Sponsored

| Worst MOD | The one MOD that really grinds your gears |

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
It’s clearly not the same. I wouldn’t personally do either one but you can’t deny that huge tires give a massive benefit off road, which is what the vehicle was designed for. Low profile tires on 20”+ wheels is completely and utterly useless.
That's just your opinion if he wants to lower it his choice Just as silly as buying the Cheapest Jeep then add 30k in mods a waste of money my opinion.
Again people scream Death wobble but dig into the issue it all started after that lift that they needed to go over the curbs at the MALL
Sponsored

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
Plain black on mine right now.
I was thinking it would be nice to get either Bart Simpson, or a cat printed on it with the camera where their navels are.

tc.jpg

belly_button_tattoo_2_1137358895__1__original.0.jpg

Cat_Ass_Navel_Tattoo_original.0.jpg
DAMNIT ALL TO HELL!!! Now I can't unsee that shit! CRAP!!! That is just waaaay wrong...on so many levels!!!

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
That's just your opinion if he wants to lower it his choice Just as silly as buying the Cheapest Jeep then add 30k in mods a waste of money my opinion.
Again people scream Death wobble but dig into the issue it all started after that lift that they needed to go over the curbs at the MALL
How is that an opinion? A lowered Jeep has lost its intended functionality. A lifted one has gained more. That’s not an opinion.

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
How is that an opinion? A lowered Jeep has lost its intended functionality. A lifted one has gained more. That’s not an opinion.
Not all mods are about gaining functionality. Not that I agree with lowering a Jeep, just sayin...

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
At least the wheel trim is a match!

rogo66

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
This forum is a place you can go on and tell your story, voice your opinion, and help people. To the guy lowering his Jeep, I feel as a Jeep community we have failed in the helping people part of it and for this I am sorry........ lowering your Jeep WTF! :facepalm:
Sometimes lowering a jeep works!

20180519_115122.jpg

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
My money if I decide to lower it my choice, I think putting 40" tires is a waste of money.
We will agree to disagree. Your Jeep your own money.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
K. I bought Kc on my TJ and those lasted 3 months. Who cares where they are from as long as they serve the purpose. Again, I've tested these with my wife driving past me and they are tilted to factory specs.

If you have a problem with any others, then write jeep a letter and explain they need to make better halogens so that we dont have to revert to aftermarket.

P.s. I have a JL not a JK. Better housings on these.

Peace.
People believed the sun revolved around the earth even though science said otherwise. Many smokers still think smoking isn't unhealthy even though science says otherwise. Some people will believe what they want no matter what science/engineering says.

Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
People believed the sun revolved around the earth even though science said otherwise. Many smokers still think smoking isn't unhealthy even though science says otherwise. Some people will believe what they want no matter what science/engineering says.
I am an Electrical/Network Engineer myself. I guess it depends on what Engineer you listen to. I trust me.

If you would like to talk quantitative theories, I can give you my number so we can chit-chat.

Your quote is a textbook definition of an oxymoron. In addition, I guess I should believe whatever a stranger tells me on the Internet about light bulbs especially one, whom was referencing the previous generation Jeep model to try an make a point.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
Biggest pet peeve? People peeved about peevish mods. Fack it, if some wants to put on 24 in rims with a series 15 sidewall, than good for them! Its their facking Jeep and this is facking America! If someone want to put lame-o eyelashes then to each own! Now, if someone wants to call their Wrangler a CAR - heaven forbid?!!! That's cool too!. Let's not be Jeep snobs here. We should celebrate the differences amongst us. We don't all have to look cookie cutter! I spent 13 months in Bagdad because I believe in freedom of expression and opinion. Doesn't mean I agree with you, and doesn't mean I would mod my vehicle in that particular way, but I respect your right to it and support it!
You “went to Bagdad because you believe in freedom of expression and opinion “ yet you just vented on people expressing their opinions.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
People who think they have any right to judge what others like on their Jeep

Xingpao

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I will join the crowd aghast about lowering a wrangler. It is like putting a lift on a corvette.

I also do not really like 400 colors of LED blinking rocklights and prefer just white, but do not mind a small amount of one color LED accent lighting.

I could be too old, though.

I will say Jeepers are inherently snobbish because we are all mostly looking at other Jeeps all day to assess how to customize our own perfectly to our own tastes. I doubt anyone honestly gets upset seeing any of the mods mentioned. I do reserve the right to laugh my ass off at lowered Jeeps, however.
Sponsored