Sponsored

Worth it to switch Sport suspension with Rubicon factory springs and shocks?

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger RT, Hopefully Sting Grey JLU
Is really worth it to switch Sport suspension with Rubicon factory springs and shocks.
Sponsored

Hucke_250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sport
What is your intended use for your Jeep? What size tires would you like to run? Will you be installing the suspension yourself? Budget?

OP
OP
rmartino99

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
285/70/17. Just light trails, not anything above 3 mostly 1 and 2. This is a daily driver.

Megawatt

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 money pits: Turbo Busa, Road King, 22JLUR snazz
Occupation
Powerplant operator
Did you find a good deal? Is it time to replace shocks? Did you add steel bumper up front and are now sagging? Do you just want to do an upgrade?

Sponsored

OP
OP
rmartino99

rmartino99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Take offs $100, I can do labor. Steel from and rear bumpers. With 285 tires not sure I want to go to next level maybe in a couple of years when tires wear out.

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
if you have a good deal on take off's I would do it, it'll improve your sport handling characteristics on the road also even if you don't use the full spectrum of the added flex of the rubicon package or springs. The ruby shocks themselves are better shocks and even though people say they're a harsher ride, its actually a better controlled ride imo and reacts better in general.

I have the swap on mine and its been wonderfull on the road (I have added the factory extended lower control arms for arouund 100$ as well which I suggest you do) and my 2 door sport S is one of the best behaved solid axle that I have had on the highway, its still a solid axle but its great and I do 200 km per day to get to work.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I installed Rubicon tires, shocks and springs on my Sport, including new mopar LCA. I did not notice a significant difference in ride or handling. The reason I made the change was because I wanted tougher tires and a little bit more ground clearance for the trails that I do. The tires should have increased my height by about 3/4", I measured another 1 3/4" after I added the springs and shocks. I did the swap myself at my house in about 6 hours.

Sponsored

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Did mine and spacers due to bumpers.
Worth every penny and gave me almost 3 in front and 2.75 rear.
Worth it for less than $300

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is really worth it to switch Sport suspension with Rubicon factory springs and shocks.
If you are looking for a little firmer, and a lot more planted, controlled/connected to the road feel out of your rig, then yes, absolutely worth it, and hard to beat the price……👍

6.2Blazer

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport
For $100 and you doing the install it would be worth it. Did the same thing on a buddy's Sport this summer which included the Rubicon springs, shocks, tires and wheels that he paid $1,200 for. Took me about 2 hours to do the install and it looks way better.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Take offs $100, I can do labor. Steel from and rear bumpers. With 285 tires not sure I want to go to next level maybe in a couple of years when tires wear out.
Okay...

So after this, no more modifications for the next couple of years.

Where have I heard that before?

laroo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
The answer is yes. Only issue you might see is your steering feeling a little looser due to lower caster. Mopar lift LCAs at around $60 should solve that problem if you experience it. FWIW, I did not see any difference in steering when I installed some on my Sport.
Sponsored