Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Can’t believe this happened
On my way home this morning an oncoming pickup tossed a marble sized stone that hit my windshield
My 6 day old JLUR now has an unrepairable chip that has spidered out to 2 inches right in my driving sight line
And I’d be willing to bet new replacement windshields are not available yet
It could always be worse, no one got hurt
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Can’t believe this happened
On my way home this morning an oncoming pickup tossed a marble sized stone that hit my windshield
My 6 day old JLUR now has an unrepairable chip that has spidered out to 2 inches right in my driving sight line
And I’d be willing to bet new replacement windshields are not available yet
It could always be worse, no one got hurt
You are not the first, more than a few other members have experienced this already. One if I recall on his way home after picking his Jeep up from the dealership.

Basically SafeLite has the replacements available from my understanding. I'll do some digging to see if I can find the threads for you to peruse.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
And I guess it's steep windshield rake that mostly results in the high rate of cracks on these?

bilcol81

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Sahara
Occupation
Retired
We've had 4 Wranglers since '07 and had to have windshields replaced in every one due to stones. I just call my insurance co, and tell them it's time for my annual windshield replacement. Safelite is the best!

Sponsored

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
And I guess it's steep windshield rake that mostly results in the high rate of cracks on these?
That makes logical sense as to why the windshields are subjected to a high number of chips. I am lucky that I don't have one yet, but a buddy of mine has a JK and has replaced several in just the last couple of years.

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Just so you know you are not alone, I have replaced 3 windshields an repaired 2 times on my 2 jkus’s I have owned so far.

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
That makes logical sense as to why the windshields are subjected to a high number of chips. I am lucky that I don't have one yet, but a buddy of mine has a JK and has replaced several in just the last couple of years.
If it were me I'd just stop replacing them so frequently. If the cracks aren't in the field of vision, just live with them for a while.

BillyHW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Where I live they put sand/dirt/gravel on the roads during winter. It isn't really possible to avoid a cracked windshield. I've resigned myself to the fact that I'll probably get a cracked windshield.

Sponsored

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
It happens not a big deal. Just get it fixed. The rubi is fine.

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
That's unfortunate. There's a local member here who chipped a windshield on a test drive. I'm betting the dealer wasn't too impressed.

Out here, we sprinkle our roads with rock chips since it's too cold for salt. Sometime in the late spring, the street dusters finally come out and remove the rock chips from the streets and highways. Until then, every car that passes you has the potential of chipping your windshield. In fact, a quarter of all the vehicles in town have chipped windshields. We don't bother replacing them because it'll happen again within a year.

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
We made it three days and 151 miles before the dreaded stone chip in the construction zone around Daytona! The chip morphed into a graph of last weeks NASDAQ within minutes!:angry::punch::no: Hopefully, Safelite will be here Wednesday with a Mopar replacement.
Well, Wednesday (3/21) was optimistic. Safelite called and said it would now be at least 4/3 before they will have the windshield from MOPAR.

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Have owned 7 wranglers and guess what they are bricks on wheels and catch every little stone thrown at them...just make sure your glass deductible is set for $0

Ohwillyb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ 2019 2DR JL Hellayella Rubicon (ORDERED 9/12/18)
Vehicle Showcase
I have a TJ and have used a windshield repair it on it over 2 dozen times. The ones I can fix in the summer turn out great it's hard to tell but the ones I fix in the winter don't turn out as well.
Sponsored