Sponsored

Worst thing to happen with top/doors off?

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be right back. :time::beer: OK, just put my top and doors back on. Reading all this has scared poop right out of meeee. :facepalm:
Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
So no ones ever found chewing gum, spit or a drink tossed in their open Jeep when they park it on the street for an hour or two.

Our local small cities where I will park naked are relatively crime free, but I'm paranoid some ahole will vandalize it simply because it's a Jeep.

My friends, who have owned numerous Jeeps think I'm crazy.

Dad Rad

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon
Not in my jeep, but in an old TR-6 back in the '80s. Crossing the old Howard Franklin bridge from St. Pete to Tampa. It had light poles in the middle, and would go bumper to bumper full stop during rush out. Stopped in traffic. Giant pelican let one fly, and it hit exactly on my forehead and exploded everywhere.

The only thing worse than bird poop in your face is when it (a) is a VERY large bird, which (b) has a diet of only fish.

OP
OP
TheBirdie72

TheBirdie72

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition 2 Door
I just found this pic online and it now has me scared to ever remove my Jeep's hardtop... A good power wash would take care of the outside... but the interior... oh lord...

Jeep Wrangler JL Worst thing to happen with top/doors off? jeep poo

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I was driving around in the summer and stopped in front of a hotel at a red light. A small old Asian lady got in my back seat and asked to go downtown. She seemed to think I was some sort of hotel shuttle and didnā€™t speak enough English to get out. I dropped her off at the stores downtown. At least it was a nice day. No tip though.
I've often wondered what reactions I'd get if I removed the tonneau cover and attached a magnet like this one to the outward-facing sheet metal. šŸ˜

Jeep Wrangler JL Worst thing to happen with top/doors off? Sheetz

Themistocles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Ram 2500 Cummins / 20 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Even with the JLU in Warm Summer Day mode, I still get the sensation of being in a cocoon of sorts. The truth is that riding motorcycles has spoiled me for convertibles, no matter how enjoyable the experience of the latter.

With the foregoing in mind, the truly worst thing that I've had happen while out and about is catching a live yellowjacket in my full-face helmet while riding at speed. All the bird droppings or carelessly discarded brassieres ;) in the world can't compare with that event.

After struggling to safely pull the bike over and remove my helmet -- to say nothing of nursing the fresh sting on my face -- I might choose to take a chance with an uninvited passenger at the drive-thru rather than repeat my experience with Vespula maculifrons.
Agree...30 years on a motorcycle and the jeep, even topless and doorless, feels like riding in a safe. Took a huge June bug the shoulder at about...well lets say way, way over the speed limit on a CBR 929. Damn near took me off the back of the bike and knocked my arm free of the hand grip. I first though I had been shot, then seriously thought I had broken my shoulder. Ended up with a black and purple bruise the size of my hand that lasted weeks.

My bee in the helmet experience ended much better. It hit my jacket, bounced up under my helmet, landed on my nose for a couple seconds, then flew to the face shield and walked around on the shield until I could get pulled over and set it free.

DarkAardvark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ, 2021 JLR
So no ones ever found chewing gum, spit or a drink tossed in their open Jeep when they park it on the street for an hour or two.
Oh yeah that reminds me. I parked at a hiking trail head and had an asshole throw granola bar wrappers, empty water bottles, and a bag of dog poop in the back of my TJ

And I remembered this one awful first date I went on. The girl was absolutely psychotic. Like literally. Doors off and she was in the passenger seat. We hit rush hour traffic. Turns out she had intense road rage. She was literally leaning out of the side of the jeep and screaming at people on the road. I'm like... Holy shit, now I'm stuck in traffic with this lunatic. We're going to get shot. Fuck. Yeah, most awkward first date...

Our local small cities where I will park naked are relatively crime free, but I'm paranoid some ahole will vandalize it simply because it's a Jeep.
Yeah all of my stuff happened in and around Baltimore. I mean, nobody stole the thing, even when it was parked in Sand Town with no doors. I'm guessing they either couldn't drive stick or they thought it was a bait car haha

Frank R.

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Agree...30 years on a motorcycle and the jeep, even topless and doorless, feels like riding in a safe. Took a huge June bug the shoulder at about...well lets say way, way over the speed limit on a CBR 929. Damn near took me off the back of the bike and knocked my arm free of the hand grip. I first though I had been shot, then seriously thought I had broken my shoulder. Ended up with a black and purple bruise the size of my hand that lasted weeks.

My bee in the helmet experience ended much better. It hit my jacket, bounced up under my helmet, landed on my nose for a couple seconds, then flew to the face shield and walked around on the shield until I could get pulled over and set it free.
+1 on the notion that years of motorcycling will ruin you for anything else. I'm on a hiatus from riding since 2008, however, so my jeep is how I get my fix for now.

Junebugs...one of my best/worst riding memories was zipping over a mountain pass one evening about 60mph when I saw one coming towards me at eye level. Using my cat-like reflexes, I moved my head to the right at the last possible moment and he zipped right past me. It was as that exact moment that I remembered that my wife (girlfriend at the time) was sitting right behind me. Her reflexes were somewhat less cat-like than mine. That was a l-o-n-g weekend... šŸ¤£

Sponsored

Jhawth

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Not in my jeep, but in an old TR-6 back in the '80s. Crossing the old Howard Franklin bridge from St. Pete to Tampa. It had light poles in the middle, and would go bumper to bumper full stop during rush out. Stopped in traffic. Giant pelican let one fly, and it hit exactly on my forehead and exploded everywhere.

The only thing worse than bird poop in your face is when it (a) is a VERY large bird, which (b) has a diet of only fish.
There's a eagle nest on top of my office building. I've never seen so much poop come out of a bird before šŸ˜³

Egralia

First Name
Emerson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willys
Someone (guessing a thirteen year old) scratched the word, SORRY, in my passenger dash and rifled through my purposely unlocked compartments but didnā€™t take anything.

The tire jack compartment will fill up with water with the back windows off and the top on so take out that plug.
That just happen to me the other day but they only took the tool kit. They left the sunglasses, coins, cab cover, ducks. Just took the tool kit.

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
Tragic?
Tragic is an understatement !!!
You do realize of course that is alcohol abuse, right?
Honestly, I'm not sure I could admit to doing something so hideous!!!
(I jest of course ... that is funny AF :) )
I offer my tale as a public service announcement. Hopefully I can spare someone from the experiencing the heartbreak I endured. Please, put your beer in the trunk!