Sponsored

Worst thing to happen with top/doors off?

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
The worst for me is a rain storm in the middle of the day and I'm doing grocery shopping
Sponsored

music293

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Clubs

Sitting in a drive-thru once, the wife and I. Doors off, top off.

Big wasp decides it wants to say "hello". He lands right on my thigh (wearing shorts, it's summer) and just hangs out for a while as I'm trying to speak to the nice lady to take my order. I'm not the biggest fan of things that can fly and sting and don't immediately die, so that took some restraint. :D

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I just found this pic online and it now has me scared to ever remove my Jeep's hardtop... A good power wash would take care of the outside... but the interior... oh lord...

jeep poop.jpg
Key word would be Garage. :like:

JLUW75

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW
Occupation
Engineer
Wondering what the worst thing that has happened to you or your Jeep when you’ve had the top/doors off? 🤔

I look forward to taking the doors and hardtop off once the weather gets warm again, but can only imagine…. Theft, animals, thunderstorm, some random dude jumping in while you’re waiting at a stoplight…? 😂
I enjoyed reading all the stories about bugs, poop, and whatnot. I did not read anything about the risk of getting T-boned or having some road debris hit you in a naked Jeep!!!! I'm thinking maybe because all those people are permanently disfigured or dead and are not providing feedback on these pages!

Sponsored

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I enjoyed reading all the stories about bugs, poop, and whatnot. I did not read anything about the risk of getting T-boned or having some road debris hit you in a naked Jeep!!!! I'm thinking maybe because all those people are permanently disfigured or dead and are not providing feedback on these pages!
Buy the ticket, take the ride...

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
Doors aren't considered safety devices and are not required for driving, unless you're in PA or some other state with dumb laws. They might help contain your limbs in a roll over, though. They probably aren't replying because they don't have hands anymore :/

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Worst thing to happen with top/doors off?

At stop lights, chicks keep jumping in my Jeep because I can't lock the doors. It's been a real problem.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Sponsored

CherryOnTop

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Was headed down the highway for a day of wheeling and knew it was going to be a cold night so I had my jacket stuffed under the rear seat. Not good enough, apparently - heard a woosh and looked into the rear view in time to see it get run over by a semi. Made for a chilly ride home. Now everything gets lashed down.

SouthernJL

First Name
Isom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Camry and 2014
I mentioned this in my earlier post. I also mentioned that it likely hadn't been posted yet because the person is no longer alive. We think alike!

melman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Worst thing that happened so far: tried to take the freedom tops off at a long light . Light changes and I forgot to secure the one side and it flies off … thanks fully it doesn’t hit anyone or anything but it got ran over twice . Cost $530 to repaint and resurface. Order a softrider top the next day lol . Lesson learned

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Wondering what the worst thing that has happened to you or your Jeep when you’ve had the top/doors off? 🤔

I look forward to taking the doors and hardtop off once the weather gets warm again, but can only imagine…. Theft, animals, thunderstorm, some random dude jumping in while you’re waiting at a stoplight…? 😂
A pop up rainstorm. I was very surprised there were no issues with any electronics :)

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
A pop up rainstorm. I was very surprised there were no issues with any electronics :)
You would think that a vehicle designed with a removable top that has been around since 1941 would have weather-proof electronics. You would think… 🙄
Sponsored