I decided that the SOT was the overall feature I really wanted more than color, so placed my order and got it delivered in 29 days.

Super happy I went with the SOT in sting gray instead. The SOT is hands down my favorite thing about my Jeep. It will always be the thing I add first to a future model, and if they remove it then I won’t buy another Jeep.
Dang all of this gushing over the SOT is not helping me LOL

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I'm poor so I only have a regular JLUR :), no 392. I decided against the SOT because I was told that top couldn't be removed... I saw where an earlier poster mentioned a video showing how you can remove it but for the sake of this post, let's say that you can't.

I love the look of the top removed completely from the Jeep, so the SOT would be a no no for me. But... if I'm being honest, I'm only topless probably 20 to 30 days total a year even though I have the hoist to remove it in my garage because it's either too hot, too cold or there is threat of rain. If I had the SOT, I'd be enjoying the top rolled back MANY more days than the 20 to 30 I currently enjoy topless.

So, it definitely is a decision to weigh on but the only right answer is the one you are comfortable with.

AutoCompanion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392 Recon (on order)
My 392 Gobi was originally cancelled then went back into D1 status and as of today is in I status. Super excited! Should see it in the next few weeks I hope!

OP
OP

ITThisIsDrew

First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota Tacoma, 2021 Supra GR
on all versions (SOT and hard top) can you still take out the back windows? or is that only certain models?

Sponsored

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
on all versions (SOT and hard top) can you still take out the back windows? or is that only certain models?
The only way the back windows are coming out of a hardtop is WITH the hardtop. You can remove the back windows on the SOT, but in my opinion it looks ridiculous. You'll be fine with the hardtop, and get a Sunrider like I said in an earlier post and you won't regret it.

You'll also be happy you had a hardtop when you get one of those lake-effect blizzards in the winter...

JESM

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver Moab
Get It!! dont think about it!!!

Namakan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys
I had the SOT and while it's convenient I was not a fan (to each their own). Mine would rattle in the tracks whenever it was open which drove me nuts and after numerous attempts to correct it there was noting the dealer could do.

rubicon20032003

First Name
Joe wrong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl
I had a 23 392 xr order.But came across these on lot for alittle under sticker.And with parts storage and shipping problems .I canceled my order .These is my second sot top.I could live without it.Jeep seems hotter inside when it a hot day .And my old one seemed to get loose from snow weight in winter

1D2EF88B-AE2A-4C73-8203-C7375B6B7FF3.jpeg

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
So question! I have a 2023 rubicon 392 on order. Blue with one touch! Was able to come across a 2022 gobi rubicon 392. Can pick it up this weekend instead of waiting until (who knows when order will arrive). But it has the hard top not the one touch :(. Would you guys wait ? Is the one touch worth it? Or would you jump on it!?

84BF61A6-97DA-49C8-B7CD-73128276B659.jpeg

4BB83063-E280-4634-802C-5D067B7ED369.jpeg
You're a dumbass for not taking that Gobi! haha... assuming you can't order. If you can order a Gobi, then do that. I'm patient.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Approx. 4k above msrp. Which I hate above msrp. But in this climate…..I think the gobi color is worth it alone? I don’t know ! Also….so much money for a damn jeep hahah
Yes.

Don't think you'll ever see another Gobi 392 produced now that they're closed apparently, period.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had the SOT and while it's convenient I was not a fan (to each their own). Mine would rattle in the tracks whenever it was open which drove me nuts and after numerous attempts to correct it there was noting the dealer could do.
Hmm. Mine's been pretty great so far -- did have an issue with the rope (it's stretchy) hitting the plastic rail when closed (and going over bumps) but a small piece of 3m fixed it. I def. do think at some point people should expect some noises. I have the same issue with the hard top though.

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Approx. 4k above msrp. Which I hate above msrp. But in this climate…..I think the gobi color is worth it alone? I don’t know ! Also….so much money for a damn jeep hahah
$4k above vs. $8k below?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/ratberts-dealers-below-invoice-spreadsheet.95841/

And yes, we love our SOT. Definitely worth it. We had on-and-off rain and hail on the trails near Breckenridge Saturday. Just touch the button when it starts and when it's over.

Cuyose

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Data Analyst
If you have the money to drop on a 392 I am guessing, you might have a pretty sweet garage set up as well. Hook up a hoist system and a battery socket wrench, and you can have top on and off within 5 minutes. Would be a no brainer for me, I love the Gobi paint.
Sponsored