OP
TrailTorque

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a bad back and will be using the base tires & wheels (those Michelin A/S tires :( ) for long trips and new 295/70/17s on new wheels for off-roading and shorter trips. Will only use the spare for emergency duty, so I may have to get a tire cover too, which may check another box in the worst mod list :( But at least I can save my back a bit more work :)
At least get a tire cover with something catchy on it. Makes it cooler lol.
Can’t go wrong with a ‘Merica’ tire cover! haha
Sponsored

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
Lifting your jeep then adding side steps that hang down 4" lower than where you started before lifting.
You know the ones..
About a dozen manufacturers now for street dragging steps. Why????

e94071587ed9c1b8f1235ee3698111c2x.jpg

Hey hey now this will be me at some point. I will be lifting for the look of a 2.5" lift w 35s. I just feel the JLUR doesnt reach it's full aesthetic potential until these mods are done. Buuuut, I still have 2 little girls and this is my daily driver. Steps are for them. I realize they could just get ripped off on the trail.
20180902_004631.jpg

Sponsored

TheBrandon

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
There is nothing I hate about modding (damn hate is a powerful word) but there is a local Jeep I see from time to time that is hideous. It's a JK with Chrome everywhere. This is easily the least attractive thing to me.

Luekutus

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
500px.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler jL Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Explorer, Adventurer, Armchair Biologist, and (Former) Software Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
My Sahara came with 18" wheels, which, to my mind, are bordering on the over-large rims mentioned above. My dream mod, when I can afford new tires, is to swap them out for plain ol' body-color-painted wheels like on the Africa Concept Jeep.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
jeep1-big.jpg

nuff said
For each his own this vehicle is no different than lifting the Jeep up and adding 40" tires both look silly. Or adding a 30k worth of mods and never see dirt. Your Jeep mod anyway you want your money. So many mods are so useless but people pay for them so the Lowerd Jeep his money.

Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
Leo's right. On the JK forums there was a lighting engineer that explained you cannot add LED or HID bulbs to a stock reflector, especially the shallow JK reflector. He would buy many aftermarket products and test them with illumination instruments. They all failed from a lighting perspective and all were illegal because they weren't DOT approved. Why make headlights worse by putting junk in. If you want better lighting then buy engineered LED or HID light packages that meet DOT requirements from a reputable company like KC or Truck lite not junk from China or Japan.
These same complaints were cast when halogen came our to replace standard incandescent bulbs. Originally only law enforcement had halogen. made them easy to spot at night.
Well manufacture adapted and xenon came along. I expect the same with LED. Having been a lighting designer for 40 years I'm confident there will be compliant LED replacement bulbs soon enough. It's th 9" housing that probably makes a more specific design a little farther out.

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
Leo's right. On the JK forums there was a lighting engineer that explained you cannot add LED or HID bulbs to a stock reflector, especially the shallow JK reflector. He would buy many aftermarket products and test them with illumination instruments. They all failed from a lighting perspective and all were illegal because they weren't DOT approved. Why make headlights worse by putting junk in. If you want better lighting then buy engineered LED or HID light packages that meet DOT requirements from a reputable company like KC or Truck lite not junk from China or Japan.
K. I bought Kc on my TJ and those lasted 3 months. Who cares where they are from as long as they serve the purpose. Again, I've tested these with my wife driving past me and they are tilted to factory specs.

If you have a problem with any others, then write jeep a letter and explain they need to make better halogens so that we dont have to revert to aftermarket.

P.s. I have a JL not a JK. Better housings on these.

Peace.

ValkyrieGoesVroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU
I didnt know it until I read this thread but apparently Grumpers :no: Also, Lilly Pulitzer Jeep wraps - really any patterned/floral wraps are a hard pass

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
For each his own this vehicle is no different than lifting the Jeep up and adding 40" tires both look silly. Or adding a 30k worth of mods and never see dirt. Your Jeep mod anyway you want your money. So many mods are so useless but people pay for them so the Lowerd Jeep his money.
It’s clearly not the same. I wouldn’t personally do either one but you can’t deny that huge tires give a massive benefit off road, which is what the vehicle was designed for. Low profile tires on 20”+ wheels is completely and utterly useless.
Sponsored