Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
What are the worst things to say / you can hear about a Jeep? Some thoughts:
  • Referring to it as a “car”
  • “I would never take it off-road. It could get dirty! Eww, no!”
  • “Why is the gas mileage less than I thought?”
  • Spouse after new tires and lift: “Wow, for all that money you spent, I don’t see much of a difference!” “Is that it?”
  • Dealer: Any sentence that begins with “We regret to inform you that we will not be able to repair your vehicle under warranty because…”
  • “Your new 2021 Jeep order has been completed and should arrive at our dealership in less than nine months! Thanks for choosing Sleezeball CJDR for all your Jeep needs!” You and your wife then have two new children before you can take delivery, and thus you have to cancel the order.
  • A larger, more beefed up jeep pulls up next to you at a traffic light. You give them a friendly smile and jeep wave, only for them to look down at you with a condescending smirk, laughing maniacally “heh heh heh” as they pull away while rolling up their tinted windows.
  • You proudly pick up your date in your freshly cleaned wrangler. The first thing they say is “Ew, what’s that smell?”
  • The second thing they say when you put it in gear and pull away from the curb: “Oh no, what’s that sound?”
  • “Please don’t ever take the top off? It’ll mess up my hair!
This should be good… 😂
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
"Mr. Heimkehr, your YJ requires replacement of the short block. Don't worry, the warranty will cover the expense."

The second sentence did nothing to alleviate the first one.

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Officer pulls you over on the highway. “Do you know how fast you were going?!” You reply, “I wasn’t speeding.”

Then he takes a step back, looks at your jeep, and laughs, “You’re right, my bad. No way you were going 85 in a 65 in THAT thing! I must’ve mistakenly radared the Bronco that was on your left at the time!” 😂

Sponsored

Pinion

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 FJ40, 22 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Project Manager
They use some of the most brittle fasteners known to man. I've never rounded off more bolts on any other manufacturer's vehicles.
Also, I'm not sure if they're still using the same cheap two piece lug nuts as they did on my TJ, but what a colossal piece of crap those things are.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
At dealership getting my first service, and the service manager keeps asking "Do you take it off road a lot?". My reply, ... "Its never been off road, not even once", as I sidle over in front of the rock gouged wheels, hoping he won't notice.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Officer pulls you over on the highway. “Do you know how fast you were going?!” You reply, “I wasn’t speeding.”

Then he takes a step back, looks at your jeep, and laughs, “You’re right, my bad. No way you were going 85 in a 65 in THAT thing! I must’ve mistakenly radared the Bronco that was on your left at the time!” 😂
That should always be your answer, whether you're in a Jeep or Ferrari. You're literally admitting fault when they ask questions.

I am a supporter of the blue but there is zero chance I am saying more than what's absolutely required.

A cop walks in, youre holding a smoking gun and covered in blood splatter. Don't. Say. A. Word. Period.

Sponsored

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
After complaining about my new 2012 that burned about a quart of oil a month. The customer service representative responded to me with:

Nothing is wrong with the jeep, it is functioning as designed.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Also, I'm not sure if they're still using the same cheap two piece lug nuts as they did on my TJ, but what a colossal piece of crap those things are.
Ugh. Yeah, those are trash. I replaced all of my lug nuts after losing a cap and finding out just how terrible they are.

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Leaning against your new Jeep, you proudly show it off to an attractive young lady to impress her. She asks, Oh, is that your Jeep?! I love Jeeps!” To which you reply, “Sure is! Just got it new a couple weeks ago!”

She glances back at the Jeep and then back at you with a puzzled look. “Wow, I’m surprised! I thought cars like that were for younger guys!” 🤦‍♂️
Soooo wrong.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Leaning against your new Jeep, you proudly show it off to an attractive young lady to impress her. She asks, Oh, is that your Jeep?! I love Jeeps!” To which you reply, “Sure is! Just got it new a couple weeks ago!”

She glances back at the Jeep and then back at you with a puzzled look. “Wow, I’m surprised! I thought cars like that were for younger guys!” 🤦‍♂️
Soooo wrong.
I would have replied "ya, same with makeup for you" ;)

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When your Jeep is a really big, jacked up monster truck car crushing world ending sand railing behemoth ultra man rig…and your significant other’s first reaction is “Oh, that’s so cute!” 🥰

Urgh 🤮
Sponsored