Sponsored

Worst thing to happen with top/doors off?

Trini

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4xe
Clubs

Temperature dropping unexpectedly, and I got super sick :(
Sponsored

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Ocracoke Island...North Carolina...went in to a bar to get a drink, pop up storm.........interior soaked. I was saved by the Spidershade somewhat.
Which bar?

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
Jeep Wrangler JL Worst thing to happen with top/doors off? 1674860299562

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Took a rock off the jaw last summer. Think it kicked off the tire of an oncoming truck. Hurt like hell.
Yeah, last summer a chunk of rubber came up, nailed me right above the eye (I wear glasses), shock the hell out of me. Had a small bruise for a couple days.

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know people say it's a Jeep but electronics don't mix with water. And the factory 8.5 or is it 8.6 is expensive to replace

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yeah, last summer a chunk of rubber came up, nailed me right above the eye (I wear glasses), shock the hell out of me. Had a small bruise for a couple days.
Yes I always wear sun glasses and at night I wear clear glasses to protect my eyes

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon

JLTruman

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 wrangler jlus bright white
Vehicle Showcase
Howard's Pub
Love Howard's pub, went there a lot as a kid, went a couple years ago and my kids ate every bit of seafood they could. My parents used to own Blackbeard's lodge

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I know people say it's a Jeep but electronics don't mix with water. And the factory 8.5 or is it 8.6 is expensive to replace
meh... So far it has been fine. Maybe I've just been lucky. If you're worried about it you could hang something if front of the stereo if you're caught in the rain to limit how much water gets on there. Probably would be a nice thing anyways because the water tends to "push buttons" on the screen.

The worst thing (ok maybe not the worst but it was unexpected and I'm still mad about it) about getting stuck in the rain is that the center console is not water tight. Not that I think it's reasonable to expect it to not leak when submerged or something, but the center console lets water in almost as fast as if the lid wasn't even there but then the bottom holds it, so it just fills. Wasn't an issue in my TJ. Maybe something with the design of the hinge? First time it happened to me it ruined a few of my things, I had stuff floating around in the little pool that formed. Cleaned it out then used the shop vac to empty it. Water gets into both the top compartment, and the bottom. And as I said it doesn't take much rainfall at all for it to happen. The glove box seems to stay dry though.
Sponsored